In the path of Helene

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hunker down. This one keeps growing! Why does it have to be coming right at me again?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@Ramhusker

That bitch's eye is headed straight for Tally and you guys are nearly right behind that. They say it may be a Cat 4 by landfall late today.

Sure hope it loses strength fast. This bitch is a fast moving storm... fast movers do weaken faster than slow movers when they hit landfall. Slow movers are the most destructive storms by far. Fast movers do tend to bring bigger wind gusts though because you really should add the storms movement speed to the wind speed for a true total but they don't do that. All hurricanes suck... but a fast one is the lesser of the two evils.

Check in when you can my Brudda!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Ramhusker

That bitch's eye is headed straight for Tally and you guys are nearly right behind that. They say it may be a Cat 4 by landfall late today.

Sure hope it loses strength fast. This bitch is a fast moving storm... fast movers do weaken faster than slow movers when they hit landfall. Slow movers are the most destructive storms by far. Fast movers do tend to bring bigger wind gusts though because you really should add the storms movement speed to the wind speed for a true total but they don't do that. All hurricanes suck... but a fast one is the lesser of the two evils.

Check in when you can my Brudda!
Yeah, a saving grace when a storm is 200 miles wide. Good thing is we haven’t got a lot of rain before it gets here. The poor people an hour west of here have had a deluge. That’s not a good combination.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Be safe all. Life over property but I hope both make it out ok.
Yeah, some poor bastards down on the gulf coast have recently let their insurance lapse because it has gotten so damn expensive. They really need prayers right about now.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I'm living in Asheville now and it's been pouring rain here for 3 days already and then we're going to get another 3 days from Helene.
We're looking at over a foot of rain with the ground already saturated.

Prayers for everybody south of here.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm living in Asheville now and it's been pouring rain here for 3 days already and then we're going to get another 3 days from Helene.
We're looking at over a foot of rain with the ground already saturated.

Prayers for everybody south of here.
Watch out for some mud slides. That’s too much rain for the mountains.