In a deep draft it’s hard to get a grip on the best 100 players or in which order

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
There is a lot of talent partly due to the impact of Covid. There is very little if any consensus once you move past the top picks and even then little drop off in talent beyond around pick 20

We could take any posted evaluation, for example, this one and bet good money some of the players listed in the top 50 will be drafted day 3

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Nmj45OI2Q

Past 50 it’s even more difficult. I hate to say it but PFF is about the best I have seen. That said, their stats are hardly projecting potential growth especially in younger players

Perhaps, we can post top 50/100 lists that we see as best or even dare post our own?

Last edited:

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Thanks for all of the links. After listening to many many podcasts for months, I think I prefer the PFF guys to the rest. They really liked Puka Nacua and Kobe Turner last year and gave the Rams a great review after the draft. They were dead on with all of it.

But, they admit that the best are not correct even 50% of the time so we should just take it all for what it’s worth. Even the pros like coaches and NFL GMs are getting these picks wrong every year.

McVay seems to think that they are onto something with their evals and finding the right kind of players. Is that overconfidence after a successful draft, or is he right? I hope he’s right.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
They really liked Puka Nacua and Kobe Turner last year and gave the Rams a great review after the draft. They were dead on with all of it.

But, they admit that the best are not correct even 50% of the time so we should just take it all for what it’s worth.
I think after you get past the top 20, it's a crap shoot. Not that there isn't talent to be had in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds. You have to have some amount of luck despite all the research and scouting you perform. Thing is, some guys drop (who shouldn't) and some evals are way off resulting in finds like Puka, Kyren, Fuller, etc.. If the big boards (including NFL teams) are only 50% accurate, then if you're drafting 10-11 players, expecting more than 5 or 6 keepers is fantasy. That's not saying you can't come up with more but that's where the luck really comes in.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reading and hearing a lot of discussion that Nix isn't as high on boards either teams as with fans and pundits. Also saw one thing with Fuaga to the Raiders at 13 and they trade back into the first for Penix.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Reading and hearing a lot of discussion that Nix isn't as high on boards either teams as with fans and pundits. Also saw one thing with Fuaga to the Raiders at 13 and they trade back into the first for Penix.
Trice has fallen on some boards following the combine so it will be interesting to see where he is drafted. If later day 2 or day 3, I would back him to outplay his draft spot.

How far might Nix fall? His arm strength is the biggest concern but he looks like he could shine in a west coast offense given probably at least two years to develop

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Thanks for all of the links. After listening to many many podcasts for months, I think I prefer the PFF guys to the rest. They really liked Puka Nacua and Kobe Turner last year and gave the Rams a great review after the draft. They were dead on with all of it.

But, they admit that the best are not correct even 50% of the time so we should just take it all for what it’s worth. Even the pros like coaches and NFL GMs are getting these picks wrong every year.

McVay seems to think that they are onto something with their evals and finding the right kind of players. Is that overconfidence after a successful draft, or is he right? I hope he’s right.
The two gentlemen who do the vids are very good I agree. They're also my go-to stream on draft night now. Or they were. I am hearing this year they are streaming on FUBO so if they're not on youtube I'll watch someone else's stream.

This is why I keep saying the Rams should do their own draft show. I know they have put a lot of effort into live draft events. But aside from that they should be running a stream focused on the picks and commentary on them from the Rams perspective. Put that shit on their website free and they can jack that feed into the live events as needed to fill time.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
As I’ve said before, this site gives a consensus draft order based upon hundreds of mocks.

It isn’t just one person’s opinion. And it’s updated daily.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The two gentlemen who do the vids are very good I agree. They're also my go-to stream on draft night now. Or they were. I am hearing this year they are streaming on FUBO so if they're not on youtube I'll watch someone else's stream.

This is why I keep saying the Rams should do their own draft show. I know they have put a lot of effort into live draft events. But aside from that they should be running a stream focused on the picks and commentary on them from the Rams perspective. Put that shit on their website free and they can jack that feed into the live events as needed to fill time.
Tice and Mayes will be doing their show live on youtube for first round if you want to check it out.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler

In a separate report the say that Javon Baker and Jalen McMillan will both outplay their draft position in a deep WR draft. There are some interesting names on this list that some here have mentioned