Jared Goff vs. pressure?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I suspect Jared could really improve these numbers by baling out unnecessarily any time he sees his shadow. I'm just not buying how they get their numbers and suspect this is a case of lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics. You can derive any kind of statistic you want by simply tweaking the type of input you include. I'm going to guess there are some pretty bad QBs with better "passer ratings under pressure". How many of these pressures didn't enter into their data because Jared simply sidestepped or stepped up rather than run around like a scared bunny.

Thank you!

Ram65

Legend
This could be a good week to see how Jared does with pressure.

What is the definition of pressure on a QB?

Wonder if we can count this week?

JackStraw

Rookie
So many clutch 3rd down conversions are the result of Goff knowing he's going to be crushed while delivering strikes to one of his five star pass catchers.

Cydekikk

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This could be a good week to see how Jared does with pressure.

What is the definition of pressure on a QB?

Wonder if we can count this week?

Well, the Chargers will be without their best pass rusher in Joey Bosa. I haven't paid close enough attention to that team to know how relevant that is with respect to their pass rush capabilities... Do they have others on that D that allow them to provide a better-than-average pass rush?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Well, the Chargers will be without their best pass rusher in Joey Bosa. I haven't paid close enough attention to that team to know how relevant that is with respect to their pass rush capabilities... Do they have others on that D that allow them to provide a better-than-average pass rush?

We certainly will need to pay attention to Ingram.

This team is no slouch and we are getting lucky facing them minus Bosa.

They have quite a few talented players in their secondary.

They also present problems offensively. Rivers, Gordon, and Allen are all guys that can beat you. Then they have solid guys through out that offense and Rivers is never scared to test you.

Rivers car is amazing! That guy is dedicated to his craft and I expect him to show it.

We need our A game.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Its just something to talk about, people justifying their jobs. Nothing more.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I also hear recently that Goff has the highest percentage of completing passes in a small window, dating back from last year.

Stats....can be made into anything. In the NFL, there is only one thing that matters. It is the ‘W’ “L” category.