I've only eliminated 3 positions from consideration with the Rams' first selection.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Right now, with FA looming, I've eliminated very few positions from consideration for the Rams first selection.

3 to be exact. They are:

Quarterback: Duh. Even if the Rams want more competition at the No. 2 spot, I can't see them making this the first priority of the draft.

Wide Receiver: With Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods and Van Jefferson signed, OBJ potentially returning, and some young players already being developed (Atwell, Harris, Skowronek), I just can't see going WR first again.

Defensive Tackle: Arguably our strongest, deepest position with Aaron Donald, Greg Gaines, A'Shawn Robinson, Bobby Brown and Michael Hoecht. A rookie would struggle to break in and find playing time.

I might add edge rusher/OLB to this list if Von Miller is resigned.

Outside of these positions, I can see many possibilities.

RB is not out of the question, as Cam Akers and Darrell Henderson have durability issues and Sony Michel is a UFA.

TE is unlikely, but not out of the question.

OL (any of the positions) is definitely a possibility.

DE and Edge/OLB wouldn't be my first choice, but I would not rule is out (again, particularly if Miller leaves).

CB is always a possibility.

S could be a good value spot.

So, right now, I'm scouting many different types of players!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Three words: Tyler motherfucking Badie.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Unless the the Rams’ brass is sold on either Long or Rochelle taking over CB2 next season...I think a CB would be a good pick there.

WR? Never know. That’s what we thought when VJ was drafted—other pressing needs. I could see it this year, though. Woods is getting up there. OBJ is hurt again, and none of last year’s rookies are exactly proven yet. The Rams have not drafted with the idea of starting rookies on opening day; so I wouldn’t be surprised with a WR here, especially if OBJ is not re-signed.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Is “motherfucking” really one word?
I would argue that motherfucker is one word in the same way badass is. I guess that could apply to motherfucking as a method of differentiating it from "currently engaging in carnal relations with female parents."

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would add TE and RB for that as well.

We are in too big a need for CBs and OL, but safeties who can play nickel wouldn't be out of the question.

I am doubtful on a TE, but I think RB is likely. Just not on day 2.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would argue that motherfucker is one word in the same way badass is. I guess that could apply to motherfucking as a method of differentiating it from "currently engaging in carnal relations with female parents."
So Oedipus was an unwitting mother fucker, and the situation that lead to his downfall was a motherfucker.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
So Oedipus was an unwitting mother fucker, and the situation that lead to his downfall was a motherfucker.
perfection GIF

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I've learned with the Rams that I just shouldn't rule out any position.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My guesses will be:

OL
CB
TE
Edge
RB

as @Kupped stated you can't run out any position with the Rams.
As you know Ram's overall roster is still in a high fluid mode. But currently, this offense is primed to be planned for a serious uptick in the quick scoring effectiveness. This current receiving (WR/SL/TE/RB) unit is the best in the NFL. The OL is still built around the pass protection of Stafford.

In reviewing your guesstimates I would agree with you:thumbsup1:. I would include what I see in order with priority needs.

The top draft emphases would be @ (outside) CB & a serious pass rusher either in the OLB unit or the DL. The reason is the recent questionable future status of the Rams only DL'er who can be an effective pass rusher... Aaron Donald.

The next positions are all about equal.....a pass-blocking HD RB, Blocking TE, & the draft of bonafide starting college OG's no OT's!

Priority Order
CB
ER or DT (Pass Rusher)
OG
TE
RB

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd put my money on CB, Edge, OL. But we know how our Ram's strategic team always leaves us scratching our heads but are usually right more so than wrong. And I'm still giving Tutu the benefit of doubt.