Jrry32 Super F'ing Champs Mock Off-Season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I held off until after the Super Bowl. Now, it's time to jump into the off-season as SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS! Let's repeat!
Retire
LT Andrew Whitworth

Extend
QB Matthew Stafford

Restructure
OLB Leonard Floyd
CB Jalen Ramsey
WR Cooper Kupp

Resign
LT Joe Noteboom
OLB Von Miller
WR Odell Beckham Jr.
C Brian Allen
ILB Travin Howard
K Matt Gay
ILB Troy Reeder
QB John Wolford (ERFA)
WR/RS Brandon Powell

Darious Williams and Austin Corbett get offers we can't match. Sony Michel, SJD, and Okoronkwo are also rewarded with solid FA offers that we choose not to match. We bring back Von Miller and OBJ for another go. We should be able to get OBJ on an incentive-heavy one-year deal because of his injury.

Free Agency
OG Rodger Saffold

If the Titans cut him, Rodger might be willing to take a discount to return to the Rams and compete for a Super Bowl. He's nearing the end of his career and doesn't have a ring. He would make up for Corbett leaving. Another name to watch is ILB Jordan Hicks. The Cardinals seem likely to release him to clear a path for first round ILB Zaven Collins to start.

Trades
Rams trade Round 6 Pick #35
Raiders trade CB Amik Robertson and 2023 Round 7 Pick

Robertson fell out of favor in Oakland. With Mayock and Gruden now gone, I'm thinking the Raiders will be even more willing to part ways with him. I liked him a lot as a prospect. He's undersized, but he's physical and sticky in coverage. I'd give him a shot here.

Rams trade Round 3 Pick #40
Ravens trade Round 4 Pick #14 and Round 4 Pick #38

Rams trade out of the last pick on Day 2 to add an extra pick in the 4th round.

Rams trade Round 4 Pick #39 and 6 Pick #32
Falcons trade Round 5 Pick #8 and 6 Pick #11

Rams trade down with the Falcons.

NFL Draft
Round 4 Pick #14 - Brian Asamoah ILB Oklahoma

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwxxiknfflI

Analysis: Our biggest weakness over the past couple years on defense has been a lack of range and cover skills at ILB. Brian Asamoah is an immediate solution to that problem. At 6'0" 222, Asamoah is a tad undersized, but he fits well with where the modern game is going. He's a speedy, twitched-up athlete who excels in both zone and man coverage. He also possesses the range to play sideline to sideline. He's a violent hitter who will bring the boom. On the negative side, he is quite bad at getting off blocks and can flow too hard, opening up to him being burned by misdirection.

Round 4 Pick #38 - Jelani Woods TE Virginia

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsBN2se6mag

Analysis: At 6'7" 260, Jelani Woods is an absolutely massive man. He spent most of his career as a blocking TE at Oklahoma State, transferring to UVA in his final year. UVA unleashed him as a weapon, and he responded with 44 catches for 598 yards and 8 TDs. Possessing surprising speed and fluidity for such a big man and a punishing running style, Woods proved to be a major threat in the intermediate and deep ranges. But he was especially effective in the red zone due to his massive frame and impressive body control. He's a leggy athlete, which limits his suddenness, and he needs a lot of technical refinement, but he has the size, physicality, and strength to block in line with the athleticism to be a legitimate threat in the passing game.

Round 5 Pick #8 - Luke Fortner OL Kentucky

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTqU1SQ1tgk

Analysis: Fortner was Mr. Reliable for Kentucky. He started at Guard for two years there before sliding inside to Center in his final year. At the NFL level, his game translates best to Center, but he's a great fit for what the Rams like in their OLs. He's intelligent, mobile, and very savvy. At 6'4" 302, he's not an overpowering guy in the running game. He wins with angles, agility, and technically sound play. His anchor in pass pro is decent, but he can get pushed back by extremely strong NTs. Fortner also needs to be more consistent with his hand placement, as he tends to catch instead of punch and fires too wide with his hands. All in all, he's an experienced, smart OL who can play all three interior positions and spent the 2021 season playing for McVay protégé Liam Coen.

Round 5 Pick #32 - E.J. Perry QB Brown

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcP9mTsb2Q8

Analysis: Perry is a very intriguing developmental QB who popped onto my radar with a great performance at the East-West Shrine Game. He won Offensive Player of the Game despite playing on the losing squad, falling just short after rallying his team from down 20+. What makes Perry so intriguing is his physical talent. At 6'2" 212, Perry has a good arm and very good mobility. He's quick and elusive in the pocket with what appears to be 4.6ish wheels. He also has the arm strength to make all the necessary throws and the accuracy to thread the needle. His biggest weakness is decision making. He is too courageous when it comes to challenging tight windows and sometimes misses LBs dropping under routes. That all said, this Ivy League QB offers a lot of upside.

