Jrry32's Final Mock Draft of 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As promised, after watching the first round come and go, I will be putting out my final mock of 2020. My aim here isn't to guess which players the Rams will draft. Rather, I simply pick players I like who fit our scheme and our draft philosophy.

Trades
Rams trade Round 2 Pick #25
Ravens trade Round 2 Pick #30 and Round 4 Pick #37

Rams trade Round 3 Pick #20
Eagles trade Round 3 Pick #39, Round 4 Pick #21, and Round 4 Pick #40

Rams trade Round 4 Pick #40
Jets trade Round 5 Pick #12 and Round 6 Pick #32

Rams trade Round 6 Pick #20 and Round 6 Pick #32
Panthers trade Round 6 Pick #5

NFL Draft
Round 2 Pick #20 - Zack Baun ILB/OLB Wisconsin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20ej7Ozdfv0

Round 2 Pick #30 - K.J. Hamler WR Penn State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8rTnKLZpoM

Round 3 Pick #39 - Jonah Jackson OL Ohio State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0nt-nl2CrA

Round 3 Pick #40 - Jonathan Greenard OLB Florida

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpktRUEvnfo

Round 4 Pick #20 - Devin Asiasi TE UCLA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgn1JYgWcRQ

Round 4 Pick #21 - Tyler Biadasz OL Wisconsin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA3FhbmEgyg

Round 4 Pick #37 - Julian Blackmon S Utah

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJGNN2tXBAY

Round 5 Pick #12 - Lamical Perine HB Florida

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGAlzJ0dRG0

Round 6 Pick #5 - David Woodward ILB Utah State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8zEb0TfhGI

Round 7 Pick #20 - Lavert Hill CB Michigan

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLC8OTKEZtw

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Darrell Henderson
WR: Josh Reynolds
WR: Robert Woods
WR: Cooper Kupp
TE: Tyler Higbee
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Bobby Evans
C: Austin Blythe
RG: David Edwards
RT: Rob Havenstein

SDE: Michael Brockers
NT: A'Shawn Robinson
UT: Aaron Donald
OLB: Samson Ebukam
ILB: Zach Baun
ILB: Micah Kiser
OLB: Leonard Floyd
LCB: Jalen Ramsey
RCB: Troy Hill
SLCB: David Long Jr.
FS: John Johnson III
SS: Taylor Rapp

K: Lirim the Leg
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide

If you want an explanation of any pick, I'm happy to explain, as I skipped the breakdowns due to time constraints. I'd also keep an eye on a potential Leonard Fournette trade today or on Saturday.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
With 19 pick before we pick I highly doubt Baun is there. I get the Hamlet pick because of speed but using a 2nd rounder on a WR seems like a waste. I thought the point that Snead was making is we can sacrifice our WRs by letting Cooks go so Rey olds moves up. This way we address higher priority needs.

Me I am using pick on Cushenberry he is just as good as Ruiz imo. LSU was voted the #1 OL in the FSB they almost exclusively played 5 with NO TE or Helaire blocking. That says volumes. Not to mention there super nasty schedule.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Hamler wouldn't be my favorite pick but I like the idea of adding a freakishly athletic play maker to a McVay offense. I have all the trust in the world in McVay though to put Hamler in a position to succeed at the NFL Level.

Didn't really pay much attention to the TE group this year, mid 4th is a bit rich for my blood, but I would like to hear your explanation for the Devin Asiasi pick.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
As promised, after watching the first round come and go, I will be putting out my final mock of 2020. My aim here isn't to guess which players the Rams will draft. Rather, I simply pick players I like who fit our scheme and our draft philosophy.

What up J3, what do you think about Josh Uche, EDGE, Michigan ?
(Hope you like the nickname.lol. If you don't dig it let me know.Bro
Just thought it sounded cool.)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
52. RB Jonathan Taylor
57. OT Ezra Cleveland

Stand, Pick and Deliver, Les.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What up J3, what do you think about Josh Uche, EDGE, Michigan ?
(Hope you like the nickname.lol. If you don't dig it let me know.Bro
Just thought it sounded cool.)

