Jairus Byrd, and other free agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll take Jimmy Graham off their hands if it helps.

Alan

Legend
I was certainly pushing hard for us to get Byrd. :eek:

Of course I was desperate.

V3

Hall of Fame
How much if his performance is due to the defensive scheme(aka, clusterfuck) and how much is due to the player? I'm not saying that we should have paid what they did, but I'm not sure he would have played as poorly in this scheme.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
26 mil cap hit on Breese next year :eek:. Only Rogers is worth that.

Only Grahm is worth his money in NO. Big changes coming

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Cant really assume the same thing would of happen to him if he came here. He's a great saftey.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Every year NFL fans get excited about their teams bringing in big named free agents, but the actual success stories of players actually playing up to the contracts received are few and far in between. Go figure.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Every year NFL fans get excited about their teams bringing in big named free agents, but the actual success stories of players actually playing up to the contracts received are few and far in between. Go figure.

It doesnt make sense (n)

Alan

Legend
There are many success stories too. Not as many though. There's usually a reason why their teams didn't keep them that doesn't revolve around money. Per se, as many things are a trade off.

The success stories keep teams trying. When you have a lot of holes you can't fix them all in the draft and still remain competitive. At least that's what I think.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
Above average players are too hard to find in abundance. If a player makes it to FA, in most instances, the former team knows best. I think Whitey Herzog once said, it's better to cut a player one year too early than one year too late.

Alan

Legend
Win1-4Ned shooting for the moon:
Above average players are too hard to find in abundance.
When you're looking to replace a Dahl, you don't need above average right? I'm with you on the age related comment by Herzog. Old and players often or coming off injury. I'm becoming really leery of both.

I think replacing the below average players with average players is good for your team. For the right price of course.