If It Really Comes Down to Bradford; Some Big Upgrades from Last Year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just been getting a steady dose of the talking heads, lately. Bottom line is I don't think it's ever come down to just Bradford. How many games was Bradford truly the lone deciding factor in a loss? We've lost most of our games over Bradford's tenure because we didn't have enough talent. We didn't have enough guys getting open or we couldn't protect the QB. A HUGE factor in the beginning of last year was we couldn't run the ball.

I can remember a few plays where Sam over threw a wide open Gibson or over threw a deep ball, but hell every QB does that. Heck, our two top WR's over Sam's tenure (Gibson and Ammendola) haven't done much on their other teams.

Saying it all comes down to Bradford is as Cliche' as saying "Yeah, but what the Seahawks and Niners." We owned our division two years ago. I'll play Devil's advocate, though.

Let's say it really does all come down to Bradford. This means he's getting good protection and guys are getting open. It's laughable to think Bradford won't get it done! Bradford has and will carve defenses if everyone is doing their job. Did you know Bradford was #8 in QB's in fantasy points through the first 7 games last year? How the hell do they overlook that? He was the best QB in the division until he tore his ACL. Heck, as long as he be who was last year with no set backs, he is the best QB in the NFCW. Yeah, that means he's better than Wilson.

Fact is I find it a little hard to imagine all of the supporting cast playing at the level they should. It was suppose to happen last year. But hey, a lot has changed since week 1 2013.

Week 1 last season had some huge question marks.

-OG's were marginal at best
-Wells couldn't stay healthy
-Saffold couldn't hold up at RT
- Richardson was our RB by default
-our young WR's were struggling to find their footing.
-We had NO identity

That means Sam was almost the only guy on offense that could hold his own

Let's see what's changed.

-Our OG's are freaking beasts at worste
-Wells is still the guy, but Jones is ready
-Barks played very well at RT, Saffold is one helluva G (Beattle Juice! Beatle Juice! Beatle Juice!)
-Stacy is Sam good, Mason is a very good back up. Both are way better than Rich
-WR's got another year under their belt with added protection in the trenches. That looms large for our second and third year guys. We even have a veteran that had "True #1" ability. It's a much better situation anyway u look at it.
- Thank God we have an identity. We didn't know what the heck to do when our young WR's were overloaded in the spread offense and Rich didn't have their back. Sam just had to check the ball, of which he got ripped for. Zac Stacy and the OL will bludgeon oppents and Sam will clean up when defenses get too frisky at the LOS.

It's going to be a helpless feeling when our opponents's defenses are gassed late in the third quarter and the Rams are already up 7 or more. That's how we're gonna win.

Running attacks are like body shots on boxers. They don't hurt so much in the beginning, but later in the fight it's a cause for major concern. The boxers start dropping their hands a bit and BOOM!!! The unexpected happens (Bradford Bomb!!!)

The media and haters's ignorance to our team pisses me off beyond recognition. Ignorance is bliss and they choose not to see the truth. It hurts less if they lie to themselves, but the truth (game day) will set Rams fans free.

It's almost that time, fellas

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
The revelations of solid player Barksdale at RT and monster mauler Saffold at RG were huge. If Long is healthy, man... this is gon' be fun to watch on offense.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The revelations of solid player Barksdale at RT and monster mauler Saffold at RG were huge. If Long is healthy, man... this is gon' be fun to watch on offense.

We still have really good plan B's if Long does go down. We can slide Saffold or Robinson to LT and plug in Jones or Joseph. We've come a very long way since Adam Goldberg.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The only loss I remember ever thinking was partially on Bradford was against the Jets in 2012. We should have squashed them and he just did not play very well. Otherwise, when a guy is open, he will hit them in stride.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
IMO Sam will be a little rusty thru the BYE week but that's doesn't mean we can't win the first 3 games. It's hard to imagine him slinging the ball around and moving in the pocket as well as he did before. Once it's time to Philly he will back back to the Sam we witnessed before the injury

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The only loss I remember ever thinking was partially on Bradford was against the Jets in 2012. We should have squashed them and he just did not play very well. Otherwise, when a guy is open, he will hit them in stride.

Yeah he was off vs the Jets that year.

I'm only worried about Sam's health. I believe in his ability.

tbux

Rookie
I think he will be full go week one without any issues. I agree only injuries scare me- because a healthy Sam with this Oline and run game will be very good. Ive seen throws that he has made that only a handful of QBs can make. I think Sam is going to have a very good year.