Christian Hackenberg from Jets to Raiders to Eagles and finally cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Hes got prototypical size !

Gosh I love nfl scouts , either you can or cannot play...that's all that matters

Psycho_X

Legend
Hes got prototypical size !

Gosh I love nfl scouts , either you can or cannot play...that's all that matters

giphy.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://nypost.com/2018/06/14/no-one-wants-christian-hackenberg/

No one wants Christian Hackenberg
By Ethan Sears

ha.jpg

Bill Kostroun/New York Post

Christian Hackenberg is unclaimed, unwanted and, possibly, done for good.

Just a few weeks after the Jets officially gave up on the former second-round pick, trading him to Oakland for a conditional seventh-rounder, the Raiders cut baitWednesday. Now, Hackenberg has moved through waivers unclaimed. The only notable thing he did in the silver and black was throw a pick-six during OTAs.

Oakland moved on from Hackenberg so early that it won’t even have to give up the conditional pick. Coach Jon Gruden had loved Hackenberg before the draft, and even he appears to have soured on him.

According to ESPN, Hackenberg visited the Patriots Thursday afternoon, but with Brian Hoyer and Danny Etling — a seventh-round pick in the most recent draft — currently backing up Tom Brady, making the roster would likely be a long shot should New England sign Hackenberg.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...mes-nfl-cba-qb-christian-hackenberg-struggles

Raiders' Jon Gruden blames CBA for QB Christian Hackenberg's struggles
Mike Sando

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Christian Hackenberg's release from the Oakland Raiders just three weeks after the team acquired him was more an indictment of the NFL system than it was of the third-year quarterback, coach Jon Gruden said Thursday.

"Everybody is an expert out there on Hackenberg and thinks he can't play," Gruden said as the Raiders wrapped up a three-day mandatory minicamp. "It's unfortunate, this whole collective [bargaining agreement]. How do you develop a quarterback? I don't know how you do it."

i

Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

The 2011 labor agreement brought reductions to the frequency and intensity of offseason practices. Gruden, five months into his second stint as the Raiders' head coach after nine seasons away from coaching, has been a frequent critic of the work restrictions.

"[Hackenberg] has been working on changing his stroke, his passing motion, and I think he did that," Gruden said. "We just didn't have enough reps to take a good look at him. Since we were further along the road with some of our other guys, we didn't have the space."

The Raiders had acquired Hackenberg from the New York Jets last month for a conditional 2019 seventh-round draft choice. They released him to help make room on the roster for newly signed defensive linemen Frostee Rucker and Ahtyba Rubin. They needed help on their defensive line more than they needed -- or could use -- a fourth quarterback behind Derek Carr, Connor Cook and E.J. Manuel.

"It is hard enough to get Connor Cook enough reps, let alone a fourth guy," Gruden said. "It really depresses me how we can't spend more time with these young quarterbacks, and it is really going to be an impactful situation on the NFL in the future."

Hackenberg, a 2016 second-round choice of the Jets who has yet to attempt a pass in a regular-season game, was in Foxboro on Thursday visiting with the New England Patriots, league sources told ESPN's Field Yates.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most of his issues as a passer are things that should have been worked on in college. Then he should have joined Goff and spent time in the off season with Tom House.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
As a PSU fan I’ll always have a soft spot for him for his important role in helping turn the program around after everything but I feel like the talent just isn’t there. Hopefully he can find a way to turn it around though. Wish him the best

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ristian-hackenberg-eagles-20180812-story.html

Quarterback Christian Hackenberg has found another new home.

The 2016 Jets second-round pick, who has never played an NFL game, was signed by the Eagles, according to multiple reports Sunday. He was cut by the Raiders in June three weeks after Gang Green traded him to Oakland for a conditional seventh-round pick.

Hackenberg, who was fourth on Oakland's depth chart, joins a Philly team that already has four quarterbacks on its roster: Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Nate Sudfeld and Joe Callahan. But the move is "not a reflection on the health" of Wentz or Foles and is just an opportunity to develop another signal-caller with talent, according to NFL Network.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW Hackenberg is awful and I will never understand why anybody thinks differently. He sucked at Penn State, he had an okay freshman year and lived off the fact he had a big arm, but he sucks. Again, he's awful, the Jets really blew because nobody actually watched him play. BTW the Jets would not even run him onto the field, well, because Hackenberg is awful.

Mannion is better than Hackenberg, so is Brandon Allen, hell so is Gracie Allen!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Slackenberg. Slowprocessingberg. Dude won't do anything in this league without a major speed-up in his processing ability, which typically isn't something you see dudes massively upgrade while going against a bigger and faster level of competition.

Yup, the NFL is not the place to finally learn how to read/diagnose defenses quickly.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
But the move is "not a reflection on the health" of Wentz or Foles and is just an opportunity to develop another signal-caller with talent, according to NFL Network.
Let me me get this straight. They're developing another signal caller with talent, but they're not developing him for themselves? That is so nice of them to develop talent for another team.
In other words NFL Network is full of crap.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Then he should have joined Goff and spent time in the off season with Tom House.

If Doug Pederson can make Christian Blaize Hackenberg an NFL caliber QB, then all of us should just hand the Eagles the Lombardi Trophy until he retires as Head Coach. Pederson was able to make water into wine with Foles, but I'm sure the future for Hackenberg will be protecting high quality H2O.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
If Gruden can't do anything with Hack than nobody can.
If it was up to Gruden, he'd have QBs play every position, lol
Peterson will just keep one of the three from the bottom.
He'll keep Foles as long as possible but won't last for long, maybe till the end of this season.

Psycho_X

Legend
Just to note, Hackenberg had 2 interceptions and a fumble last night against the Jets scrubs. 16.9 QBR. Hate to say someone should be unemployed but it's time.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Cut by Eagles per Matt Lombardo of NJ.com.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
As a PSU fan I’ll always have a soft spot for him for his important role in helping turn the program around after everything but I feel like the talent just isn’t there. Hopefully he can find a way to turn it around though. Wish him the best
Hackenberg's career is like an evil science experiment. Let's put a kid in an NFL style offense as a freshman and see what happens against Big 10 defenses. OK. He did surprisingly well with that. Let's put him in a spread offense and replace his offensive line with freshmen. No, that's too easy. Let's replace his offensive line with defensive linemen. I'm sure Joey Bosa will get a laugh out of this!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn, why is there 3 pages on Hackenburg? lol...I was expecting something juicy, instead of journey through several NFL teams, on his BUST tour...

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup, the NFL is not the place to finally learn how to read/diagnose defenses quickly.
He's the guy, showing up for the band audition, practicing scales and still hitting the wrong notes. Yikes!