Jarvis Landry

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm impressed with this guy. Not because he's the top prospect, but because he reminds me of Stedman.

Amazing hands. It's good for a prospect when his highlight video includes some nasty tackles when he plays on the kickoff squad. He also run blocks very well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, he's more Brandon Gibson than Stedman. Lacks speed to separate and explosion in and out of his breaks. He's a precise route runner with strong hands that runs hard after the catch but doesn't have much wiggle(elusiveness).

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMO, he's more Brandon Gibson than Stedman. Lacks speed to separate and explosion in and out of his breaks. He's a precise route runner with strong hands that runs hard after the catch but doesn't have much wiggle(elusiveness).

This sounds to me exactly what was thought of Stedman last year. Except everyone seemed to throw his production out the window.

I like Jarvis' hands, and the ability to run precise routes.
I also like that he is a superb blocker
Lastly, I like that he would be a killer gunner or cover guy on the bomb squad.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This sounds to me exactly what was thought of Stedman last year. Except everyone seemed to throw his production out the window.

I like Jarvis' hands, and the ability to run precise routes.
I also like that he is a superb blocker
Lastly, I like that he would be a killer gunner or cover guy on the bomb squad.

Disagree. I thought Stedman had explosion out of his breaks and played faster than his timed speed which allowed him to separate deep. I'm just not a big Landry guy. I think he's at his best in the slot in the NFL as a chain mover...like Gibson. He's a precise route runner but not one that gains a tremendous amount of separation(how I'd describe Gibson).

I prefer Eric Thomas to him along with a handful of other WRs. But that's JMO.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Disagree. I thought Stedman had explosion out of his breaks and played faster than his timed speed which allowed him to separate deep. I'm just not a big Landry guy. I think he's at his best in the slot in the NFL as a chain mover...like Gibson. He's a precise route runner but not one that gains a tremendous amount of separation(how I'd describe Gibson).

I prefer Eric Thomas to him along with a handful of other WRs. But that's JMO.

Maybe you don't mean it that way, but I just think of comparing someone to Gibson as putting them down. Maybe it was just the negative light that he was always painted in on Rams Talk before I came over here.

I do think Landry can be much better than Gibson. And I do recall people saying Stedman might be better fit in the slot at one point during the draft season.

There just seems to be similarities in their games. One being their strong hands and catch radius, along with strong special teams play.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe you don't mean it that way, but I just think of comparing someone to Gibson as putting them down. Maybe it was just the negative light that he was always painted in on Rams Talk before I came over here.

I do think Landry can be much better than Gibson. And I do recall people saying Stedman might be better fit in the slot at one point during the draft season.

There just seems to be similarities in their games. One being their strong hands and catch radius, along with strong special teams play.

I wouldn't say it's putting him down. Just that I think he's a 600-700 yard type WR that will be best in a possession WR role out of the slot.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I wouldn't say it's putting him down. Just that I think he's a 600-700 yard type WR that will be best in a possession WR role out of the slot.

Fair enough. Seems we have that in Pettis. Where Pettis has the versatility to play slot or outside.