I Miss These Days!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Used to use the Glendale Fwy (?) entrance at north end of the complex and park near the entrance/exit. Used to get out of the stadium in 10 mins while everybody else, especially the ones trying to get to Stadium Way, sat for half an hour...
Yeah that was an easy one as well. I used it when I lived in Glendale for 8 years

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Okay so I'm a tad confused on this...The Dallas Cowboys played in Irving, until their new Stadium was built in Arlington, they never played in Dallas. The New York Football Giants last played in New York at the old Yankee Stadium back in the early 70's and same with the New York Jets as both teams play in New Jersey. The San Francisco 49ers currently play in Santa Clara and are still called the San Francisco 49ers.

When the Rams moved to Anaheim I win didn't like it either because I thought the Coliseum field was DT to see the Ramsbetter and I could not stand the dirt on the field when teams shared stadiums, but the Rams were still called the Los Angeles Rams back then, however, when the Raiders moved to the Coliseum it bothered me somewhat.
Didn’t they call the Angels the Anaheim Angels.

I didn’t g
Did not come across that much in Upstate NY, however, anytime I ran into a Raider fan I would tell them to be a Raider fan you have to be worth a dime from the neck up.

The Autumn Wind is a pirate.
Blustering in from sea,
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a silver hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.
i didn’t get to watch much Ram football back then. Sunday was work day for the family ( clean the house work in the yard). Plus we didn’t ever get the Rams on TV nor heard about them in the papers aside from the playoff games.

I always figured they were called the Anaheim Rams back then. The Angels were the Anaheim Angels for a while weren’t they?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
The Los Angeles Rams of Anaheim

(those that live here will get this)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I always figured they were called the Anaheim Rams back then. The Angels were the Anaheim Angels for a while weren’t they?
They were the California Angeles for the longest time, changed to the Anaheim Angeles in 1996 the Rams were in St. Louis by then

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Thread Winner new topic! I was only there once, way too young to just remember a lot. Funny Sun Devil Stadium, the Cardinals main home game was where ASU played too, natural grass. Quite a trip looking back at all those Rams AT Cardinals games I went to in Tempe, AZ. Off memory met Steve Young, Jerry Rice, a ton of Steelers in 1997?, Jerome the Bus Bettis rookie year talked to us for 10 minutes, Steve DeBerg yes the Buccaneers QB. My Dad and I met likely 200 players in person back then, all different teams, back then they all exited from the same spot and MOST actually said hello, shook your hand, signed whatever, pictures, you name it. Cardinals included. Cool shit. We're all just people in different occupations, some have more highlights.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The Dallas Cowboys played in Irving, until their new Stadium was built in Arlington, they never played in Dallas
The Cowboys played home games in the Cotton Bowl from their founding until Texas Stadium in Irving was built.

At the state fairgrounds in Dallas.

Tano

Legend
The Cowboys played home games in the Cotton Bowl from their founding until Texas Stadium in Irving was built.

At the state fairgrounds in Dallas.
Then they should have changed their name to the Irving Cowboys

fearsomefour

Legend
I had season tickets the 92 and 93 seasons at the Big A. I was a teenager and it was the first purchase I made saving up my own money from working a job.
The team was terrible, won 7 home game over those two years. Did see two shut out wins, vs the Steelers and Patriots, which was unusual. Considering they won, I think, 11 games those two years I was lucky to see those 7 wins. I had two tickets and would struggle to find people who wanted to go sometimes. I was living in San Diego at the time so it was a couple hour drive each way on a Sunday.
There was one girl who didn't hesitate to go when I asked, even though she wasn't into football and had never been to a game before.
We are still together 27 years later and she is a rabid Rams fan now. To the point I have to be the calm during games, haha.
There was one beer vendor, an older lady, who would sell me beer on the down low if I was at the game with a girl even though she knew I was under age. Not enough to get drunk just a beer or maybe two.
The team wasn't great, the crowds were often sparse, the traffic was bad and the sight lines were terrible for football.....but, those were great days at the Big A.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
My family had season tickets in Anaheim from the day the Rams arrived until they left.

I miss this stadium and the Rams playing on that field. There were so many fun days at this place, and watching the Rams play outdoors in the sun, with those uniforms, cannot be beat.
View attachment 54286
I went to a few games there , and when they originally played as the home team at the Coliseum.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay so I'm a tad confused on this...The Dallas Cowboys played in Irving, until their new Stadium was built in Arlington, they never played in Dallas. The New York Football Giants last played in New York at the old Yankee Stadium back in the early 70's and same with the New York Jets as both teams play in New Jersey. The San Francisco 49ers currently play in Santa Clara and are still called the San Francisco 49ers.

When the Rams moved to Anaheim I didn't like it either because I thought the Coliseum field was better and I could not stand the dirt on the field when teams shared stadiums, but the Rams were still called the Los Angeles Rams back then, however, when the Raiders moved to the Coliseum it bothered me somewhat.
When I introduce myself to someone new I say, “Hi I’m Neil from Colorado (long dramatic pause)…Springs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My family had season tickets in Anaheim from the day the Rams arrived until they left.

I miss this stadium and the Rams playing on that field. There were so many fun days at this place, and watching the Rams play outdoors in the sun, with those uniforms, cannot be beat.
View attachment 54286
Sorry. I have to say that was the worst venue I've ever watched a football game in. I remember thinking I had bought great seats to one game only to find out they were behind the third base dugout. The players looked like little kids. I loved the Coliseum as a kid. Big A? Not so much.

fearsomefour

Legend
Sorry. I have to say that was the worst venue I've ever watched a football game in. I remember thinking I had bought great seats to one game only to find out they were behind the third base dugout. The players looked like little kids. I loved the Coliseum as a kid. Big A? Not so much.
It was just strange.
The was no seat in the place that was square to the field. Even 50 yard line seats the field was at an angle.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
What I liked about the Big A was ease of access. Quick shot down to garden grove freeway then 57 and you're there. So much easier than the Coliseum. This is why most of my games I attended as a kid were the Angels. Later on in my teens we'd hit a game then Disneyland sometimes on the weekend.

But that era is bitter due to the fact Georgia was looking for an out. LA didn't like her, which was valid on the heels of what was one of the league's best owners prior to her shitty window of ownership.
As a north OC kid growing up, I absolutely loved going to Anaheim over the Coliseum, plus my friend’s dad had a suite too—pure luxury for me.

But yeah, aesthetically, that was one ugly place to play in. It was a lot cooler when they still had the open outfield.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
They were almost the Dallas Steers!
Wait. Seriously? I never heard that before. If only they stuck with it. :laugh3:

Edit—Here’s some more:

”Known initially as the Steers — and then the Rangers — the franchise settled on calling themselves the Cowboys in March 1960.”

Last edited: