Jared Goff Is Championship Sunday’s Least-Proven Quarterback—and May Also Be Its Most Important

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
That said, can you imagine if he balls out and we get to the Super Bowl? Eh? :cool:
Indeed! I'm on his corner all the way! It's hard to read Goff because he's the same good or bad play. Like I heard on NFL Network...the guy throws like Rodgers most of the time.

We won't hear any words from him if he's up for the Saints...we'll see it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wish we knew which Goff will show up Sunday.
Hopefully its Jared, because if its Jerry we might have a problem

giphy.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, but he has done what only 2 QBs (both first ballot Hall of Famers) have ever done in regards to TD stats, and will likely be MVP this year. No one is questioning his abilities or if he'll show up.

I think he is a shoo in for MVP. This season was the best we have seen from a second year guy who is a new starter since Warner in 99. Not better than Warner's 99 but the best since then for a newbie.

That said, can you imagine if he balls out and we get to the Super Bowl? Eh?

Yes, yes I can imagine that.

Oh and btw... If this dude thinks Mahomes isn't a potential concern for the Chiefs in the playoffs vs Bill Belichick he hasn't been watching football long enough. Whatever he did vs the Patriots early this season doesn't matter. The emperor will have some BS lined up for him so I wouldn't be so quick to act like he's going to automatically throw for his usual 4+ TDs in that game.

@Merlin you've always been one of my favorite posters going back years and on another board.

You summed up my feelings but I put it differently to a friend. I said "who would you put your money on..........Belichik and Brady or Reid and Mahomes?"..........because that's what it really is all about this Sunday.

I don't expect to see another shootout that's for sure.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
@Merlin you've always been one of my favorite posters going back years and on another board.

Yeah you and I tend to see things very similarly going way back lol EXCEPT WITH THE REFS. :p

Have you signed @jrry32's ref petition yet? :rolllaugh:

RamWoodie

Legend
Hopefully its Jared, because if its Jerry we might have a problem
Third year in the league and you're in the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME...it's a tall order that can define you for a long time.

Goff has his experience in big games that were losses...Saints, Chicago, and the Eagles...all playoff teams.

I'm certain those games taught him something about how to prepare and the mindset he has to have.

This game is a notch above those...but I'm sure Goff can draw on them to prepare.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
I think something has been up with Goff, don't know if it's the shoulder, my personal theory is this, take it from a mom, it looked clear as day to me that he had the flu during that Lions game. That was confirmed for me when McVay had to call in the next day to do his press conference instead of being because he was so sick. So I think they were both sick that week. I had the flu last year and even after I got "better," I wasn't really better for 2 months. I think something like that could be effecting Goff's play of late. The good news is he's looked a little better and more like the Goff we saw earlier this year every week since the Cardinals game. He was getting his rhythm back it looked to me against the Cowboys. I feel pretty good that he'll be ready to ball out against the Saints and help us get the win

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think something has been up with Goff, don't know if it's the shoulder

Wouldn't be the first time a team kept an injury quiet. But I think the timing of the dip in his play is too perfectly aligned with the loss of his security blanket. So I attribute it to him being uncomfortable due to not having Kupp as a quick early read.

Also I suspect that JRey has been running some wrong routes here and there. And that Goff doesn't have a great trust and rapport with him or Everett just yet.

But I also think he has made a lot of good throws that have won us games in spite of the inaccurate and late throws he's been making. And agree that he's going to play well this weekend as well. (y)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the Josh Reynolds throw, Goff can't lead him. Jaylon Smith dropped down the middle of the field. If he tries to lead him, it's picked. Goff made the right read. I have to wonder if Reynolds misread the play. Goff threw it as if he expected Reynolds to come back for the ball rather than continue running the dig. Obviously, he couldn't continue running the dig. If there's an option on the play, Reynolds missed it. If there's not, I'm guessing Goff squeezed the ball into the only spot where it stood a chance.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
He also took a nasty double helmet to helmet hit on a sack in the chiefs game (I think it was late in the game, but I don't really remember). It's possible he's dealing with residual concussion symptoms that he's not taking about and the NFL clearly doesn't care about. Add being sick to that and I could understandably see this play slumping.

Does the LA area have any enter specific allergies? I know Texas has really bad cedar pollen around this time. Maybe he's coping with allergies. Just spit balling here.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Goff's performance hasn't been the same since Kupp went down. I don't know if Goff doing badly or Reynolds isn't running correct routes/bad routes. I'm not so sure the above breakdown of the video with the pass to Cooks was an even possible completion with the two defenders near Cooks. It could be that Goff made it an impossible pass, so that it couldn't be intercepted...I used to have a sure feeling when Goff dropped back to pass that it would be a completion, and now I don't feel that way AK (After Kupp)
I watched the KC game again last week. Goff was on the mark until he got hit by three KC lineman. immediately after that he missed badly on a couple of passes and had a few sprinkled throughout the rest of the game. He still looked fine and of course made some great passes, but that is when he started to falter. The Detroit game after was not great. Then the Bears where he looked bad and threw 4 ints. I think he got hurt. I don't mean seriously. Just the KC hit, he was very slow to get up and he hasn't been the same since.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I watched the KC game again last week. Goff was on the mark until he got hit by three KC lineman. immediately after that he missed badly on a couple of passes and had a few sprinkled throughout the rest of the game. He still looked fine and of course made some great passes, but that is when he started to falter. The Detroit game after was not great. Then the Bears where he looked bad and threw 4 ints. I think he got hurt. I don't mean seriously. Just the KC hit, he was very slow to get up and he hasn't been the same since.
I saw the same during the game. He's been a little off every since then, regardless of what changed. That was the moment I noticed.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I've mentioned this a few weeks ago. I think he is a little dinged up and nobody is saying anything about it so defenders don't key on it. I think he has a sore shoulder.
This might be a reason why his throws are off but at the same time his throws have a lot of velocity. I'm guessing he's been effected by the pressure he was getting in the Det Chi and Phi games He's rushing his throws and not getting set. We desperately need him to snap out of it.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I hope Goff has a good game to shut up the critics but I'm okay with Goff going 14 of 17 for 150 yards if we run the ball on the ground for 287 yards and win the time of possession 38 minutes to 22 minutes and win 35 to 13.