Jaylen MCCOLLOUGH leads LA Rams in interceptions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Eh his interceptions are really because he was in the right place at the right time. I don't see him making the plays you see top corners making. I'll take the INTs and all but I don't think he's the answer at cb long
I like him. He as smooth as Tennessee whiskey out there.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
IMO Kinchen must not have looked all the great in OTA’s ?
Maybe he did... Rams spent good draft capital on the kid.
But... watching his draft-day video... I'm not sure that football is the most important thing to him. It was quite a party, and L.A. is a place where you can sure find a lot of them without looking too hard. And find almost anything else you want.
What's his social media posts lookin' like? Is he busted up about not setting the world on fire yet? What part(s) of his game he working on?? His college film looked good, but this is the NFL & he's getting out-played by a UDFA.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
Way to explain it & was nice about it.You make an excellent point on JJ being hurt.

Plus I’ll add that Experience &. Veteran leadership from White & D’ Williams.

I’ll vent once again though about not resigning Whiterspoon when JJ was resigned. IMO Kinchen must not have looked all the great in OTA’s ? The Rams were hoping White & Williams were both going to be healthy???

However it is being broke down it will be a good thing all around for the development of this group.
BTW - Kam Curl was such a steal.
You could tell Kurl was overwhelmed early. He's getting comfy now and what a missile he is!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
But... watching his draft-day video... I'm not sure that football is the most important thing to him. It was quite a party, and L.A. is a place where you can sure find a lot of them without looking too hard. And find almost anything else you want.
What's his social media posts lookin' like? Is he busted up about not setting the world on fire yet? What part(s) of his game he working on?? His college film looked good, but this is the NFL & he's getting out-played by a UDFA.

I haven’t paid much attention to special teams this year.Ethan Evan’s does an excellent job of kicking it out of the Endzone.His punts have nice hang time & not sure about returns either way.

Kinchins seems to not be aggressive & hasn’t tackled well.
He’s coverage has been impressive either.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Now if Shula could only remake the ILBer group like he has the secondary.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You could tell Kurl was overwhelmed early. He's getting comfy now and what a missile he is!

I’ve been impressed with Kam curl from Day 1.Yes you can see his level of solid play increasing.

Q. Lake I was looking for more from.He made a big stop yesterday.His cover skills though are above average.

The big test to see how much they have improved though comes Thursday .J.Jefferson is one of the best WR’s in the NFL a long with Addison.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Now if Shula could only remake the ILBer group like he has the secondary.

They are asked to do a lot.Of course we all have known Troy Reeder isn’t the answer & most(myself) wanted to see how EJ53 would fit in Shula’s new defense.He was expected to be all that & after the draft I WAS SHOCKED The Rams didn’t draft a inside LB !

Rosenbloom did a okay job last season,but is he a real NFL starter ?
So - yes it would be nice for improvement there.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Brian Branch of the Detroit Lions has had three interceptions in the last two games and good morning football talking heads said he was up for defensive player of the year.
Just saying.
And Branch has a lot more snaps than McCullough

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I’ve been impressed with Kam curl from Day 1.Yes you can see his level of solid play increasing.

Q. Lake I was looking for more from.He made a big stop yesterday.His cover skills though are above average.

The big test to see how much they have improved though comes Thursday .J.Jefferson is one of the best WR’s in the NFL a long with Addison.

I’m hoping for long drives keeping those two off the field. It should be somewhat doable with Kupp back.

dang

Legend
Sorry. Who are you referring to?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sorry. Who are you referring to?
Kinchens. I remember that draft vid as well. As I recall, Tutu was at that party. Kinchens did not seem all that thrilled to be taken by the Rams from what I remember.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Which is interesting considering that many in here complain with wont switch linebackers.

Obviously the coaches are willing to change personnel.

I think you may be missing the point, my friend.

The Rams' coaches love Reeder and Rozeboom because they Know where to go to make a play.

And, one day ... just maybe ... they will actually get there in time and make a fucking play.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Huge fan of how McCollough has been playing. He's opportunistic, which helps the offense. I'm not sure about his coverage (I think he's best in the box.), but he's certainly way outplayed his expectations as an undrafted rookie.