It's the Offense Stupid - 1st Attempt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Outside of LB (maybe CB depth) one thing remains very clear......The offense on this team is holding everything else back. The D can't play to its strengths because it doesn't have leads to work with (or if they do have leads, they don't last long because the offense can't keep them off the field long enough). Too many TOs. Not enough of a good job sustaining drives and sure as hell this offense is missing the lightning strike plays. No long TD runs. No long TD passes.

This 1st attempt tries to rectify that by building a team around the QB who would be groomed to start in 2016, as I'd prefer to let him sit and learn. Now...my WR pick will be a possible head-scratcher, but if Fisher sticks around, he can fix him if he can help keep Janoris out of his weed smoking trouble.

I'm not even going to try to attempt FA pick-ups other than, I agree with most of what jrry has to say, but finagle a solid to stud LB and a solid vet OG/OT swing man.

Cleveland is the only strong trade target I see with a need they probably want to address (WR). Browns currently pick: 16, 23, and have 2 4ths and 2 6ths.

Right now, I think they are looking outside the top WRs who will go before them: Cooper, White. When your leading WR is Hawkins, and "you know who" remains a time bomb in your hand, you can't take chances. Gotta go with the best. And White and Cooper are the best. So trading with us gets them one of those players imo.

I think we end up worse though. Maybe with the 8th overall pick.

I'll riff off jrry and say we get their 23rd, 2nd, 4th, and 6th as well. Seems reasonable. Though I'd consider the 22nd, 2nd, and 3rd if we can really sell their WR hard. So I'll go with that.

1st ROUND

Brett Hundley QB / UCLA

Brett_Hundley_2014_NFL_Draft_Rumors_UCLA_Jay_Z_Roc_Nation.jpg

Like jrry, I'm coming back around. Maybe not quite as polished as a Mariota, but he's got 12 more LBs of solid muscle on him. He looks solid as heck. He's fast for his size, has a big arm for all the throws (and can throw a bullet in a tight window, which Hill and Davis can't and only Bradford can). He also doesn't turn the ball over. 70 passing TDs / 27 rushing TDs / 24 INTs. Get him scrambling for yards instead of all those designed runs, keep him in the pocket, could be lethal if given time to assimilate into the NFL. Hundley is a guy I build around in this draft for next year and through FA.

2nd - 1st Pick

Josue Matias OG / FSU

-c3af356d4499a7be.jpg

More suited right now in pass protection from what I've read, but anything is an upgrade over Joseph and I think pass protection is what is required more right now. He's a colossal beast at 6'6 325. Just imaging him, Saffold, Barks, Robinson, and him makes me happier.

2nd - 2nd Pick

Zach Hodges - OLB/DE Harvard

harv_hodges_zack2.jpg

The LB corps is still one of the weakest units, imo, on this team and still needs that influx of talent. Dunbar is okay, but can be improved upon.

3rd Round - 1st Pick

Andy Gallik C Boston College (Stealing again. Sorry jrry. Center prospects seem few.

3rd Round - 2nd Pick

Dorial Green-Beckham WR OU

Risk, and yet, in the 3rd, not, where I think he's libel to drop. He has the most freakish size, strength, speed combo coming out since Megatron. But as an MU alum, needless to say he was disappointing off the field. Couldn't get out of his own way. I'm not going to make excuses, but when his parents are a no-show (and his mother being a druggie if I remember correctly), in and out of foster homes before getting adopted by his HS coach, a brother recovering from cancer....Not the easiest life. And he decided to keep hanging out with the crap scum of Springfield. Couldn't cut the dead weight. He needs a mentor. Maybe Kenny Britt can help do for DGB what he did for Quick (though by all accounts, Quick seems like a good kid anyway soo....). At any rate, if you can keep him out of trouble, get him a clean mentor, you're getting top 10 talent at the WR position and a guy who could be lethal with Quick and Cook. Janoris' weed problem seems to be largely contained. DGB's could too. I think you just mirror a lot of the stipulations in Janoris' contract with Dorial. Attach Kenny Britt to his hip between games too. Maybe even in the off-season. I don't believe he's beyond saving. Give it a whirl.

What we have left is later rounders. Stock up on DBs and more O-Lineman.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I would take dgb in a second but im not sure he will come out this year. Im still not sold on hundley and I wouldnt mind draft the center from auburn, we know he can run block.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't think that DGB drops into the third round unless he gets arrested again. He has Randy Moss-like talent without the effort concerns. But there's simply no way I take a chance on him. There's just too many character risks, and the wide receiver class is as stacked as I've ever seen it.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
the wide receiver class is as stacked as I've ever seen it.

Which is another reason why he may just fall. Some good WRs that can help teams and if DGB enters, they may just avoid him.

Remember that Josh Gordon went in the supplemental draft and his issues weren't as bad as DGB's have been imo. Granted, he had only one year, but Dorial only has 2 if he comes out.