Jrry32's Second Mock Off-Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wanted to change things up a lot to expose y'all to some different players. This mock is a bit more unorthodox. I took some chances in FA. It might be a little less realistic in that regard, but all of the players fit our scheme and make sense.
Cut
ILB Mark Barron

There's not much to say here. I think we're all agreed on this one. Barron stepped up in the playoffs, but we need somebody who offers more in terms of run fits.

Re-sign
OG Rodger Saffold
CB Sam Shields
ILB Bryce Hager
S Blake Countess
ILB Cory Littleton - Second Round RFA Tender
CB Dominique Hatfield - ERFA Tender
RS Jojo Natson - ERFA Tender
DL Morgan Fox - ERFA Tender
CB Kevin Peterson - ERFA Tender
OLB Garrett Sickels - ERFA Tender
WR KhaDarel Hodge - ERFA Tender

I doubt there are too many surprises here. I would say the only two possible surprises are not re-signing Ndamukong Suh or Dante Fowler Jr. I think Suh wants his final multi-year contract. That will make it not feasible to bring him back. I like Fowler Jr., but I am wary of his price tag as a former top pick. I think we all expect Joyner to go.

Free Agency
rquinn.jpg

Robert Quinn OLB

I'm guessing you didn't expect this one. However, I think bringing Quinn back has a lot of benefits. First, Miami is going to cut him, so it doesn't hurt us in the comp pick formula. Second, Quinn knows the scheme and this team well (he's respected here too). Third, Quinn can still generate 6 to 9 sacks per year and solid pressure, even if he isn't the player he once was. Finally, Quinn will come at a relative bargain and on a short-term deal. Plus, with Obo, Miller, Samson, and others, Quinn will rotate more and staying fresher will hopefully allow him to be more effective when he does play.

gettyimages-630527070.jpg

Dontari Poe NT

Poe is another guy who will likely be released and won't count against the comp pick formula. He's coming off a couple of average seasons, so I think we'll able to get him on a short-term deal at a reasonable price. He's a great fit for what Wade wants in his NT, and it's possible Wade's scheme could vault him to a big season and a big contract with somebody else (which is a selling point for us). Dontari is a massive man at 6'3" 350, but he's an exceptional athlete who should do well in a scheme that lets him attack the backfield.

GettyImages-1074139050.jpg

Brian Poole SS

This is probably the riskiest move of my mock off-season, but I think it's one that could pay off in a major way. Wade is very particular about what he wants in a safety. He likes safeties who can play in the box, blitz off the edge, man up in coverage, and play the deep zones. That's a lot to ask, so there aren't a ton of guys who fit that criteria. Poole is interesting because he has spent three years as a slot CB in Atlanta. He was great as a rookie, but he has been so-so (at best) since then. Where he has consistently shined, though, is in his physicality as a run defender and his blitzing off the edge. I think, like LaMarcus Joyner, Poole is a better safety than CB. He doesn't possess the short-area quickness or loose hips to match up well in the slot. That all said, Poole has terrific instincts and is quite adept at reading route combinations. I think he offers exactly the sort of well-rounded skill-set that Wade values in a safety. And after not being tendered by Atlanta and so-so years as a slot CB, I think we can land him at a discounted price despite the fact that he's only 26 years old.

usatsi_11397477-copy.jpg

Blake Bortles QB

I imagine that some people will groan about this, but I think it's a brilliant move. Bortles' stock is at the lowest it has ever been. He stunk up the field in 2018 and was one reason why the Jaguars drastically under-performed. Once he is cut, I don't see him getting a big-money deal. I think we can swoop in and offer him a fairly cheap deal. Why I love this idea is because Bortles has actually played solid football when things around him are good. When he's protected, has good play-calling, and good WRs, he's capable of being a competent starting QB. We're only looking for a backup QB. If we have a guy who is capable of being a competent starter in the right situation, we're ahead of most other teams. Think of guys like Nick Foles, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Case Keenum. When they were in bad situations, they looked bad. But they looked like competent QBs when things were going well around them. That made them valuable. With guys like Tyrod Taylor, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Nick Foles, Ryan Tannehill, and Teddy Bridgewater on the market, we should be able to get Bortles cheap.

usa_today_10210214.0.jpg

Ryan Groy C/OG

We tried to sign Groy after the 2016 season when McVay and Kromer had just been hired. The Bills matched our offer and kept him. Groy hasn't played as well away from Kromer's system, so I think we can sign him now cheaper than what we offered a couple years ago. He'll provide quality depth at Center and Guard.

