if clowney is drafted

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
It might be a good thing to stay put at 2 to draft clowney. With are new dc he would be on the feild alot. gw is a very creative coach. you would probley see clowney some dt,de, and some lb he is fast enough to play some lb on passing downs. thoughts?

jjab360

Legend
A D-line of Quinn-Clowney-Hayes-Long would be something to behold, that's for sure.

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes it would. it would make are dbs alot better to. less time to throw less time to cover.

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
Thank god he is fired. A kid who is mentaly disabled and lives in a group home could have did a better job then walten.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Why is Brockers being left out of all these Clowney conversations? The man child would be HUGE with double teams on both DEs.

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
He is huge on are dl. adding clowney makes everyone better on the line.o

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm on board with Clowney if our coaches beleive the hype. It would be orgasmic to watch third and longs (7+ yards).

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Someone said if we draft Clowney we could have the best DL and the worst OL in the NFL. I'm not sure that's the way to go.

Realistically, I think we are trading down regardless if Clowney is there or not. And I think that's the right move.

One thing I do believe is that Houston is not trading down a few spots and taking a QB. If they decide Bridgewater is their guy, they are gonna take him at #1. They aren't gonna trade down with Atlanta, for example, and hope the QB they want is there at #6.

When all is said and done, I'll be shocked if the Texans don't take a QB at #1. So Clowney will be there at #2. Will someone trade up for him? Maybe. Will someone trade up for Manziel? Probably. So the opportunity should be there for Snead to trade down, and he will.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
LOL, I don't see how drafting Clowney infers that out OL becomes the worst in the NFL.

It's really unlikely to me that they let Saffold, Dahl and Wells go and don't sign at least one veteran. Seeing as they already have starters at both tackle positions, it's not likely they'll sign another. But I could see them drafting a tackle this year with an eye to the future. For sure I see them drafting and signing a guard.

And I so agree that trading down is the right move for this team.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
LOL, I don't see how drafting Clowney infers that out OL becomes the worst in the NFL.

It's really unlikely to me that they let Saffold, Dahl and Wells go and don't sign at least one veteran. Seeing as they already have starters at both tackle positions, it's not likely they'll sign another. But I could see them drafting a tackle this year with an eye to the future. For sure I see them drafting and signing a guard.

And I so agree that trading down is the right move for this team.

I think you mean implies.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Someone said if we draft Clowney we could have the best DL and the worst OL in the NFL. I'm not sure that's the way to go.

Realistically, I think we are trading down regardless if Clowney is there or not. And I think that's the right move.

One thing I do believe is that Houston is not trading down a few spots and taking a QB. If they decide Bridgewater is their guy, they are gonna take him at #1. They aren't gonna trade down with Atlanta, for example, and hope the QB they want is there at #6.

When all is said and done, I'll be shocked if the Texans don't take a QB at #1. So Clowney will be there at #2. Will someone trade up for him? Maybe. Will someone trade up for Manziel? Probably. So the opportunity should be there for Snead to trade down, and he will.

We'd still have a second and first round pick. If we trade the 13th pick then we could probably pick up another second rounder. We could still fix it. Not to mention we don't know what's gonna happen in free agency, either. Maybe Saffold gives us the Ram discount?