Jags putting in a 5 year offer on Mack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Alex Mack - C - Browns
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jaguars will sign transition-tagged C Alex Mack to a five-year offer sheet by Friday.
Related: Jaguars
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Could be getting ready to draft a QB high the best center in the game will take some pressure off the young signal caller

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jaguars will sign transition-tagged C Alex Mack to a five-year offer sheet by Friday.
Per Schefter, Mack badly wants to play the five-year contract with the Jaguars and doesn't want to return to Cleveland. Mack's agent and the Jaguars will structure the deal in a way that will make it as difficult as possible for the Browns to match it, even though Cleveland has a boat load of cap space and a desire to retain arguably the game's best center. Once the deal is signed, the Browns will have five days to make a decision. Mack is 28 years old.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Thats saying alot about the Browns orginazation if they guy badly wants to play for Jacksonville LMAO, or mabye he just wants to live in flordia.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats saying alot about the Browns orginazation if they guy badly wants to play for Jacksonville LMAO, or mabye he just wants to live in flordia.

Beaches, bad beaches, and no state income tax. ;)

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Hell you give me a choice give me Florida with the bad ass ladies and can take my new yaht from my new contract to sail to the Bahamas!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Hell you give me a choice give me Florida with the bad ass ladies and can take my new yaht from my new contract to sail to the Bahamas!

Yeah the only problem with that is if I sailed down to the Bahamas I dont think id come back Id just keep going down to the caribbean. Dont tempt me with a good time.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Yeah the only problem with that is if I sailed down to the Bahamas I dont think id come back Id just keep going down to the caribbean. Dont tempt me with a good time.
LMAO we'd end up in trouble if we were to sail away to paradise...... " But why is all the rum gone...?"

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
LMAO Probably come to several months later in aruba out of money and booze

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Report: Alex Mack agrees to terms on offer sheet with Jaguars
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2014

mack.jpg
Getty Images

Earlier today, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that the Jaguars will sign Browns center Alex Mack to a five-year offer sheet by Friday. Now, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that Mack has agreed to terms regarding an offer sheet that has not yet been reduced to writing.

While there’s a chance that the reports reflect two different ways of saying the same thing, it’s looking more and more clear that, by Friday, the Browns will be on the clock. And they’ll have five days to match whatever terms the Jaguars present to Mack for his signature.

If the Browns don’t match the offer, they’ll get no compensation. And they’ll be criticized for using the transition tag (which required a one-year offer of $10 million) instead of applying the franchise tag (which would have cost only another $1.6 million more, and which would have prevented anyone from trying to pilfer him).

We speculated earlier on the terms that could be used to persuade the Browns not to match. Regardless, the Browns seem to be inclined to do what they have to do to keep Mack.

And so the next step will be to find out the terms of the offer and, specifically, the specific wrinkle that could make the Browns think twice about matching.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Seriously dude? Come on Mack, just stay in Cleveland, the last thing i need is to add Centre to my list of mock draft needs...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Honestly i cant blame the Browns for not wanting to pay Mack. He's an all pro but he's a center. They're a mess and they should just stay put and draft the other Mack at #3 and go get a QB at #26.
:goodluck:

Alan

Legend
The Browns have CAP room that can't be saved until next year. Why not use it to keep your talent? Plus next years CAP is expected to go up significantly I believe.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

They fired a solid coaching staff after they completed their first year. That would tick me off, too. I really hope he gets out of there.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Browns have CAP room that can't be saved until next year. Why not use it to keep your talent? Plus next years CAP is expected to go up significantly I believe.
Yeah but he's a center.
$10 to $11 million dollars for a center on a bad team? Not me. I couldn't do it! :eek:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's a mystery but they are the Browns.

Alan

Legend
Mojo Ram wanting to die rich:
Yeah but he's a center.
$10 to $11 million dollars for a center on a bad team? Not me. I couldn't do it! :eek:
If you have the CAP room then spend it to the limit. Just don't hinder future maneuvers. You can't carry it over you know.

Plus, that $10 to $11 million dollars isn't what the contract is going to be. That $10 million mentioned in the article was the cost of franchising him.

Let's wait until we can get a look at the contract.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Honestly I wanted us to sign Mack and use the money we'd save from cutting Wells to use for him. Imagine him sandwhiched in between Saffold and Robinson/Matthews. Zac would have a 'Heart Attack'.

On a side note with me drafting Bortles in our ROD mock draft Mack would fit right in for him to help comfort the transition.

Alan

Legend
I don't think we have enough CAP space for that Rammer. Wells salary isn't near enough money. I think we're still going to sign at least one guard too.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I don't think we have enough CAP space for that Rammer. Wells salary isn't near enough money. I think we're still going to sign at least one guard too.
Yeah I hear ya, it was my fantasy to have worked that out but hey.... a beastly O -Line is almost enough for a wet dream right? lol
If wells goes down again Barrett Jones better Man the Hell up!!