NFL Draft
Round 1 Pick #31 - Jeffery Simmons NT Mississippi State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z4GgjkQKDI

Analysis: Prior to Simmons tearing his ACL during training, I had written him off. He wasn't falling out of the first 15 picks. Hell, he might not fall out of the top 10. Well, Simmons' misfortune is our luck. He might have miss his rookie year. If things go well, he goes on the PUP list and is available for the final stretch. Regardless, Simmons is a monster. In a lot of classes, he'd be the top DT. He played NT in the 3-4 for MSU, including for Todd Grantham, who runs the Phillips 3-4 (he coached under Wade in Dallas). Simmons is Wade's prototype at NT. He's been compared to a young Suh. When left 1 on 1, Simmons' guy almost always goes backwards. When doubled, Simmons has flashed the ability to stand up and even split double teams. He's a freakishly gifted athlete at 6'4" 305 pounds. He demonstrates the power to overwhelm interior OLs, the speed to pursue and blow up zone-stretch plays, and the anchor to do the dirty work inside. Simmons has active hands as a pass rusher and run stopper who is quite adept at controlling the hands of the OL and flashes the ability to win quickly with an arm-over swim move. One of his biggest selling points to me is his relentless effort. He will pursue plays sideline to sideline from the NT position. The kid has a nonstop motor. His weaknesses are inconsistent leverage, a need to better understand what blocking schemes are trying to accomplish, and a need to develop more pass rush moves. All of those things are coachable and should improve with experience. Imagine Aaron Donald taking this kid under his wing. I'm so excited about the possibilities.

Round 3 Pick #31 - Justin Layne CB Michigan State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w51AaLut1Y

Analysis: Layne is a tad raw as a CB, but he's very gifted. Layne is a converted WR, who even played some WR in 2018 when needed. Unsurprisingly, he has outstanding ball-skills and soft hands. As it stands now, Layne is a very gifted press-man CB. He has patient footwork at the LOS, lands his punches with expert precision, has disruptive physicality, and is smooth out of his transition. Further, he's a great run defender at CB. While he needs to increase his play strength and bulk at 6'2" 185 to keep from being glued to blocks, he's a willing and fearless run defender who tackles well on the edge. The weak points of his game are his rawness in zone and off-man coverage. He's a generally sound zone defender who will execute his assignment, but he doesn't yet have the instincts or comfort to be a game-changer there. The problem for him in off-man coverage is that his short-area quickness is very average, so WRs can separate against him with sharp, quick cuts when he can't use his physicality and length to disrupt routes. Layne is leggy, rangy athlete, so he best fits in either a press-man heavy scheme or a zone-heavy scheme (as he develops more in zone coverage). As we all know, Wade prefers to run a press-man heavy scheme, but has run a zone-heavy scheme of late to accommodate Peters. Thus, Layne fits well with what we're looking to do now and in the future.

Round 3 Pick #37 - Christian Miller OLB Alabama

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IHZVsMI-uc

Analysis: Miller is player who is flying under the radar despite playing for Alabama. The reason for that is injuries. Miller didn't play much before this year due to injuries. If he had, I think we'd be talking about him in the late-first round. Miller is a versatile edge defender who looks comfortable dropping into coverage, rushing the passer, and setting the edge. He's technically sound in the run game and does an outstanding job of setting the edge and turning plays back inside. As a pass rusher, he's very dangerous. He has the flexibility to bend the corner and flatten, he uses a variety of pass rush moves (the long arm/stab move being his most effective) and flashes advanced pass rush plans, and he has a powerful punch that he lands with consistency. At 6'3" 245, Miller will need to add some bulk and get stronger for the NFL game. His injury history is concerning. And Miller is a tick slow off the snap too often for my taste. Still, Miller has all the tools as a pass rusher and can contribute both in run defense and coverage. You don't find too many guys in the late-third round you can say that about.

Round 4 Pick #31 - Lil'Jordan Humphrey WR Texas

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUSzbsztJG4

Analysis: I initially had Isaac Nauta here, but I decided to go a different direction. Humphrey provides for an interesting dynamic. He's a 6'4" 230 pound slot WR. Basically, he's an undersized slot TE. Humphrey is a natural hands catcher with the ability to climb the ladder and win jump balls. He's one of the best YAC WRs in the draft, consistently breaking tackles after the catch. As a blocker, he flashes the ability to do damage, but he needs to be more consistent attacking defenders. At times, he chooses to be passive and catch defenders, which results in him going backwards. His route running isn't raw or polished. He needs to be mindful of his route tempo, as it can tip the depth of the route he's running. He also doesn't possess overly loose hips or quick feet. Still, he runs solid routes and generates separation with subtlety by setting defenders up and selling his breaks well. I'd like to see him use his size and strength better as a route runner. It'll allow him to create more separation against smaller CBs. Still, he's intriguing in the slot because he dwarfs your typical slot CB and is too athletic for the vast majority of LBs and safeties to handle in coverage.

