If the rams draft 2nd overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OhioRam

Rookie
I really hope for a trade down and these are the few players I like.
Jake Matthews
Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
Johnny Manziel
All in that order

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No to any OL in the 1st or 2nd for me. I want a proven vet.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
No Clowney? Manziel scares me. I wouldn't draft him outside the 3rd or 4th but if you could get him late he'd be worth a flyer there!

Think we'll trade down though. I'm sure Snead and Fish have the guys they like identified and they'll have an idea of whereabouts they'll go so they'll try and shift their position about and acquire more picks in doing so.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Mathews is the only one that may be worthy of the 2nd pick and that's not a given at this point. Evans and Watkins not sure if top ten picks yet, but with a trade down sure. Johnny Football has a 1st rd name and 4th rd talent.

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
If we took Clowney man our d-line would be BONKERS!!! However, I remember all the hype following Suh. And he hasn't lived up to it. Or Mario Williams since he went to to Buffalo.. I'd like to get help on O line and WR.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm either taking Clowney or trading down for Mike Evans.
I'd have to agree with this. Take Clowney at 2 or trade down and get someone like Evans. I hate drafting O-lineman high so don't even get me started on drafting Matthews.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm really hoping Cleveland wants to give us their (2) 1st round picks for the Washington pick.

...and I wouldn't be heart broken if we traded our No.14 (or wherever it ends up) down for someone elses 1st and 2nd...:cheese: But I guess thats just me being greedy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, I'm on Mathews and Clowney at that spot.

But, I bet we get trade offers worthy of consideration.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Matthews would be my choice at #2 I'd hope that Snead can work his magic and move the trade for additional picks and Josh Gordon. That would be best case scenario, fill the WR slot with a proven player and still get 2 first round picks to help with the secondary

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I want us to get an impact player, if it means we keep our pick or trade down it makes no difference to me. But I absolutely want an impact guy. F another player with potential, give me a starter.
We need to be a worst to 1st team next year and we can do that with he right picks. If we can sign a top notch free agent I'm down with that too.

WvuIN02

Starter
No to any OL in the 1st or 2nd for me. I want a proven vet.

That is not the recipe used by the top teams. You build via the draft, mold players to fit your system, and let them walk when they get to their big contracts unless they are vital. Rinse, repeat, SB trophies.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Matthews would be my choice at #2 I'd hope that Snead can work his magic and move the trade for additional picks and Josh Gordon. That would be best case scenario, fill the WR slot with a proven player and still get 2 first round picks to help with the secondary
I think if the Browns were going to move Gordon they would have done it when they traded Richardson...at this point the Browns brass would be ran out of town for dumping Gordon.

V3

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I'm on Mathews and Clowney at that spot.

But, I bet we get trade offers worthy of consideration.

Just out of curiosity, who would teams be trading up for? I'm assuming Bridgewater is going #1. What player is going to have other teams wanting to trade up to get? I honestly don't know.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think if the Browns were going to move Gordon they would have done it when they traded Richardson...at this point the Browns brass would be ran out of town for dumping Gordon.
I have to admit I don't know why they would but the rumors of him being available have to come from somewhere??? And I always start dreaming big every off season thinking at some point the Rams will be a viable franchise again.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just out of curiosity, who would teams be trading up for? I'm assuming Bridgewater is going #1. What player is going to have other teams wanting to trade up to get? I honestly don't know.
Carr has been getting some interest too and moving up some of the boards.

A55VA6

Legend
The combine and draft study will have teams fall in love with players and they'll try and jump up. There's always a few teams that do.

fearsomefour

Legend
If we took Clowney man our d-line would be BONKERS!!! However, I remember all the hype following Suh. And he hasn't lived up to it. Or Mario Williams since he went to to Buffalo.. I'd like to get help on O line and WR.
If we draft Clowney that means we are either cutting Long or not resigning Quinn in the long term.
Suh is a very solid DT. Williams was good. Problem is when you take a DE that high you expect 20 sacks a year and that just doesnt happen much.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'm not much for trading down if a elite player is on the board.
The team needs more elite players like Quinn to put them over the top. Position they play isn't that big of a deal, room can be made for them. 2 elite players would help the team more than 4 just good players.