I'm in town for once and the Rams are out of town

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I'm in town for the week. Are there any groups from the board gathering to watch the game today? I'm staying out by Lambert and would love to join you guys and finally meet some of ya.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm in town for the week. Are there any groups from the board gathering to watch the game today? I'm staying out by Lambert and would love to join you guys and finally meet some of ya.
It's just a short (130mile) cab ride over to my place if ya wanna come over, say the word and I'll thaw out some bockwurst and we'll tip a few:wink:

BTW which airline are you with?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good to see you, jetplt67!

Unfortunately, I'm some 2700km away! :lol:

Enjoy your stay in STL!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

Enjoy your stay in STL!
CG did you ever in your time in the CG area venture to P'ville for the bockwurst?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
CG did you ever in your time in the CG area venture to P'ville for the bockwurst?

I've been there, but cannot remember the name of the place. If I remember right, it was off HWY 61? I can't remember what I ate... but it was not the bockwurst.

I can say this; my favorite restaurant around there is El Torrero. I miss that place! There is no Mexican food around here outside of Taco Bell.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I've been there, but cannot remember the name of the place. If I remember right, it was off HWY 61? I can't remember what I ate... but it was not the bockwurst.

I can say this; my favorite restaurant around there is El Torrero. I miss that place! There is no Mexican food around here outside of Taco Bell.

I don't even know if bockwurst is served in any restaurants there,I always get mine at a sausage shop called Stonies.
Bock worst is named for bock beer which according to lore "ripens" the same time each year and the spices and herbs used in it are only at their best in early May.

Story goes ,the brew masters would pour the beer on an oak bench and then sit in it for a few beers /specified time ..........wearing leather pants so as to keep from getting their rumps wet,if when they stood up the bench stuck to them adequately to lift it from the ground ,the beer was ready,if not try again tomorrow:woot:

Yeah El Torrero is good but there's a new place in town, El Sol on Broadway across from Hauk Stadium,it's run by a guy named Alvero Munoz,married to my neice that is quite good. I'd watch for it to get franchised he has some very wealthy backing / fans among them some of the Drury's,in fact almost ALL of the "Catholic Mafia" here love Al like a brother.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't even know if bockwurst is served in any restaurants there,I always get mine at a sausage shop called Stonies.
Bock worst is named for bock beer which according to lore "ripens" the same time each year and the spices and herbs used in it are only at their best in early May.

Story goes ,the brew masters would pour the beer on an oak bench and then sit in it for a few beers /specified time ..........wearing leather pants so as to keep from getting their rumps wet,if when they stood up the bench stuck to them adequately to lift it from the ground ,the beer was ready,if not try again tomorrow:woot:

Yeah El Torrero is good but there's a new place in town, El Sol on Broadway across from Hauk Stadium,it's run by a guy named Alvero Munoz,married to my neice that is quite good. I'd watch for it to get franchised he has some very wealthy backing / fans among them some of the Drury's,in fact almost ALL of the "Catholic Mafia" here love Al like a brother.

I'm flying into St. Louis for Thanksgiving and making a trip to Cape on Friday. I might have to try El Sol... but my taste buds are dying for El Torrero's Enchilada Supreme!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I'm flying into St. Louis for Thanksgiving and making a trip to Cape on Friday. I might have to try El Sol... but my taste buds are dying for El Torrero's Enchilada Supreme!
And I'm going to Colorado or I'd join you,if you get by El Sol ask for Al and tell him I sent you.

jetplt67

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's just a short (130mile) cab ride over to my place if ya wanna come over, say the word and I'll thaw out some bockwurst and we'll tip a few:wink:

BTW which airline are you with?

Oh sweet. I was going to jog 260 miles today, might as well kill 2 birds with one stone. :heh:
I've been with a few airlines over the past 18 years. The last one was Copa Airlines down in Panama, now I'm flying a corporate jet out of Scottsdale and most importantly, home every night.
Are you in the biz?

jetplt67

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Enjoy your stay in STL!

Thanks CGI, great to hear from you too. Miss you over at the other site.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Dang Jet... First of all great to see you here my friend. If I would have had a few weeks heads up, I would have drove over and watched game with you, or invited you out here. Whichever worked. I know a few who go to BWW for the game but not sure if they are this week. Haven't seen JamRam around for awhile.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Oh sweet. I was going to jog 260 miles today, might as well kill 2 birds with one stone. :heh:
I've been with a few airlines over the past 18 years. The last one was Copa Airlines down in Panama, now I'm flying a corporate jet out of Scottsdale and most importantly, home every night.
Are you in the biz?

Nah, IMA ORF,old retired fart