Round 6 Pick #11 - Jack Jones CB Arizona State

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJWBcw7JEtY

Analysis: In terms of pure talent, Jack Jones is arguably a 3rd round pick. He's undersized at 5'10" 175, but he is an outstanding athlete who has put a lot of great football on film. The problem with him is that he's an older prospect (already 24) who has character concerns (booted from USC back in 2018 due to academic issues and a burglary arrest). Jones started early in his career at USC and flashed major cover skills. At Arizona State, he only built on that over the past two years. He has quick feet, the speed to run with WRs deep, loose hips, and good ball skills. Jones is a natural at mirroring WRs. He's also a willing tackler, despite his lack of size and strength. He offers a skillset that's a lot like Darious Williams's. He's a sticky cover man who might struggle with big, strong WRs. But he's a great value in the 6th round if he stays out of trouble.

Round 6 Pick #33 - Trestan Ebner HB/RS Baylor

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzsXKFUuIHM

Analysis: Ebner is a very intriguing HB prospect. He feels like the sort of guy who will produce out of nowhere after being drafted by Kyle Shanahan. Ebner was the 1B HB to Abram Smith at Baylor this year. But where Ebner really shines is his versatility. He's dynamic in the return game (3 KR TDs over the past 2 years), he's an outstanding pass catcher at all levels of the defense, and he has burner speed. As a runner, Ebner isn't a guy who will grind out yardage between the tackles. He looks most comfortable in the outside zone, using his speed and quick cuts to threaten defenses. His versatility would serve him well here. He offers explosiveness in the return game, and I have no doubt McVay can find ways to use his receiving skills and explosiveness on offense.

Round 7 Pick #17 - Clint Ratkovich FB/TE/HB Northern Illinois

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqPfesUtMmE

Analysis: This is one McVay should consider if he wants to embrace some of what Kyle Shanahan is doing. Ratkovich has some similarities to Kyle Juszcyzk. He's a guy who can operate as a HB, FB, or TE. At 6'1" 231, he's a physical lead blocker, but he's also a solid runner and a gifted receiver. He's capable of playing a H-Back role as a move TE of sorts. He's capable of lead blocking. He's also capable of lining up at HB and grinding out yardage (or playing on 3rd downs as a blocker and reliable receiver). He's basically an offensive weapon. In addition to his versatility on offense, Ratkovich is a guy who will contribute a lot on special teams.

Round 7 Pick #32 - Juanyeh Thomas S Georgia Tech

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8CDgG4ElOs

Analysis: Juanyeh Thomas is another guy who popped onto my radar at the East-West Shrine Game. He impressed me with his physicality in the box and reliable tackling on defense. He also looked good on special teams. Georgia Tech used him mostly as a single-high safety, and that's not where he fits in the NFL. He doesn't have the range to play that position, and his angles were poor. He looks much more comfortable in the box and playing as a split safety. He is going to need to improve his angles in the NFL, as he tends to overestimate his speed (he's a good but not great athlete). But he's a physical guy who tackles well on defense and has the athleticism to play in this scheme. But like all late round picks, he should contribute well on special teams.

Project Starters
QB: Matthew Stafford
HB: Cam Akers
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Robert Woods
WR: Odell Beckham Jr.
TE: Tyler Higbee
LT: Joe Noteboom
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: Brian Allen
RG: David Edwards
RT: Rob Havenstein

DE: A'Shawn Robinson
NT: Greg Gaines
DE: Aaron Donald
OLB: Leonard Floyd
ILB: Ernest Jones
ILB: Travin Howard
OLB: Von Miller
CB: Jalen Ramsey
CB: Robert Rochell
CB: David Long Jr.
S: Jordan Fuller
S: Nick Scott

K: Matt Gay
P: Johnny Hekker (but he'll have competition)
LS: Matt Orzech
RS: Brandon Powell vs. Trestan Ebner

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sign me up! Love the Robertson trade it makes too much sense not to happen. I've been on the add to our secondary for a couple of years now and won't change this year. Not sure McVay adds the FB, every off season we see people talk about adding one and he never does, but it could help with the running game. TE is something I don't see people have us drafting but think could be a pick, So many injuries at the position and a couple guys approaching the end of their contracts.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sign me up! Love the Robertson trade it makes too much sense not to happen. I've been on the add to our secondary for a couple of years now and won't change this year. Not sure McVay adds the FB, every off season we see people talk about adding one and he never does, but it could help with the running game. TE is something I don't see people have us drafting but think could be a pick, So many injuries at the position and a couple guys approaching the end of their contracts.
Probably not. But I have to wonder if he might be swayed a bit by Ratkovich's versatility. He's a guy who could get TE, HB, and FB snaps.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sign me the hell up for an Amik Robertson trade! He was a seriously productive collegiate athlete, and was heavily misused in the Raiders organization.

