Jeff Triplette and Ed Hochuli are retiring/Triplette hired by ESPN as "rules analyst"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Don't have the link but he will retire this season.

He really blew some calls in the Chiefs/Titans game and gave some really confusing explanations for the calls. You all have probably already read about them.

I'll never forget a Rams game he refed during the Fisher era, can't recall the opponent but the other team kicked an onside kick, Bradley Marquez was on the "hands" team on the line and raised his hand for a fair catch. He made the catch but was flagged by Triplett for an improper fair catch signal. Triplett said the ball was kicked into the ground and bounced into the air so a fair catch could not be signaled. The other officials came and told Triplett that the ball never hit the ground during the kick so he picked up the flag. Fisher then questions where was the penalty for unnecessary roughness on the fair catch signal (Marquez was clobbered as he caught the ball). Triplett said there was no penalty and the ball was in play at that spot.

How can you call an improper fair catch, reverse the call then not acknowledge a fair catch was made the receiver was interfied with? I never could understand that one call/none call.

Triplett should have retired a long time ago.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-retire/ar-BBI0fuj?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Maligned NFL official Jeff Triplette to reportedly retire
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...se-aide/ar-BBI0fqe?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

BBI0tbt.img
© Scott R. Galvin-USA TODAY Sports Triplette had been an official since the 1996 season.
A day after his crew botched the AFC Wild Card Playoff game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Tennessee Titans, it looks like one of the central figures is calling it quits on his long career.

Veteran official Jeff Triplette will reportedly retire from the game after more than two decades wearing the zebra suit.

Sponsored by cbs.com

Triplette has a reputation around the NFL as being one of the worst officials. This came out in droves Saturday in Kansas City. Among the missteps by his crew, a Marcus Mariota fumble and ensuing recovery by the Chiefs was ruled dead when officials concluded that the quarterback’s forward progress had been stopped. And that cost the Chiefs six points in what ultimately ended up being a one-point loss.

The performance of the officials was so bad that it forced former NFL head of officiating Mike Pereira to put them on blast after the game.

One has to wonder if this all had a role in Triplette’s decision to retire from officiating. But one of the most recognizable figures in officiating around the NFL has now called it quits.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
So confused...

Do I pass out candy to the neighborhood kids?

Hold a ticker tape parade?

Or, do I point to the heavens and give praise?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So confused...

Do I pass out candy to the neighborhood kids?

Hold a ticker tape parade?

Or, do I point to the heavens and give praise?

D. All the above.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Don't have the link but he will retire this season.

He really blew some calls in the Chiefs/Titans game and gave some really confusing explanations for the calls. You all have probably already read about them.

I'll never forget a Rams game he refed during the Fisher era, can't recall the opponent but the other team kicked an onside kick, Bradley Marquez was on the "hands" team on the line and raised his hand for a fair catch. He made the catch but was flagged by Triplett for an improper fair catch signal. Triplett said the ball was kicked into the ground and bounced into the air so a fair catch could not be signaled. The other officials came and told Triplett that the ball never hit the ground during the kick so he picked up the flag. Fisher then questions where was the penalty for unnecessary roughness on the fair catch signal (Marquez was clobbered as he caught the ball). Triplett said there was no penalty and the ball was in play at that spot.

How can you call an improper fair catch, reverse the call then not acknowledge a fair catch was made the receiver was interfied with? I never could understand that one call/none call.

Triplett should have retired a long time ago.
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yess:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well, there goes quality officiating.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
There is a Dog!!!

I seriously think it's not a retirement as far as forcing him out with respect. That game yesterday had to be the worst of all his shitty games. I mean blatant things.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a Dog!!!

I seriously think it's not a retirement as far as forcing him out with respect. That game yesterday had to be the worst of all his crappy games. I mean blatant things.
Oh you wonderfully dyslexic Mar fan.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
I still can't believe they called forward progress on the Mariota fumble as he was getting sacked. :LOL:

Beyond trash.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
200.gif

Hallelujah! The worst ref and the biggest screwer of the Rams in the NFL is finally gone. I'll never forget that Bears game from a few years ago when he made it blatantly obvious that he was trying to screw us.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still can't believe they called forward progress on the Mariota fumble as he was getting sacked. :LOL:

Beyond trash.

fans can handle when a player screws up and screws up the team's chance to win, like ogletree whiffing on a tackle when he had no reason to whiff. that's on the team for not having the right players to win.

but when a ref takes the game away from your team with such an idiotic call, it burns you up forever.