Hypothetical History: Without "The Tackle", do Rams win SB34?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If Super Bowl XXXIV went into overtime, who wins the game?

• Whoever wins the coin flip.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Rams win regardless of coin flip results.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Titans win regardless of coin flip results.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Snake, you've created a time paradox!

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Imagine for a second that Mike Jones doesn't make "The Tackle" and the Titans tie Super Bowl 34 at 23-23.

Who do you think would win the game?

While I'll always pull for the good guys, that defense was gassed in the 4th quarter and it really scared me.

(Hopefully this poll will be more clear than my last one.)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They were gassed on the final drive, and understandably so with its pace.

The Rams were the better team. I think they win, regardless. That's my vote.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Do not try to take away our only superbowl trophy. If anyone deserves to have a trophy (or three) taken away from them, it's the cheatriots.

fearsomefour

Legend
Rams were the better team. Thinking back to that game a couple of things. If that game goes to OT and the Rams win the toss or get a stop Warner may have well finished with more than 460 yards passing in that game.
Also one of the real forgotten heros of that game is Todd Lyght with his blocked FG. The game was still fun to watch with a tie on the line. I couldn't have handled it if that play was for the win.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I would have had a heart attack if it went to OT. I practically did as it was.
I remember my chest pounding so hard on that last drive that I told my wife to have the phone ready for 911. :LOL:

Did I read somewhere that Fisher would have gone for 2? Maybe I just dreamed that but it seems like the sort of thing he's crazy enough to do.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did I read somewhere that Fisher would have gone for 2? Maybe I just dreamed that but it seems like the sort of thing he's crazy enough to do.
I hadn't heard about that. I wouldn't put it past Fisher if he thought the Rams defense was running on fumes.

Which would either make him a genius or the national laughingstock the next day.

RFIP

I voted Rams win regardless.

Here's a side bar: Without "The Holding", do Rams win SB36?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think the larger question is,had he missed that tackle and the Titans won ,does DV retire ,do we realize we needed more young blood on that defense rebuild it a year sooner with better players and win the next three Super Bowls ,the last two with Al Saunders as our HC because Martz was hired as HC at Washington taking Green back there with him,Lovie never goes to Chicago cuz he never comes here instead he goes to Washington who we beat in the NFC championship two years hence instead of Philly who can't win their division cuz they can't get past Martz .
After winning three SB's in a row the city and county discover there are 20,000 more requests for season tickets than there are seats in the Ed and they begin construction in 2007 of an 80,000 seat retractable dome the financing for which falls through in the financial meltdown of the housing bubble and E. Stanley Kroenke steps in with his own funds to finish the project ,buys controlling interest lures Fisher away from the Titans and we get Fish sooner.?

I love when that happens (in my best Billy Crystal voice)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think the larger question is,had he missed that tackle and the Titans won ,does DV retire ,do we realize we needed more young blood on that defense rebuild it a year sooner with better players and win the next three Super Bowls ,the last two with Al Saunders as our HC because Martz was hired as HC at Washington taking Green back there with him,Lovie never goes to Chicago cuz he never comes here instead he goes to Washington who we beat in the NFC championship two years hence instead of Philly who can't win their division cuz they can't get past Martz .
After winning three SB's in a row the city and county discover there are 20,000 more requests for season tickets than there are seats in the Ed and they begin construction in 2007 of an 80,000 seat retractable dome the financing for which falls through in the financial meltdown of the housing bubble and E. Stanley Kroenke steps in with his own funds to finish the project ,buys controlling interest lures Fisher away from the Titans and we get Fish sooner.?

I love when that happens (in my best Billy Crystal voice)

This is the kind of revisionist history I can get behind.