Ikea..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Have any of you guys had the unfortunate pleasure of going to this place?

Up until today, neither have I.

I have always managed to avoid this place and conveniently always had something going on when the wife asked me to go with her.

Today no longer. My number finally got drawn.

I have never hated mankind as much as I did today.

Fuck that place!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm glad to say I have not.
Sounds like you had quite the experience though. Care to share?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
My wife and I spent ALL weekend there shortly after we moved-in together - like 12 yrs ago. Not only did we spend like 20hrs at the store that weekend, but then we spent every night the following week assemblying all the furniture we'd bought. we figured if we could pass the IKEA test together than maybe the relationship was sufficiently battle tested. Anyway, neither of us have been back since, and have no desired to return anytime soon. So yeah, I think we understand your pain :)

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
I'm glad to say I have not.
Sounds like you had quite the experience though. Care to share?

no.

I am the type the prefers to suppress traumatic experiences.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I've ordered stuff from them, and put it together, but I've never actually gone into the store. I didn't even know it was that bad.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd rather go to an Ikea any day before Wal-Mart!

Phx, what was wrong with your Ikea trip exactly?

I've only been to the ones in the Toronto GTA. They were both new stores and well laid out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Never been. But I do say my interest is piqued now. Nice going man. :what:

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will get into it later.. I will say this though, I am still assembling the damn furniture.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
PhxRam said:
I will get into it later.. I will say this though, I am still assembling the damn furniture.
good luck with that ;)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
PhxRam said:
I know what you're talking about. The instructions seem to have been written by engineers ... Swedish engineers. Either that or lego enthusiasts. No words, just pictures.

But there's a kid in me, so I rarely have a problem.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I refuse to put furniture together anymore. It's too aggravating, and I almost ALWAYS put one part (usually a shelf) on upside down or backwards. Then when you flip the thing over, after it's all assembled, you see your fuck up.

tumblr-leycugv4ud1qe0eclo1-500.gif