JT Rams Chat Highlights: Final Pre Draft Chat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
JT Chat Highlights

—I have been told emphatically by sources that would know that the Rams aren’t shopping Bradford.

—Keep an eye on LaMarcus Joyner, Terrence Brooks, and Deone Bucannon in the second round. (Bucannon could go in first.) Bucannon by the way did ultimately make a top 30 visit to StL,

—3 OT’s in Top 10? Yes. And I don’t think Martin gets past NY Giants at No. 12.

—Maybe Fisher himself has developed the Manziel man crush, but I have to believe they want to move down from No. 2 overall and pick up and extra second-rounder.

—Odds Rams Do Hard knocks? Don’t know about a percentage, but Fisher isn’t a proponent of Hard Knocks. In other words, he’d prefer not to have his team on the show.

—Take Clowney at #2? I think they take him unless, Atlanta offers a nice assortment of picks.

—Would you change sources if the Rams end up taking Manziel? My sources around the league _ and its not a ton _ wouldn’t change. It’s their honest opinion that the Rams aren’t taking Manziel at No. 2, and I respect that. I think it would be more directed toward Fisher and Snead _ not just me, but maybe the players as well. Can you trust what they’re saying? If you were truly looking for a QB change, why come out so strong and so unequivicably pro Bradford for all that time? Makes no sense.

— They brought Mack in for a pre-draft visit, they like him. And his best asset is rushing the passer. I mentioned in a draft article about him (during our draft series this past couple of weeks, that he could possibly line up at the strongside LB on running downs and then be a rush end on the line of scrimmage on passing downs. I don’t know about taking him at No. 2. But it wouldn’t be a shock.

—The Rams did talk to Tre Mason at the Combine. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the Rams took a running back at some point in the draft.

—Later round position targets? Obviously hard to predict, because we don’t know what’s happening in Rounds 1-3, But you could be talking QB, RB, and depth at other positions such as LB, OG, DT, etc.

—Basically everyone seems to think that the Texas are either taking Clowney or trying to trade down. If that’s the case, it makes it more difficult for Rams to trade down. And might limit their choice at 2 to offensive tackle or perhaps Mack.

—How Could they Take a DT (Donald) with all the other needs? Good point. But just look at that defensive line of Seattle last season. They were basically 8 deep _ all starting quality _ and kept rotating people in and wearing down offensive lines. It wasn’t all about the secondary with the Seahawks. The Rams have been looking all offseason for help at DT _ be it free agency and pre-draft (at least 6 of the pre-draft visits were DTs. So the Rams must think it’s a bigger need than any of us _ myself included. Donald could be a very disruptive interior pass rusher to pair with the Rams DEs. If that’s the case, where do you hide if your’re an opposing QB.

—What happened with John Greco? He didn’t seem to get a ton of opportunities either. But he was still a third rounder. And third-rounders should be starters.

—Several people that I’ve talked to think Robinson, Matthews, and Lewan are better than any of the tackles taken in the 2013 draft.

Read Remaining JT Chat Highlights

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Looks like were targeting a saftey in round 2 or 3 just as I have hoped for all along. better value there.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Looks like were targeting a saftey in round 2 or 3 just as I have hoped for all along. better value there.

absolutely better value there.... Unless the Safety is all-world there is no reason to one in the first round, especially with Donald and a host of CB's available. when is this damn draft...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LaMarcus Joyner? That would make me one happy fellow.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LaMarcus Joyner? That would make me one happy fellow.

I think if Greg Reid can get his act together, he can be better than Joyner. Its a long shot but I have high hopes for the kid, I remember how electric he was for Florida State

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think if Greg Reid can get his act together, he can be better than Joyner. Its a long shot but I have high hopes for the kid, I remember how electric he was for Florida State

Don't agree. And not at all the same type of player.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't agree. And not at all the same type of player.

They are the same height, weight, age and position. They both are known to be very aggressive and play bigger than their size. Despite their size, both men are hard hitters. Both have questions about them playing outside in the NFL, both would be better suited as a slot corner or safety. Both have been rumored to potentially make a move to safety. Joyner ran a 4.43 40 Reid ran a 4.46 Both were electric return men in college.

So while they certainly do have their differences, I think your point of them being "Not at all the same type of player" is a little flawed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are the same height, weight, age and position. They both are known to be very aggressive and play bigger than their size. Despite their size, both men are hard hitters. Both have questions about them playing outside in the NFL, both would be better suited as a slot corner or safety. Both have been rumored to potentially make a move to safety. Joyner ran a 4.43 40 Reid ran a 4.46 Both were electric return men in college.

So while they certainly do have their differences, I think your point of them being "Not at all the same type of player" is a little flawed.

Joyner is a far stronger player, a bigger hitter, a better tackler, has safety experience, and is a meaner player. Reid is a tough, feisty CB but he's not Joyner. It's like assuming that Jon Baldwin and Mike Evans are similar players because they have similar measurables. Greg Reid is a slot CB in the NFL. Joyner can play FS, slot CB, and SS.

So unless we're arguing semantics here, no, Greg Reid isn't the same type of player as Joyner.

scifiman

At least the disagreement is not as heated as the Bradford-Suh draft opinions were. I dont ever want to go there again.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
At least the disagreement is not as heated as the Bradford-Suh draft opinions were. I dont ever want to go there again.
I think most of that is because the Bradford-Suh decision tied into Bulger or not, and then that decision tied into the whole Warner thing, which we recently found out is still heated 10 years later.

I was pretty much in the Suh camp, but that was mainly because I was afraid that without the supporting cast, we were bringing in a #1 overall QB to ruin him. It was pretty obvious that Bulger couldn't stay going into 2010.