Round 5 Pick #31 - Travis Homer HB Miami

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fJHWyMNAjc

Analysis: I think Travis Homer is this draft's Philip Lindsay. Homer doesn't have Lindsay's top-end speed, but he breaks tackles better than Lindsay. What I love about Homer's game is his ability on passing downs. He's a physical and technically sound pass protector who will not hesitate to throw his body around. While he's still perfecting his blitz recognition skills, he stonewalls blitzers when he reads it correctly. As a pass-catcher, Homer showed much softer hands this year and is difficult to cover due to his crisp routes and impressive agility. As a runner, I actually thought Homer was 6'2" 240 pounds when I was watching him this year. It's not until I looked into him recently that I realized he's only 5'11" 205. I actually checked Miami's roster to make sure I had the right guy. Homer runs like a back 30 pounds heavier. He is an extremely physical runner who bowls people over when he gets behind his pads. He has the agility and elusiveness to also make players miss in the open-field. His burst and cutting ability make him an effective zone runner. Moreover, Homer displays good vision and patience. His running style will prevent him from being a bell-cow runner, because he won't hold up at his size if he has to carry the ball 250 times a year. Nevertheless, Homer can be an effective member of a committee and a dangerous passing-down HB.

Round 6 Pick #31 - Khalil Hodge ILB Buffalo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pufPQK3offs

Analysis: I originally had Khalil Hodge slotted in as our fourth round pick, but I realized that he won't be a guy valued highly by a lot of teams. Hodge didn't even receive an invite to the Combine (which is just nuts). Over the past two years, Hodge has averaged 148 tackles per year. He is a three-time captain and a true defensive leader. His football character is off the charts. However, Hodge is also a limited athlete who fits more into that thumper role that a lot of teams no longer value. Hodge diagnoses plays quicker than any LB I've watched this year. He almost never gets it wrong. He also displays good speed downhill, he has the size (6'1" 250) and strength to take on blockers, he plays with consistent gap integrity, and he rarely misses tackles. Hodge also shows comfort backpedaling in zone coverage and reads the QB well. That all said, Hodge lacks the speed to run sideline to sideline, and he lacks the short-area quickness and fluid hips to handle man coverage responsibilities well in the NFL. He's a very smart and instinctual defender, but he has his athletic limitations. I'd also like to see him use his hands better to keep blockers from getting to his chest.

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
XWR: Brandin Cooks
ZWR: Robert Woods
SLWR: Cooper Kupp
TE: Tyler Higbee or Gerald Everett
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan
RG: Austin Blythe
RT: Rob Havenstein

5T: Michael Brockers
NT: Dontari Poe
3T: Aaron Donald
WOLB: Robert Quinn
Mo LB: Cory Littleton
Mike LB: Khalil Hodge or Micah Kiser or Bryce Hager
SOLB: Samson Ebukam
RCB: Aqib Talib
LCB: Marcus Peters
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: John Johnson
SS: Brian Poole

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd be on board with Poe, Poole and Groy.

Quinn is on the downside and never played the run well. That ship has sailed IMO.

I'd love to get Bortles cheap but believe other QB savvy coaches will also see potential in him. It's like Asshole Face getting Bridgewater. I think McVay could help him improve but other coaches will think it too. So price may be prohibitive.

The draft would be a disappointment. Simmons would be a 'when does the other shoe drop' type for me. I don't believe the model citizen part has changed anything. Whatever was in him that made him okay with beating a woman was conditioned from living in an abusive household or something. It's hard to change who you are.

Payne would be an alright pick in the late third

Christian Miller would be a real hit or miss pick.

I don't think another tailback and receiver would be warranted, although I do think this team needs a matchup problem at WR. I just don't think you will find that guy in the fourth round as a developmental type. They have two decent tailback that won't see the field anyway.