I want him on the Rams. I think he's a great EDGE pick for us in the 2nd or 3rd.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hamler wouldn't be my favorite pick but I like the idea of adding a freakishly athletic play maker to a McVay offense. I have all the trust in the world in McVay though to put Hamler in a position to succeed at the NFL Level.

Didn't really pay much attention to the TE group this year, mid 4th is a bit rich for my blood, but I would like to hear your explanation for the Devin Asiasi pick.

6'3" 260 with sure hands, impressive separation skills, and legitimate ability as a blocker. I've compared him to Alge Crumpler. Think he's a guy who will prove to be a quality inline blocker and a good possession receiver. Type of guy who can put up 50-60 catches for 600-700 yards and 5-7 TDs per year. I'm not drafting him because I think we need a TE that early. I'm drafting him because I think he's one of the best value picks on Day 3. Harrison Bryant from FAU is another I really like if he falls.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I like this draft. I'm just not a fan of Hamler. And, very excited to see Perine in the 5th. I would take him in the 4th.

A couple of questions regarding LBer's ; you are drafting (2) at ILB. Between Reeder, Kiser, Young and Howard, who gets cut and/or sent to the Practice squad?

Same question for OLB / Edge ; Between Carraway, Holland, Lawler, Polite, and Patrick..... who gets cut and/or etc

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cool draft. I often wonder how different things would have been for Tavon had he been able to grow in McVay's scheme, I know they had 2017 together, but he had 1 foot out the door because of the contract. That said, if the Rams pick Hamler, I'll be pretty excited at what they have in store

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like this draft. I'm just not a fan of Hamler. And, very excited to see Perine in the 5th. I would take him in the 4th.

A couple of questions regarding LBer's ; you are drafting (2) at ILB. Between Reeder, Kiser, Young and Howard, who gets cut and/or sent to the Practice squad?

Same question for OLB / Edge ; Between Carraway, Holland, Lawler, Polite, and Patrick..... who gets cut and/or etc

I expect Kiser to start if he's healthy. Howards seems like a special teams/subpackage type, so Reeder and Young will likely battle for a job. It's hard to tell on EDGE. Think Patrick and Polite are the two most likely to make the team.

Cool draft. I often wonder how different things would have been for Tavon had he been able to grow in McVay's scheme, I know they had 2017 together, but he had 1 foot out the door because of the contract. That said, if the Rams pick Hamler, I'll be pretty excited at what they have in store

Yeah, it's hard to say. Tavon just never really developed as a WR. I thought he could, but it seemed like he was a more natural HB. Hamler is a WR. If you watch some of his film, he's making some damn good CBs look bad at times. Shaun Wade, who might have been a first round pick had he come out this year, got absolutely roasted by Hamler in 2018. Hamler was giving him the business, but McSorley couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. He finally hit Hamler on a slant, and Hamler took it 90ish yards to the house.

Although, I am having second thoughts about this draft. Now, I'm thinking, "Well, damn, I want Matt Hennessy, Josh Uche, and Geno Stone too!"

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Hamler is a baller. 4th round pick was the price for moving up a few spots in the late 1st. Not sure we would get one to move back in the mid to late second.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, it's hard to say. Tavon just never really developed as a WR
Or his Fisher-led "development" held him back too far for a quick recovery. Either way I'm fully trusting whichever WR they decide on, if any at all. McVay knows what he likes and he sure hit on Woods, Kupp and IMO Cooks. Cooks without the concussion issue is still on the team. And credit where credit is due, you have knack for crushing on guys who end up being studs. Alshon and Kittle are 2 that come to mind

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
How does this draft change if Zack Baun isn't there? I've seen mocks that have him going at the top of the round.

BTW: Thanks for the great work @jrry32 !!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hamler is a baller. 4th round pick was the price for moving up a few spots in the late 1st. Not sure we would get one to move back in the mid to late second.

I'm just using the TVC. It's impossible to anticipate what somebody is willing to trade.

How does this draft change if Zack Baun isn't there? I've seen mocks that have him going at the top of the round.

BTW: Thanks for the great work @jrry32 !!!

It completely changes the draft. Maybe we go HB. Maybe we go WR. Maybe we go OL. Maybe we go Josh Uche. But the draft is totally different if Baun isn't there.