Jalen Ramsey needs to have a career game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He is one of my favorite Rams. In fact, I tend to post on this board just like how he plays: really good, but can be kind of a dick. And sometimes cross the line. :zany:

Anyway, I re-watched the highlights of the 2nd shitters game @ SoFi, painfully. And I hate to say it, Douchebo owned Jalen Ramsey. Whether his routes, that TD throw to Juan Jennings, or his runs, Douchebo got him.

After letting Tommy and Mike Evans burn him Sunday, coupled with the recent ownage, this is the game for Jalen to lock shit down for good.

I watched those highlights. There's no reason why the Rams SHOULDN'T have won that game. Both units, despite the early missteps, had a comeback in the 2nd half.

Also, no deep bombs to Ben Skowronek. MS's pick in OT. Man, OBJ had a STEP on that shitter.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Agree.
Regarding Ramsey, with what we pay and gave up for him, there is NO WAY in HELL he should have allowed Evans behind him last game. That was pretty terrible coverage if you ask me.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Dick Face has to be shut down.

If he's lined up as a receiver, Ramsey stays on him. If he's in the backfield, one of the LB's has to key on him.

Hit him coming off the line and/or out of the backfield. And when you're tackling, hit his legs. Don't try to wrap them up, fucking hit them. With your shoulder. At full fucking speed...

Fuck.That.Guy.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yes, hit the legs especially because he's hobbled right now from getting a helmet to the knee in the last game. Aggravate that in the first quarter and see how he plays after.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Ramsey has been getting lazy late in games. I think we've all seen it over the couple of weeks. I'm sure he'll be fine. Just needs to play 60

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Everyone gets beat time to time. Ramsey is on an island a lot too.

They should not have him solo on Deebo. He should be on Kittle. Deebo requires doubling regardless of who is on him.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Probably gets caught here and there letting his guard down cuz the receiver he's covering rarely gets targeted.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ramsey did lay a big hit on him at the begging of the game but Deebo didn’t go down.

Agree on making a concentrated effort to blow up Deebo’s legs. Enough big shots and he’ll want to go back to WR. Pain is the recipe to slow him down.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Evans beating him on that TD will pay huge dividends for the Rams. He got beat, no 2 ways about it and I'm sure that's gonna drive him batshit crazy. He'll have a monster game, make that 2 monster games now

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
This is one game where I would actually be inclined to have Ramsey play the star position. Put him where the action is.

The 49ers don't really have a stud WR in the conventional sense, like Davante Adams or Hopkins. Nobody on their roster demands a lockdown corner, per se. Deebo is a weapon. But he's basically a quasi RB. And even when he does catch the football, he is more about YAC than anything else. He should be double-teamed often, but I am not so sure Ramsey is a necessary component to that double-team. Gang tackling should hopefully prove sufficient, regardless of Jalen being in on it. I also don't want Ramsey sticking to Kittle like glue, because Kittle does not get the ball enough to justify it. Half the time, he is blocking, even if he does not line up in a manner that would make it obvious pre-snap. And in run-heavy games (which you can bet the 49ers will employ vs. LA), he's even more likely to serve as a blocker as opposed to a pass catcher. In obvious passing situations, I'd put Ramsey on Kittle, as we have nobody else even close to his size, and hope other guys can contain Deebo via double-team. But otherwise, Ramsey in the star makes sense to me. And I am not generally a fan of the star strategy,

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Agree.
Regarding Ramsey, with what we pay and gave up for him, there is NO WAY in HELL he should have allowed Evans behind him last game. That was pretty terrible coverage if you ask me.
I admit i have been somewhat disappointed in Ramsey as of late. The slapping Rapp in the head started it and it has went down hill for him since. He looks annoyed and almost as if he is pouting or something. I may be totally off base here but something is amiss with him.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Everyone gets beat time to time. Ramsey is on an island a lot too.

They should not have him solo on Deebo. He should be on Kittle. Deebo requires doubling regardless of who is on him.

Probably gets caught here and there letting his guard down cuz the receiver he's covering rarely gets targeted.

Trust I'm not gonna throw it in his face that he got beat. I heard that it was Tommy, Mike Evans, and Jalen on a play, someone is gonna get the short end of the stick there. Earlier it was Tommy and Mikey, and sadly at the worst possible time Jalen got his.

I think Evans beating him on that TD will pay huge dividends for the Rams. He got beat, no 2 ways about it and I'm sure that's gonna drive him batshit crazy. He'll have a monster game, make that 2 monster games now

I would LOVE a pick 6 by him and a 50+ yard rush TD by Cam to exorcise last week's demons.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is one game where I would actually be inclined to have Ramsey play the star position. Put him where the action is.

The 49ers don't really have a stud WR in the conventional sense, like Davante Adams or Hopkins. Nobody on their roster demands a lockdown corner, per se. Deebo is a weapon. But he's basically a quasi RB. And even when he does catch the football, he is more about YAC than anything else. He should be double-teamed often, but I am not so sure Ramsey is a necessary component to that double-team. Gang tackling should hopefully prove sufficient, regardless of Jalen being in on it. I also don't want Ramsey sticking to Kittle like glue, because Kittle does not get the ball enough to justify it. Half the time, he is blocking, even if he does not line up in a manner that would make it obvious pre-snap. And in run-heavy games (which you can bet the 49ers will employ vs. LA), he's even more likely to serve as a blocker as opposed to a pass catcher. In obvious passing situations, I'd put Ramsey on Kittle, as we have nobody else even close to his size, and hope other guys can contain Deebo via double-team. But otherwise, Ramsey in the star makes sense to me. And I am not generally a fan of the star strategy,
Sticking him on Kittle is basically playing him in the star position in terms of helping inside vs the run game and being near the LOS. When Kittle isn't running routes or doing a delayed release we have an additional ILB in the box.

Removing Kittle is a big deal in this game. He is a big time outlet for the QB and that outlet must be taken away to make him hold the ball.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trust I'm not gonna throw it in his face that he got beat.
Definitely. One thing I love about Ramsey is that you know he's beyond fucking pissed that he gave that up. So yeah and I agree with deiter that him being torched on that play is a good thing. We didn't lose and now you have a beast of a player with a chip on his shoulder.

Ramsey has always been at his best when he's got that chip going. So I think he's gonna show great in this next one.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would love a big game from #5 but I think I'll go with a few others I want to have career games.

Edwards, Allen, Corbett, Gaines and Jones.

Own the middle of the field on both sides of the ball and we dominate.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would love a big game from #5 but I think I'll go with a few others I want to have career games.

Edwards, Allen, Corbett, Gaines and Jones.

Own the middle of the field on both sides of the ball and we dominate.
Yes if just our OL plays well we'll beat those fucks.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame

Didn't he play the star position the first time we met this season and we all lost our shit?