I do worry that when Woods hits free agency that the market will price him out of the Rams range. They got him cheap. Now teams see what he can really do, and Green Bay and Cinncinatti have former Ram coaches that would dovetails intelligence, leadership, route runner, YAC, etc,... other coaches have noticed too I'm sure. So, there is a potential need to replace Woods after next year. And the Rams could use a big man to scare opponents and to get jump balls. But, those types are usually drafted higher.

Khalid Hodge is a potential seventh round steal. I don't know how much better Micah Kiser would have looked if he played for Buffalo. So maybe Hodge would be more of the same, but with NFL coaching maybe Hodge could be better than Kiser.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Love Dontari Poe, he'd be perfect for this scheme and the runs up the gut would stop. I like Groy for depth, he might even start at Center or RG, but he's fits the zone blocking that Kromer runs. Blake Bortles would be a perfect back up, but @Elmgrovegnome might be right of another team paying more money, but Bortles IMO would be very open to working with McVay and does offer something a Ram QB has not had in a very long time and that is the ability to make plays with his legs.

Robert Quinn IMO, will be a New York Jet. Better fit for the 4-3 and reunited with Gregg Williams, don't see that happening. The draft I really like Humphrey & Homer. Humphrey can really go up and get it and Homer can catch the ball really well and would give the offense another weapon, plus spell Gurley.

I would add a Tight End to the draft, have a feeling they will draft one to throw new TE Coach Wes Phillips a bone and there is a need for one like Tommy Sweeney out of Boston College. Big hands, plays angry and one of the premier blocking Tight Ends in the draft. Also maybe an Offensive Lineman too, but with the addition of Groy and keeping Saffold, there would not be any room.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
I may be a homer because of my Miami bias but I love the Travis Homer pick, dude is so physical and is a great one cut back, he finds the hole and goes, he runs super hard and is a good pass catcher and decent blocker, and has great ball security, if we can get him, I will be ecstatic

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely love the Hodge and Miller picks, they were in the mock I was just working on. The free agency is solid and wouldn't love any of the signings but they all make sense and fill needs which is exactly what we should be doing.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In this scenario, would you expect Brockers to restructure? Like the Poe move a lot. I definitely believe that a space eating wide body NT is what this D is missing.
The Quinn move is meh to me, he made a couple of plays for Miami but like his last year with the Rams, when he is not in on the play he is way out of the play, total non factor.
I’d be more hopeful that Obo is ready to participate.
The Humphrey pick is interesting, mostly due to your history of success in finding these guys. Sounds a lot like Everett?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd be on board with Poe, Poole and Groy.

Quinn is on the downside and never played the run well. That ship has sailed IMO.

I'd love to get Bortles cheap but believe other QB savvy coaches will also see potential in him. It's like Asshole Face getting Bridgewater. I think McVay could help him improve but other coaches will think it too. So price may be prohibitive.

Looking at all the other QBs on the market and how Bortles seems to be regarded, I just don't see him being that expensive. Bridgewater was an injury risk. He actually had all-around solid film. Bortles has been very up and down. IMO, it's like Foles. When we cut him, KC landed him on a fairly cheap contract.

The draft would be a disappointment. Simmons would be a 'when does the other shoe drop' type for me. I don't believe the model citizen part has changed anything. Whatever was in him that made him okay with beating a woman was conditioned from living in an abusive household or something. It's hard to change who you are.

That assumes that hitting a woman who was having an altercation with his sister during high school is whom he is. Look at some of the other guys who entered the NFL with similar red flags: Joe Mixon, Frank Clark, Tyreek Hill, etc. They have largely stayed out of trouble. Simmons stayed out of trouble during college. Absent more, I'm willing to take that risk. He's regarded as a top 5 talent in this class. People make mistakes.

Payne would be an alright pick in the late third

Christian Miller would be a real hit or miss pick.

Both are high-potential picks that could be a home run. Although, I don't think either are very risky. The big risk with Miller is durability. The big risk with Payne is getting him in the right scheme.

I don't think another tailback and receiver would be warranted, although I do think this team needs a matchup problem at WR. I just don't think you will find that guy in the fourth round as a developmental type. They have two decent tailback that won't see the field anyway.

This is an insanely deep WR Draft, and I like the HBs in the 4th to 6th rounds in this Draft. It makes sense to me to add a WR or TE in this Draft. I saw Humphrey as sort of a hybrid there. At HB, I think it's smart to add a passing-down HB since we're letting Brown and Anderson walk. Kelly might develop as a pass protector, but I want to cover my bases in case he doesn't.