Also like the Fortner pick; Kentucky has pumped out some really good offensive linemen over the years.

Not a huge fan of Jack Jones. His character will need to be seriously vetted, and I think he doesn't fill anything that Amik Robertson doesn't. I do agree with taking another corner after the trade, but I'm not a fan of the player you picked.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This would be a welcomed off season, love the idea of bringing Saffold back at RG and the draft picks too. Give me an IVY League QB to develop because we know besides Perry's athletic ability, from the neck up, he should be able to pick up McVay's offense.

Also agree that if Liam Coen is coming back as Offensive Coordinator, I can definitely see the Rams drafting Luke Fortner. Very Reliable and versatile, one can surmise he would be the RG in waiting and provide excellent depth.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sign me the hell up for an Amik Robertson trade! He was a seriously productive collegiate athlete, and was heavily misused in the Raiders organization.

Also like the Fortner pick; Kentucky has pumped out some really good offensive linemen over the years.

Not a huge fan of Jack Jones. His character will need to be seriously vetted, and I think he doesn't fill anything that Amik Robertson doesn't. I do agree with taking another corner after the trade, but I'm not a fan of the player you picked.
I just want cover skills. Big guys with cover skills don't usually drop to the 6th round lol. Hell, little guys with Jones's athleticism and cover skills often go before the 6th round. He's a sticky dude in coverage.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Just from this highlight film, not totally sure about Asamoah -- Big12(?) football is about the spread, and he looks like a terrific athlete in space against a spread O. But, if he has trouble shedding blocks, how is he going to hold up against SF's run game? Probably will be great against TE's like Kittle tho.
He looks definitely bigger than a hybrid S/LB, something I wish we never experimented with.

jjab360

Legend
I think we can all agree @jrry32 is practically living in Snead's brain at this point.

Love this offseason, bringing Saffold back home where he belongs to be the veteran presence after Whit retires. Some exciting draft picks as well, it's insane how most of our mid round draft picks under Snead turn out much better players than our past 1st round picks under other FOs.

Jelani Woods is a guy I'll be on the lookout for now. Massive guy, willing blocker, natural hands catcher. Likely a no.2 TE, but is a guy that could make an impact.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just from this highlight film, not totally sure about Asamoah -- Big12(?) football is about the spread, and he looks like a terrific athlete in space against a spread O. But, if he has trouble shedding blocks, how is he going to hold up against SF's run game? Probably will be great against TE's like Kittle tho.
He looks definitely bigger than a hybrid S/LB, something I wish we never experimented with.
When you're not picking in the first couple rounds, you have to choose from guys who have flaws. The key with Asamoah is keeping him clean and letting him play a chase role. Ernest Jones is a good guy to pair him with because Jones is bigger and more adept at playing downhill. We need speed and range at LB. The 49ers torched us by attacking Reeder. His lack of range and cover skills were two big reasons why they were so successful at it.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Just watched the Jelani Woods tape, very nice pick as well. Got as far as his sideline jump ball catch, that told me enough. Assuming he blocks well also, seeing he xfered out of OK where he was a blocking TE? Would fit the 'Gronk' mold well. Would be a nice upgrade in our TE room, since we already have a couple nice players there already.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just watched the Jelani Woods tape, very nice pick as well. Got as far as his sideline jump ball catch, that told me enough. Assuming he blocks well also, seeing he xfered out of OK where he was a blocking TE? Would fit the 'Gronk' mold well. Would be a nice upgrade in our TE room, since we already have a couple nice players there already.
He has the tools to block well. There are some technical flaws to iron out.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I really love the idea of Saffold back at LG and sliding Edwards over.

I sure hope Noteboom can hold up. He looks like our best option atm.

Wow. A 6'7 TE. That's massive.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna toot my own horn, E.J. Perry had an official 40 time of a 4.65.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I got to tell you the Jelani Woods guy is a beast. I follow the Virginia Cavalier quite a bit and he is the real deal, raw but real. PFF mocks him to us also.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I love playing with The Draft Network mock simulator.. I went on the manual settings with their predictive setting.. Here's the latest one.. and I'd be THRILLED by this draft, lol.

• 104.​

Los Angeles Rams
    Myjai Sanders
    EDGE, Cincinnati
  • 142.​

Los Angeles Rams
    Tyrese Robinson
    IOL, Oklahoma
  • 175.​

Los Angeles Rams
    Matt Araiza
    P, San Diego State