Jersey Count Down! #79

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here we go again, at #79 ( a weak # compared to others, so far!) DE/DT - Coy Bacon:

Bacon4.jpg
Bacon1.jpg
Bacon3.jpg
1%20Coy%20Bacon,%20Rams(b).jpg
coy_bacon_1969_09_21.jpg
coy_bacon_1969_11_30.jpg

donny_anderson_1971_10_24&Bacon.jpg

Here he's helping Deacon get after Donny Anderson!

And then we have, OT - Charlie Bradshaw:

Charlie_Bradshaw.jpg

And here's DT/DE - Mike Fanning:

mike_fanning_1979_09_23.jpg

mike_fanning_1980_10_01.jpg

And DT - Ryan Pickett:

Pickett2.jpg
Pickett1.jpg

Next up, and My Final #79 - OG/OT - Leo Goeas:

Goeas.jpg
Leo-Goeas.jpg
los-angeles-rams-mike-fanning-374-topps-1982-nfl-american-football-card-60551-p.jpg

I know this isn't my most exciting list so far, But I'm Trying!:)
So Show me up now, what do you have to add! Comments!?!

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Dang, the only one I had for no.79 was Robinson. At least tomorrow we've got a hall of famer.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dang, the only one I had for no.79 was Robinson. At least tomorrow we've got a hall of famer.
You mean the Man that should have worn an "S" on his chest!! ( Don't tell anyone who he is yet!!(y):D:shades::snicker:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
THANKS!! for keeping the Secret!!

I would never mention that Hall of Famer that wore number 78 when we're still on number 79. You know, the guy who played his whole 20 year career with the Rams. Nope, I would never give it away and spoil your thunder. :cool:

BTW, I always thought Coy Bacon was a nice addition to the Hall of Famers he played with.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coy Bacon...I just enjoy saying that name :)

This is a great photo with those two classic uniforms!

coy_bacon_1969_09_21-jpg.7220

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would never mention that Hall of Famer that wore number 78 when we're still on number 79. You know, the guy who played his whole 20 year career with the Rams. Nope, I would never give it away and spoil your thunder. :cool:

BTW, I always thought Coy Bacon was a nice addition to the Hall of Famers he played with.
Thanks again. and I still have, what I think, will be a big surprise for a lot of people tomorrow!(y)

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Bacon and Fanning are so much alike as they both played with so many more popular players and they were the ones who really helped give those others success. Nether had super long careers as RAMS but both would have been the head stud on so many other teams. I loved both of these guys so much as they were what we want out of every player we will ever get. Both of these guys were REAL HEAD HUNTERS and really did honor to that forgotten number 79 . I celebrate them today for all they gave to us playing at such a high level.

Its now time for Rob Havenstein to be as good as these two alltime RAM GREATS and I really expect a ton from Rob as he still is a long way away from the player he will one day be for us. He will remake his babyfat belly into a solid core that will help him endure full seasons and become a true WARRIOR for the RAMS at the offensive Right Tackle spot , I hope for a decade if health and money keep him happy. He is well on his way through his transition and has shown he is up to the task of anything we are gonna ask of him. I really hope he can lock things down as soon as possible with verbal help from our "D" Line all stars. I'm sure Cig will give Kendricks and Harkey and if Laskey possibly makes it also will help Rob as much as possible as teams will try to break him down. I'm sure Robs day today will be from morning to night a self challenging battle in the gym and outside working footwork and I hope we are helping with some martial arts hand usage training as we did during GSOT days. I hope Brown is right there battleing with Rob day in and out till camp starts. No injuries guys and remember those GREATS that came before you wearing your #'s and here's to you being as great as Bacon and Mike Fanning were in the HORNS.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Bacon and Fanning are so much alike as they both played with so many more popular players and they were the ones who really helped give those others success. Nether had super long careers as RAMS but both would have been the head stud on so many other teams. I loved both of these guys so much as they were what we want out of every player we will ever get. Both of these guys were REAL HEAD HUNTERS and really did honor to that forgotten number 79 . I celebrate them today for all they gave to us playing at such a high leve.

They are like Hayes and Sims are to our present teams!!(y):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Big problem with The O-Lineman like Bradshaw, and Goeas and the interior D-Lineman like Bacon, Fanning, and Pickett is they don't get enough credit for their work because the don't get a lot of fancy stats! They deserve to be WELL remembered!
Robinson and Havenstein ..
Greg-Robinson1.jpg

Havenstein1.jpg

They're coming along well ..
Havenstein2.jpg

And hopefully draw a lot of Fan praise!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IF you find talking about "Lineman" Boring "SPOILER ALERT": Tomorrow we will be Talking about the BEST O-Lineman the Rams EVER had! and his name is not Orlando Pace! And a poorly recognized D-Line GREAT!