Jon Gruden on Carson Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
pay the ransom Snead & Fisher

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
So, basically, Gruden said about what he says every year, about a couple of players.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
So, basically, Gruden said about what he says every year, about a couple of players.

Is there actually a QB or two he doesnt like lol? The guy thinks everybody is awesome, Gruden was the guy who wrote the lego movie song.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Is there actually a QB or two he doesnt like lol? The guy thinks everybody is awesome, Gruden was the guy who wrote the lego movie song.

Seems Gruden is easily wooed by a QB with a good personality. Or maybe he just can't bring himself to see any negative in anyone.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You just gotta read between the lines on Gruden. He sugar coats it, but the judgment is there IMO.

Dude is way high on Wentz though, and he should be. I'm sure he'll feel the same way with Goff.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember when Gruden was extremely complimentary of Jimmy Clausen too...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Carson Wentz shows Jon Gruden a complex passing route from North Dakota State’s playbook — complete with nods to your favorite comic book heroes. (1:30)

Watch Wentz in the Film Room

You could feel the tent in Gruden's khakis under the table when Wentz started going into the variables and how they were named and how Wentz was so at ease with them (Gruden is such a football language geek that the Wentz interview had to be the highlight of his day).

Frankly, everything I keep seeing about this kid makes me want to get a mortgage for him. This kid is a more athletic Roethlisberger without the rapiness... I really hope we're laying in the weeds to trade up to #1 for this kid...

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
My favorite qb prospect to come out since luck, this kid will excel.

PLEASE get this done Rams!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My favorite qb prospect to come out since luck, this kid will excel.

PLEASE get this done Rams!!
Me too. It's kind of funny because when @jrry32 had brought him up, I had no idea who he was. At first I was unimpressed by his stats, but after watching tape, he really is impressive. That said, what has me completely sold on him is how his composure has held up when he played in the Senior Bowl, and the combine. Where the big stage can unravel other players, he didn't seem phased at all, seems ready for what the NFL can throw at him

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Dude is tearing up his pro-day....plus is a 3.9 GPA in Mech Engineering....Calls his own protections....humble...tough...I'm giving Tenn. whatever they want for #1

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard Maycock on NFLN talking with Wentz this morning. Maycock purposefully attributed a certain play that happened in a different game, and Wentz eyed looked him in the eye and corrected Maycock about which game/team/playcall he made and why......I don't even care if we give the RG3 ransom for him, What good is next years first rounder if its another #15-20 pick in regard to the most important player on the field for 10 plus years (hopefully)? Lets just do this thing, Snead!