Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan sign massive new deals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It is really just as simple as this;

Spending the number 2 pick in the draft on a "prospect" based on "measurables" who has never even shown that he can pass block when that is the main job if a left tackle.

Ridiculous, because of too high of a probability of failure.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
FWIW I wanted Jake Matthews and just because I knew he would understand what it took to be a superior player in the NFL.

Same here. I wasn’t even on the fence at OT.

Mathews was pretty much a lock to be at least good. The bloodlines were just too strong.

The Rams went for the homerun.... and ended up with a swing and miss.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

It was more than his play that got him the boot. McVay's first move was to get rid of all of the unprofessional, questionable drive, and bad attitude players. GRob fit all three categories.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Again the perfect Auburn storm, Snead being an alum and Jeff Fisher's son Trent played with GROB at Auburn so I'm sure they felt they had some inside information, plus Robinson's combine was off the charts. Again I understood why the pick was made, I just wish they realized Robinson never had to work at his craft, plus from the neck up was worth a dime.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
It is really just as simple as this;

Spending the number 2 pick in the draft on a "prospect" based on "measurables" who has never even shown that he can pass block when that is the main job if a left tackle.

Ridiculous, because of too high of a probability of failure.
This was how I felt about Cordarelle Patterson (and I have no clue how he's doing now, do I could be wrong here). His weaknesses out of college were catching and route running. Given that he was a WR, that was an indicator of failure to me.

Sorry for the thread detour.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I don't recall the writer but I remember reading that GRob was more interested in working on his rap lyrics than working on football. That sums it up for me. I am pretty sure Bentley sought out GRob to train him, and not the other way around. Lazy has been another term associated with GRob. Either way, it didn't take McVay long to decide that GRob was either not worth the roster spot or dedicated enough to improve his game. I trust his and Kromer's judgement on this. It isn't like they got much for him so the trade wasn't spurred by a great return. Addition by subtraction is the case.

Maybe GRob is starting to realize that he needs to take football more seriously or he will be out of it. Either way, I doubt McVay regrets saying bye.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Same here. I wasn’t even on the fence at OT.

Mathews was pretty much a lock to be at least good. The bloodlines were just too strong.

Matthew's grew up knowing what it takes to be a pro, unlike rapping G Rob.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

only CHAMP misses him.

but i'm not sure he's one of us anymore.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I think its smarter to grab veterans that want to win like whit instead of locking in a guy for this much at OL .

I have no issue paying TG 15 per season if OL are getting 80 million dollar contracts

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Wanted Matthews over Grob, production over potential. Lewan slipped a bit in the draft, he turned out to be a very good LT too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wanted Matthews over Grob, production over potential. Lewan slipped a bit in the draft, he turned out to be a very good LT too.

Michigan's kicker raped a girl and Lewan calls and threatens her after she reports it. If not for that maybe he goes top five.