I do worry that when Woods hits free agency that the market will price him out of the Rams range. They got him cheap. Now teams see what he can really do, and Green Bay and Cinncinatti have former Ram coaches that would dovetails intelligence, leadership, route runner, YAC, etc,... other coaches have noticed too I'm sure. So, there is a potential need to replace Woods after next year. And the Rams could use a big man to scare opponents and to get jump balls. But, those types are usually drafted higher.

That's one more reason to keep adding WRs now on Day 3. Hopefully, you strike gold on a guy before he leaves.

Khalid Hodge is a potential seventh round steal. I don't know how much better Micah Kiser would have looked if he played for Buffalo. So maybe Hodge would be more of the same, but with NFL coaching maybe Hodge could be better than Kiser.

Yeah, I really like Hodge's game, and we're one of the few schemes that will value it. He kind of reminds me of Laurinaitis. Limited athlete but brilliant football player.

In this scenario, would you expect Brockers to restructure? Like the Poe move a lot. I definitely believe that a space eating wide body NT is what this D is missing.
The Quinn move is meh to me, he made a couple of plays for Miami but like his last year with the Rams, when he is not in on the play he is way out of the play, total non factor.
I’d be more hopeful that Obo is ready to participate.
The Humphrey pick is interesting, mostly due to your history of success in finding these guys. Sounds a lot like Everett?

No. Brockers is in the final year of his deal. We let him walk after the year. We restructure Cooks and Havenstein by turning their roster bonuses into option bonuses. As for Quinn, that wouldn't differentiate him from Fowler last year. That's why I don't want to give Fowler big money. The nice things about Quinn are that we get him at a reasonable price on a short-term deal and it doesn't count against our comp picks. The hope is that one or more of the young guys (Miller, Obo, Ebukam, etc.) step up and allow Quinn to be more of the secondary pass rusher off the edge. Plus, I've always liked Quinn's character, so we're not taking a risk on a guy who will hurt us in the locker-room.

With regard to Humphrey, he's not ever going to be a true TE like Everett can be. If we hit a home run with him, he has the potential to be a Brandon Marshall-like talent. But I think we're a unique scheme fit for him because we treat our slot WR a lot like a TE. If Humphrey can become a more physical and aggressive blocker, he'll be a real mismatch for us as a slot WR. Some might wonder about Kupp. But I'm not worried about Kupp's ability to find a role. What I don't want to happen is for Kupp or Woods to get hurt and us not have an answer for that. I think Reynolds fits better as a Woods replacement while Humphrey could serve as a Kupp replacement. Plus, I'm sure McVay could find ways to use his size in the mean time.

Ram65

Legend
ILB Cory Littleton - Second Round RFA Tender
Yes and would be nice to get a longer deal that is cap friendly. Lock him up for 3-4 years.

Robert Quinn OLB
No. Was a big fan but, he is not the same player.

Dontari Poe NT
I'm with the rest. Keep strong inside and stop the run.

Blake Bortles QB
Why not. Has experience and can run when things brake down. Would be a nice insurance upgrade.

Ryan Groy C/OG
Depth and competition.

The draft is interesting. Can't see the Rams wait for Simmons to get healthy.

Is Round 5 Pick #31 - Travis Homer HB Miami much better than Kelly?

Hodge and Humphrey getting a following. I like an instinctive LBer and a bigger WR.

These mocks get me to know what's available. So many ways for the Rams to go. Thanks.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like the Bortles move. He fits the mold of someone who has been a starter in this league, and seems capable of winning some games for us if needed.

Poe and Poole seem like good fits as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. Was a big fan but, he is not the same player.

Well, if Quinn was the same player, we wouldn't be able to get him. We can't afford a guy who is a consistent double-digit sacker unless he plays here at a discount. Quinn isn't the same player, but he's still a guy who can provide 6 to 9 sacks per year and solid amounts of pressure. If we can get that at a reasonable price on a short-term deal, I think it's a victory for us. Quinn isn't a long-term fix.

The draft is interesting. Can't see the Rams wait for Simmons to get healthy.

Is Round 5 Pick #31 - Travis Homer HB Miami much better than Kelly?

Hodge and Humphrey getting a following. I like an instinctive LBer and a bigger WR.

These mocks get me to know what's available. So many ways for the Rams to go. Thanks.

