Christian Hackenberg from Jets to Raiders to Eagles and finally cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Meh. Johnson was Tampa’s Trent Dilfer. Tampa won that SB by picking off Gannon continually who BTW was having his best season ever after Gruden left.

Gruden took an already built roster to the SB with Tampa then coached the team to mediocrity until he was run out of town.

Like I said, I’m just not ready to anoint Gruden the next great coaching hire.

It really didn't help the Raiders that they didn't even change their language on offense, so the D knew what every check meant. They knew the formations.

I'm only surprised it wasn't a bigger blowout. I mean, the D had intimate knowledge of the opposing offense because they had the HC for that offense as their HC.

Weirdest thing I ever saw in football.

They don't even change the checks???

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
By that same logic, didn't his replacement in Oakland take an already built up roster (by Gruden) to the super bowl, not win, and then coach them to mediocrity? If memory serves, they started sucking shortly after that too.
Yep. And I never said Callahan was a great coach either.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It really didn't help the Raiders that they didn't even change their language on offense, so the D knew what every check meant. They knew the formations.

I'm only surprised it wasn't a bigger blowout. I mean, the D had intimate knowledge of the opposing offense because they had the HC for that offense as their HC.

Weirdest thing I ever saw in football.

They don't even change the checks???
Hadn’t heard that before. So - yeah, if true, that’s some real brilliance right there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...otaged-oakland-raiders-super-bowl-xxxvii-loss

Gannon said he believes the fact that the Raiders didn't change the verbiage on offensive calls that Gruden installed for the team big factor in Oakland's loss.

"So much of our verbiage and terminology was a carryover from what Jon Gruden had installed in terms of our run checks, and so we were calling certain plays and guys like Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks were calling out the runs. So it kind of took us out of our no-huddle plan at the line of scrimmage," Gannon said in the interview.

Crazy, right?

I didn't even get into Callahan completely changing the offensive game plan from a run-heavy setup to a pass-heavy game plan less than 36 hours before kickoff.

But yeah, it's true. That had to be pretty disheartening to be in the 1st quarter and realize that none of your run checks were gonna work...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By that same logic, didn't his replacement in Oakland take an already built up roster (by Gruden) to the super bowl, not win, and then coach them to mediocrity? If memory serves, they started sucking shortly after that too.

I think there was a major falling out between the coach and players.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Raiders had to give bag of chips back to the Jets.

Name
George
Well that lasted long.
Hackenberg was hired to be the practice QB only for when the defense was working on their Double A-Gap scheme.

Hackenberg got cut because he would audible a bootleg every time.

Seriously though, the team needed roster space after they picked up a couple of jelly/run stuffers for short yardage and goal line situations.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
That's the @LAChamp kiss of death...:rolllaugh:

(Just messin' with ya champ)

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
did he say he was a good qb that could make all the throws?

Why yes, yes he did.

And in the spirit of piling on, there are some who fail to recognize the importance, (nay the absolutely imperative prerequisite), that a QB be mentally tough.

Like our young Mr. Goff.

Even if he doesn’t know where the sun sets.

(Where have I heard that before?)

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yea, he probably won’t get another chance. Maybe if the jets are QB hungry at some point and need depth this year.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I was all in at first, enamored by his arm talent. As time passed and he suffered from a coaching change I saw a guy with poor pocket awareness who forced throws if he got rid of the ball at all before being sacked. His fundamentals regressed it was as if Bill was his muse.

Psycho_X

Legend
Wait, couldn’t the Rams use a camp arm?
:hiding:

giphy.gif