James Harrison cuts the grass at Steelers facility

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is hilarious. At the link there are pics and video.

---

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-cuts-grass-at-steelers-facility-between-sets

There is no offseason for James Harrison, the 37-year-old Steelers linebacker who apparently spends every waking hour body-slamming Father Time like he was a Brownsfan.

We've seen Harrison playing volleyball with a medicine ball, doing one-handed shoulder presses with 135-pound barbells, and most recently, running sprints in 136-degree heat.

Also unconventional: Harrison's method of relaxation. There are no whirlpools, massages or naps. Instead, the linebacker finds his inner peace in lawn maintenance.

I'm doing whatever I gotta do," Harrison explains. "I'm cutting grass in between sets. It's my job, baby."

The common theme in all these Harrison videos: Sweatpants. Turns out, we were wrong to mock George Costanza. The man was a visionary just ahead of his time.

Then again, maybe "sweatpants are acceptable" should only apply to Harrison.

Whatever Harrison wears, if Pittsburgh's defense can improve from bottom-of-the-league to middle-of-the-pack, the Steelers could make a deep playoff run for the first time since 2010.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Hooverball

Hooverball is a medicine ball game invented by President Herbert Hoover's personal physician to help keep then-President Hoover fit. The Hoover Presidential Library Association and the city of West Branch, Iowa co-host a national championship each year.

In general, the game is played on a volleyball-type court of grass or sand and involves throwing a heavily weighted medicine ball over the net. Officially, in Hooverball, the medicine ball weighs about 6 lb (2.7 kg) and is thrown over an 8 ft (2.4 m) volleyball-type net. The game is scored like tennis. The ball is caught and then thrown back. The weight of the medicine ball can make the sport quite physically demanding.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait - so Harrison is volunteering to cut grass unpaid (putting somebody else out of work)? Or is he getting paid - which would likely be a way of circumventing the salary cap? I sense a scandal which will take attention away from Brady.