Homer won't push Kelly off the team (unless a UDFA or Davis steps up). Homer is here to pair with Kelly. Homer has more ability to win the edge and more ability on passing downs. Kelly is the better inside runner. If Gurley gets injured again, we need somebody to pair with Kelly.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Nice CB pick in the 3rd round! (y)

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I think we posted our Mocks at about the same time.. You must've been up really late Saturday night, errr Sunday morning :)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Love the Simmons pick. No need to explain why. Layne, Hodge, Homer, and Miller also look like solid picks.

Love the potential pickup of Poe. He's always been a favorite of mine, and imagining him, Brockers, and Donald next to each other? Oh, my.

Poole and Bortles are also intriguing. I can't say that they'd be my first choice, but they can definitely be underrated pickups.

My only hesitation is Quinn. I'd much rather spend to get Justin Houston or someone along those lines than Quinn.

Overall, though, I love this mock offseason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love the Simmons pick. No need to explain why. Layne, Hodge, Homer, and Miller also look like solid picks.

Love the potential pickup of Poe. He's always been a favorite of mine, and imagining him, Brockers, and Donald next to each other? Oh, my.

Poole and Bortles are also intriguing. I can't say that they'd be my first choice, but they can definitely be underrated pickups.

My only hesitation is Quinn. I'd much rather spend to get Justin Houston or someone along those lines than Quinn.

Overall, though, I love this mock offseason.

Justin Houston will cost double what Quinn will imo. That's why I didn't pursue him. We could open that money up, but I was hoping to save some money for an extension or two.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
wow!! love this hole thing. great free agency I really like quinn I,m one of the few who thought we should never have let him go in the first place. if simmons comes back early he is a great pick. I really like the layne pick cause I never want to see another of those 5ft7 to 5ft9 cb they seldom work out. at first I was scratching my head on the Humphrey pick then I thought about a red zone of with humpprey Reynolds evert higbee and cupp don't know if it would be any good but it would be big as hell. thought the hodge high lights we very good for a 6th rounder. if this hole off season and draft could come true I think the construction at the new stadium should stop so they can start on a huge trophy case

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Humphrey could be what we were hoping Reynolds would be, a big jump-ball RZ target. Looks like he's got surer hands than Everett, though not sure what Everett's drop rate was in 2018 - GE caught some very critical passes for us. Really like that pick.
Ya Simmons would be swell, I think if we keep Brock on, then rotate Simmons in for a late playoff run, wow....
Do we even know what we have in Obo?? Would Simmons be a similar situation?? It's hard to stay in playing shape from the tub.
edit: forgot to say, with Poe in the fold & Suh and Brock walking, we could prolly afford to let Simmons sit a bit. A big line with Simmons, Poe, & JFM as DL with AD & Obo (?) on the edges would be nasty....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Humphrey could be what we were hoping Reynolds would be, a big jump-ball RZ target. Looks like he's got surer hands than Everett, though not sure what Everett's drop rate was in 2018 - GE caught some very critical passes for us. Really like that pick.
Ya Simmons would be swell, I think if we keep Brock on, then rotate Simmons in for a late playoff run, wow....
Do we even know what we have in Obo?? Would Simmons be a similar situation?? It's hard to stay in playing shape from the tub.
edit: forgot to say, with Poe in the fold & Suh and Brock walking, we could prolly afford to let Simmons sit a bit. A big line with Simmons, Poe, & JFM as DL with AD & Obo (?) on the edges would be nasty....

I didn't cut Brockers. He's still here.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am all in on Bortles ,Groy, Poe and Poole. Quinn it all depends on cost and I am not sure he was ever comfortable in WP, system. Love Hodge and just have a good feeling about him. I haven't looked at CB's so I have no take.
Thanks for taking the time.
Simmons is a very interesting situation. More talent than our draft position warrants but will sit due to injury and we may want an instant contributor due to our situation. Very interesting indeed

st.rams

UDFA
Name
Mark
I like the Hodge pick and the Dontari Poe signing, other than that this really makes my head explode.

We aren't getting anything that strengthens us in this draft, when we don't have 2. rounder and spend our only 1. rounder on a guy that's not gonna play. We can't take that luxury this year. We could if we were the Raiders.

Robert Quinn thats weak. He have showed that he don't fit the Wade system. There is no need to try force that one in again. Ryan Groy is not even an upgrade over Sully. Bortles lost his job to Cody Kessler...

Brian Poole why? There are so many better alternatives in both FA and the deep safety draft.

We need to strengthen our defense in the draft and FA, especially at the linebacker position, and this defend you field for the next season looks worse than what we had for 2018. Just my honest opinion, but appreciate you taking the time and having your take on it. We all look at it differently :)

Last edited: