Josh Reynolds has been rehabbing a torn labrum he suffered in the playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN

May 21, 2018 | By:Jake Ellenbogen
227364_8a223487ab6a4316ad0486e872f93443~mv2_d_2960_1910_s_2.webp

According to Joe Curley, Rams second-year wideout Josh Reynolds has been rehabbing an injury he suffered in the Rams last game of the 2017-18 season that came in the playoffs against the Atlanta Falcons.

Josh Reynolds was stuck as the team's number four wideout last season due to the team having rookie star Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and trade acquisition Sammy Watkins. This year he looks at the same scenario with a new trade acquisition in star WR Brandin Cooks. This injury is a shame as it came at the end of the fourth quarter in the Rams playoff loss but like Reynolds said to Joe, he has had the opportunity to start the grind and get focused on football earlier than most players in the league. Reynolds is expected to be a key contributing role player on special teams and in the Rams offense.

The team drafted Reynolds in the fourth round of the 2017 NFL Draft and while he looks at just the fourth spot on the roster, it does not mean he will get starved in an offense that was one of the best last year and likely only improved this offseason. The Reynolds rehabbing does open the door for third-year WR Mike Thomas to finally come into his own, Pro Bowl PR/KR Pharoh Cooper who has been used sparingly on offense but a ton as a special teamer and other receivers such as UDFA's LaQuvionte Gonzalez, Steven Mitchell, Ricky Jeune among others.

With this injury, it's a serious thing and will be something to keep an eye on and monitor not just this season but with Reynolds moving forward as he already he tore the opposite shoulder's labrum during his time at Texas A&M.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I dont remember reading anything about this.

All of sudden all the injuries popping up and we're just getting started. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Barron and now Reynolds...Rams were fortunate last year not off to a good start this season.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
All of sudden all the injuries popping up and we're just getting started. Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Barron and now Reynolds...Rams were fortunate last year not off to a good start this season.
Reynolds is fine now, that's why he took part in OTAs.
Barron not being ready to training camp was expected, better to be safe than sorry.
Obo, yes this is new.
But let's not be making this so called injury bug to being bigger than it actually is.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Never good, but now is better than later, because we can prepare other guys to be ready. We can also use it as a coaching point, like be ready, and take care of your body, etc. Probably the best thing I can say about it.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

May 21, 2018 | By:Jake Ellenbogen
227364_8a223487ab6a4316ad0486e872f93443~mv2_d_2960_1910_s_2.webp

According to Joe Curley, Rams second-year wideout Josh Reynolds has been rehabbing an injury he suffered in the Rams last game of the 2017-18 season that came in the playoffs against the Atlanta Falcons.

Josh Reynolds was stuck as the team's number four wideout last season due to the team having rookie star Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and trade acquisition Sammy Watkins. This year he looks at the same scenario with a new trade acquisition in star WR Brandin Cooks. This injury is a shame as it came at the end of the fourth quarter in the Rams playoff loss but like Reynolds said to Joe, he has had the opportunity to start the grind and get focused on football earlier than most players in the league. Reynolds is expected to be a key contributing role player on special teams and in the Rams offense.

The team drafted Reynolds in the fourth round of the 2017 NFL Draft and while he looks at just the fourth spot on the roster, it does not mean he will get starved in an offense that was one of the best last year and likely only improved this offseason. The Reynolds rehabbing does open the door for third-year WR Mike Thomas to finally come into his own, Pro Bowl PR/KR Pharoh Cooper who has been used sparingly on offense but a ton as a special teamer and other receivers such as UDFA's LaQuvionte Gonzalez, Steven Mitchell, Ricky Jeune among others.

With this injury, it's a serious thing and will be something to keep an eye on and monitor not just this season but with Reynolds moving forward as he already he tore the opposite shoulder's labrum during his time at Texas A&M.

Thought a labrum was a surgical repair?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aren't omissions concerning Reynolds and Barron after this long, bordering on lies?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Thought a labrum was a surgical repair?
He probably got surgery and he's been rehabbing it back to full strength. I tore my labrum in my left shoulder about 6 years ago. Did the surgery and went to rehab. But I re injured it and it hasn't been the same since. Ligaments can be tricky. I also didn't have an NFL staff helping me out.

Psycho_X

Legend
Aren't omissions concerning Reynolds and Barron after this long, bordering on lies?

If you mean per NFL rules I don't think a team has to disclose any injuries until the week of a game. So after the last game of the season they don't have to tell anyone if they don't want to.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you mean per NFL rules I don't think a team has to disclose any injuries until the week of a game. So after the last game of the season they don't have to tell anyone if they don't want to.
No, not according to NFL rules. I'm talking about fans assessing chances for the team, find that they were deceived (via omission) by the team for months. I'm just saying I don't like it.

Psycho_X

Legend
No, not according to NFL rules. I'm talking about fans assessing chances for the team, find that they were deceived (via omission) by the team for months. I'm just saying I don't like it.

Oh, eh I guess. If the first day of OTAs started and we were told Todd Gurley tore his ACL on the last play of the Atlanta game and no one knew I would be pretty upset I guess. But Reynolds and Barron seem like they're fine now with Barron probably just being shelved until camp due to precautionary veteran status. And it seems like both we already knew about anyway. I know it was known Barron was having some surgeries in the offseason around the same time Kayvon Webster was. And it seems like I remember them saying Reynolds hurt his shoulder after the Falcons game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And yet Reynolds is reported to have played yesterday and caught passes in 7 on 7 from Goff. Not sure what they're lying about.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And yet Reynolds is reported to have played yesterday and caught passes in 7 on 7 from Goff. Not sure what they're lying about.
I didn't know he played...So why mention it all if nothings wrong now?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't know he played...So why mention it all if nothings wrong now?
They mentioned multiple players had off season surgeries or injuries and they’re bringing them along slowly. The only exception is Obo who they said would be ready by camp.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Reynolds is fine now, that's why he took part in OTAs.
Barron not being ready to training camp was expected, better to be safe than sorry.
Obo, yes this is new.
But let's not be making this so called injury bug to being bigger than it actually is.
I think Obo being out is a big deal. Hes a rookie that needs all the reps he can get.
I'm not as concerned about Barron or Reynolds.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I think Obo being out is a big deal. Hes a rookie that needs all the reps he can get.
I'm not as concerned about Barron or Reynolds.
I agree that Obo being injured is a big deal. The point I was making is, let's not bunch in Barron's and Reynold's injuries into the fray, as Barron's injury was known about even before last season ended, knowing he was going to have surgery, and that it was a six month recovery. And Reynolds injury is healed to the point of him being able to be a full participate in yesterday's OTAs and in all the other off season conditioning activities, so it's a non-issue.
But like you I too am concerned about Okoronkwo.