Jon Gruden: My brother’s in the middle of a mess in Washington

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/

Jon Gruden: My brother’s in the middle of a mess in Washington

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 11, 2014, 9:58 AM EST
c9c4e0ebdb7d719dac6cce245c658ab6.jpeg
AP
Washington coach Jay Gruden isn’t saying so publicly, but privately he has, according to multiple reports, decided that he simply can’t work with quarterback Robert Griffin IIIanymore.

Now former coach and current ESPN analyst Jon Gruden is hinting that his brother has told him that as well. Gruden said on Mike & Mikethat his brother is in a bad situation.

“The Redskins aren’t there yet, and they need to find, A, who their quarterback is, and, B, they need to find a nucleus of players they can win with, and all that combined has made a mess in Washington, and you’re right, unfortunately my brother’s in the middle of it, and I wish him luck,” Jon Gruden said.

Asked what would happen if owner Dan Snyder and G.M. Bruce Allen tell Jay Gruden that he’s stuck with Griffin, Jon Gruden answered, “Well, you probably look for a new job at some point if the quarterback doesn’t perform in your offense or for your team. I mean, that’s the reality of it. If you don’t get the quarterback playing well you’re going to have a hard time surviving in pro football.”

Jon Gruden says Washington is the only team in the NFC East that doesn’t have a franchise quarterback in place.

“The bottom line is whether it’s griffin or Billy Kilmer or whoever, they better find a quarterback in Washington because they have one in Dallas, and they have one in Philadelphia and Eli Manning is pretty good in New York,” Jon Gruden said.

Jon Gruden didn’t say that Jay Gruden had told him anything about the team’s quarterback situation, but it seems awfully unlikely that Jon would be saying these things if Jay hadn’t told him negative things about Griffin. For all the “unnamed sources” who are making claims about what’s going on behind the scenes in Washington, there’s no one who’s speaking publicly who’s in a better position to know what Jay Gruden is thinking than Jon Gruden. And Jon Gruden says Jay is in the middle of a mess.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
on Gruden says Washington is the only team in the NFC East that doesn’t have a franchise quarterback in place.
My oh my ... how times have changed.
I remember him being in the booth with Jaworski during a Rams game saying if he were the Rams' head coach, he'd do back-flips all the way to Waco to get RGIII.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd take Gruden as OC, any OC that can take an Andy Dalton QBed team to a top 10 O must know something.

jjab360

Legend
My oh my ... how times have changed.
I remember him being in the booth with Jaworski during a Rams game saying if he were the Rams' head coach, he'd do back-flips all the way to Waco to get RGIII.
I remember that. I think that's when I first started to realize what a tool Gruden was.

rams2050

Starter
Well, he probably meant the pre-injury RGIII, in his defense. And that QB was pretty special. . .

Not so any longer, however.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, he probably meant the pre-injury RGIII, in his defense. And that QB was pretty special. . .

Sure he did. Just goes to show, though... everyone looks great in College.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Injuries may have a part in his not being able to run, but he apparantly can't read defenses, does not go throw progressions, more of a 1 read and then take off guy. But, without his legs, RG3 is not an NFL QB at this point. He was great as rookie because of his speed. And that Redskins team was pretty fortunate. They fumbled 26 times and lost only 6. That's amazing. I would think average is about 50%. Opposing teams fumbled 17 times and Skins covered 10. So, of all the 43 balls on the ground it went the Skins way 30 times. That makes a differncein the close games they had. By contrast in Rams games there were 41 free balls and we covered 20 of them, which is what you'd expect.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

How come most people in this forum knew he was a one trick pony? Same as krapqb.

Media analysts just like to talk shit.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
A lot of people were wrong ,or appear to HAVE BEEN wrong about RG, I confess I was one

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I really didn't care if RGIII was successful I just wanted him to fail miserably for two years and he did for one so that worked out nice.

What's nice going forward is after the Redskins fire Jay Gruden don't look for them to be on Monday Night football in the near future...Art Briles will be the next Head Coach of the Washington Redskins!