Jaylen MCCOLLOUGH leads LA Rams in interceptions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Jaylen McCollough just got called up and in two games he leads the Rams with three interceptions. During the preseason, you could see that he was making crucial plays.

What was McVay or Shula saw in the other guy, TreWhite, besides the huge FA contract to have him be the starter?

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Jaylen McCollough just got called up and in two games he leads the Rams with three interceptions. During the preseason, you could see that he was making crucial plays.

What was McVay or Shula saw in the other guy, TreWhite, besides the huge FA contract to have him be the starter?
In a word, experience.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

2024 Tony Jefferson? All kidding aside, he’s always right by the ball. Keeper

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
We took a chance on a player with an all pro background coming off an injury. Later we signed Darious Williams. Why do you think we did that?
Maybe because our CB room was lacking without them?
Hindsight is 20-20.
Get over yourself. Sometimes moves work out and sometimes they don't. I'd be a lot more upset if they didn't try to upgrade a below average position group and you probably would be too.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Eh his interceptions are really because he was in the right place at the right time. I don't see him making the plays you see top corners making. I'll take the INTs and all but I don't think he's the answer at cb long term

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Well, McCollough made the 53-man roster out of the pre-season; and I think he has been a game-day active for at least five of the six games. He has gotten more snaps in recent weeks since John Johnson went down, and Kam Kinchens had his snaps reduced to almost zero.

Kameron Curl, Quentin Lake and Jaylen McCollough have been getting the snaps at safety.

Tre'Davious White's snaps at outside cornerback have mostly been taken by the return of Darious Williams and Ahkello Witherspoon.

Finally, rookie cornerback Josh Wallace has seen increased playing time, mostly at slot-corner, in recent weeks.

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Being in the right place at the right time is a big part of playing good defence, it is foolish to discount that. How many times have players in our secondary not even been remotely close to the football, like in a different zip code entirely?! Small sample size, but full credit to him for being there. We could use way more of that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Being in the right place at the right time is a big part of playing good defence

Toronto International Film Festival Genius GIF by TIFF

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Looked up his forty time of 4.74 which isn't very good but he looks to me like one of those guys who makes up for his speed with some instincts. Anyway just wanted to say how nice it is to see these guys who just step up and take care of business on game day and I hope it continues.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
He's a safety who can do a little covering for you. Being in the right place at the right time is a big part of the job.
His split time is probably why he is always at the right place right time to make crucial plays. Split time is sometimes overlooked.

Toothsayer

Rookie
Name
Richard H Stee
Being in the right place at the right time is a big part of playing good defence, it is foolish to discount that. How many times have players in our secondary not even been remotely close to the football, like in a different zip code entirely?! Small sample size, but full credit to him for being there. We could use way more of that.
Not discounting it at all & encouraged by the secondary's play overall, for sure. Still, pretty depleted WR group for LV so the best you can probably say is they avoided the massive zip code violations of the GB game. Baby steps.

Hands, wheels, and making the plays that come to him are great traits in a young DB, but let's not get all JackRabbit 2.0 about the guy & set false expectations is all I'm sayin'. Remember when Fuller had a similar mini-streak in his rookie year ?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
High in the state AWARENESS. This is something Durant is good with too. Unfortunately both guys have their physical limitations.

But we all know about physical limitations... :D

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well, McCollough made the 53-man roster out of the pre-season; and I think he has been a game-day active for at least five of the six games. He has gotten more snaps in recent weeks since John Johnson went down, and Kam Kinchens had his snaps reduced to almost zero.

Kameron Curl, Quentin Lake and Jaylen McCollough have been getting the snaps at safety.

Tre'Davious White's snaps at outside cornerback have mostly been taken by the return of Darious Williams and Ahkello Witherspoon.

Finally, rookie cornerback Josh Wallace has seen increased playing time, mostly at slot-corner, in recent weeks.

Way to explain it & was nice about it.You make an excellent point on JJ being hurt.

Plus I’ll add that Experience &. Veteran leadership from White & D’ Williams.

I’ll vent once again though about not resigning Whiterspoon when JJ was resigned. IMO Kinchen must not have looked all the great in OTA’s ? The Rams were hoping White & Williams were both going to be healthy???

However it is being broke down it will be a good thing all around for the development of this group.
BTW - Kam Curl was such a steal.