Jaws: “Can’t remember 4 teams this good defensively in the same division”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
ESPN’s Ron Jaworski joined the Kevin Wheeler Show to talk about his new venture in China, bring American style football to China, expanding the sport, and teaming up with Dick Vermeil, he also discussed the NFC West and the Rams weighing on Sam Bradford’s knee and shoulder. Jaws “can’t remember 4 teams with this good defensively” in the same division”.

Listen to Jaws Talk Rams and NFC West

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Finally football has been seeding itself outside the USA. My hope is Olympic football some time in the distant future.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Finally football has been seeding itself outside the USA. My hope is Olympic football some time in the distant future.

Interesting thought about Olympic FB. Let me ask you, would you want pro players competing? While I would want our best players representing us, I am not sure I would wan't Robert Quinn or any of our star players risking their seasons to play in it. For that matter, would college players even want to risk it, considering they haven't even gotten their pay day yet?? Tough decisions there...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Interesting thought about Olympic FB. Let me ask you, would you want pro players competing? While I would want our best players representing us, I am not sure I would wan't Robert Quinn or any of our star players risking their seasons to play in it. For that matter, would college players even want to risk it, considering they haven't even gotten their pay day yet?? Tough decisions there...
Maybe (if they even do consider Olympic FB) the NFL farm league will already be established and they can just use those guys. But even then, the risk is a little higher than the reward. Or is it? Would you rather have an outside shot at making an NFL team, or an Olympic Gold Medal?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Maybe (if they even do consider Olympic FB) the NFL farm league will already be established and they can just use those guys. But even then, the risk is a little higher than the reward. Or is it? Would you rather have an outside shot at making an NFL team, or an Olympic Gold Medal?

Good point. In that scenario, the Olympics would not only provide an opportunity for fringe players to earn a medal for their country, but also another chance to showcase their talents for NFL coaches. THAT would make a lot more sense for the players...but would the talent be sufficient to compete for that medal once the rest of the world catches up a bit on the field? If the US was not able to bring home the gold every year, would people not start clamoring for the NFL equivalent of a "Dream team"?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
American Football isn't international enough for the Olympics. How many countries could even field a team?

No way I'd expose professional players against whatever other countries could scrape up!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
American Football isn't international enough for the Olympics. How many countries could even field a team?

No way I'd expose professional players against whatever other countries could scrape up!

If things go well in China they could field 1200 teams LOL.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod

Spot on CGI. A few countries around the world have their own 'American Football' leagues but to suggest they could even compete with Div 2 College teams would be a huge stretch (Canada aside perhaps??). Realistically it doesn't have the worldwide saturation that IOC would deem acceptable for consideration at this point and anytime in the immediate future.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If the US was not able to bring home the gold every year, would people not start clamoring for the NFL equivalent of a "Dream team"?
Probably. And it would be a slaughter if we fielded one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Hey. If Jamaica can assemble a bobsled team...

RamWoodie

Legend
I've always said Jaws is a fair QB analyst. I don't think one can argue anything he said there.