Jay Glazer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I was headed to St Louis to hang w my fellow ROD buds when I got a call that my mother needed surgery so I went the other direction to Joplin. So I had to listen to the draft on the radio. I swear, Jay Glazer predicted EVERY SINGLE PICK until I turned it off during the SF trade. It was amazing. It's obvious NFL teams trust him implicitly. He gave reasoning for every GM and coach BEFORE the picks were made. Trust me when I say...in the future I'm listening to Fox Radio for the draft. ESPN and NFL Network have frustrated me for too long. Heck, I DVR'd the draft and saw how obviously Warner and Faulk are NOT plugged into the Rams.

BTW, Mom is fine and recovering nicely. Between work, kids, and aging parents... I doubt I will ever watch an entire draft in real time.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Just an FYI, but those picks seemed to be in quite a bit before they were announced last night.

Glad to hear you Mom is fine.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe FOX should think of putting on their own Draft show, IF the NFL would allow it!

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just an FYI, but those picks seemed to be in quite a bit before they were announced last night.

Glad to hear you Mom is fine.

Thanks. Watching the NFL Network's coverage made me realize the same thing. It's like they were staging things more than in the past. But in the radio broadcast, Jay was predicting both picks and reasons loooong before the picks were made. On the flip side, he did use some of that "downtime" between picks and announcements to make himself look perfect.

In retrospect, JT needs to be replaced. The Rams clearly don't trust him and he's been taking too many jabs at the Rams to really add any good Intel going forward.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Glad to hear about your mother......

And remember....did he "predict" the picks....or did he say some "blurb" a couple of minutes before and he already "knew" them as most will tell you, they "know" the picks ahead of time. But I think last night was one of those nights (in the draft world....) where certain things were absolute and having some guys fall down the charts (Collins, Gregory, Clemmons, etc) for whatever the reason (injuries, drugs & weight questions, and wtf?) pretty much made it easy to connect the dots. Denver jumping up to get a pass rusher might have been the "surprise" moment of the night.......or those things that didn't happen but were predicted to........

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@leoram I wish you and your mother well.

My theory on JT. He got all of his intel from the equipment manager that got fired and got a bad rap for having loose lips in the past. Some think that is ludicrous but ever since they got rid of that guy the info leaks have dwindled fast. Plus it would explain why all of the Post Dispatch writers were so butt hurt from that routine firing.

Glazer does it right and he always has good info but if you notice he doesn't release it at times that would piss anyone off. Glazer > Schefter, Mort and the rest.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Maybe FOX should think of putting on their own Draft show, IF the NFL would allow it!
I'm in the boat that the less ESPN covers the better. Most people that are on TV on ESPN talk wildly animated and don't offer any analysis, in my opinion.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to work last night, it sucks having the draft on the last night of the month when inventory has to be done. In the past years I have followed the draft online and have been able to see the pick a few minutes before it was announced on TV.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I was headed to St Louis to hang w my fellow ROD buds when I got a call that my mother needed surgery so I went the other direction to Joplin. So I had to listen to the draft on the radio. I swear, Jay Glazer predicted EVERY SINGLE PICK until I turned it off during the SF trade. It was amazing. It's obvious NFL teams trust him implicitly. He gave reasoning for every GM and coach BEFORE the picks were made. Trust me when I say...in the future I'm listening to Fox Radio for the draft. ESPN and NFL Network have frustrated me for too long. Heck, I DVR'd the draft and saw how obviously Warner and Faulk are NOT plugged into the Rams.

BTW, Mom is fine and recovering nicely. Between work, kids, and aging parents... I doubt I will ever watch an entire draft in real time.

First, glad your mom is doing well. That's more imortant than anything.

Second, its best to listen on radio, I think. We all know BSPN's stupid antics, and yesterday I watched the draft on NFLN for the first. It was rather chill, but Mike Mayok is just annoying as hell. Dude really needs to get off his damn high horse and stop yelling about the players. I don't care if a player is "twitchy." What the hell does that even mean??

I just tuned the talking out. Youtubing, following the chat room, etc.