Hype train in full effect

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
It’s starting already, first off the 9ers are undefeated and in first place, so props for that, but now Garapalo is back to being the next Brady and Shanny the next Belichick. Guy on the radio was talking about McVay’s time in Washington, he said McVay was the charismatic one and he’s turned into a very good coach but Shanny was the real genius. McVay’s success is tied to his system which is being figured out whereas what Shanny does is flexible like New England.
Interesting take, of course going to nfc championships and the SB puts a target on your back for every team in the league and drafting in the top 5 allows the 9ers to stockpile talent. They’ve also gotten to fatten up on the afc north, but you can’t play teams with losing records all year unless you’re NE so I guess we’ll see.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, do yourself a favor and don’t watch the talking heads. After our first loss, I basically stopped watching all the shows and make this place and the actual game my fun with football. Nothing they say will change the game whatsoever, and their views morph with every game. in Collingsworth case, he could morph with every big play. My neck hurt trying to keep up with his rapid back and forth commentary.
Jmho

oldnotdead

Legend
Good, the bigger the hype the bigger the fall. The media doesn't bother looking at who they have played. I still say they end up #3 in the division. I don't think the media types have a clue about what they are seeing. Jimmy G isn't a polished elite QB. He breaks down under pressure. They have a decent TE and one WR and two good RB's. Their D looks good against marginal teams. We will see how good they are or aren't when they play the Rams and SeaHawks. There front 4 are very good. They are the strength of the team. But as the Bears have found out, a team with a defense but no offense ain't going far and the Niner D isn't nearly as good as the Bears D.

dang

Legend
That’s why they play the game. Simply Stop the hype by beating the 69ers.
It won’t be easy but it is clearly achievable.

The Ramowl

Starter
I think they have great momentum, and doing what they did to the Browns is not so easy. I am hyped for that game on Sunday and actually happy to have a division that is alive again. I like Cowherd, I think he usually ends up being mostly right about what's going on. He was the first to see the new Rams for what they were when McVay arrived, he is very high on SF.
The game this week is an absolute must win. I believe we might see a big game for Gurley, we need to establish the run. We just need to not get burnt in the backfield and our DL to get to Garappolo, I also see a big game for AD.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
There is some truth and hyperbole in that article. McVay still needs to show more flexibility. The league has caught on to us but last week vs Seattle I thought our offense looked best it has this season

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is some truth and hyperbole in that article. McVay still needs to show more flexibility. The league has caught on to us but last week vs Seattle I thought our offense looked best it has this season

We're currently 5th in YPG and 6th in PPG (29.2 per game), after playing a decently tough schedule out of the gates. We can all agree that our OL is still gelling and the offense hasn't started to fire on all cylinders yet. If that's what we can do when the NFL has caught onto us, I shudder to think what we'll do when McVay fully lands his counter punch. ;)

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 49ers look to be the real deal and JG looks to be as well.
I don't think JG does, at all. Unless you are just looking at his W-L, and while some believe that the QB is solely responsible for that, I don't. He has some bad mechanical flaws, that lead to him not being accurate over about 10-15 yards. I think just about every QB could be as successful as him this year, with the teams they have played, and they way they have run the ball.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
We're currently 5th in YPG and 6th in PPG (29.2 per game), after playing a decently tough schedule out of the gates. We can all agree that our OL is still gelling and the offense hasn't started to fire on all cylinders yet. If that's what we can do when the NFL has caught onto us, I shudder to think what we'll do when McVay fully lands his counter punch. ;)

As I have said before the offense did not cost the Rams the 2 losses, the blame for these losses falls squarely on Wade and the defense. You are not going to win many games in the NFL giving up 30 and 55 points. The offense may not have been at it's best put they put up enough points to win both of these games. If the defense does not improve they will lose again this Sunday!

nighttrain

Legend
As I have said before the offense did not cost the Rams the 2 losses, the blame for these losses falls squarely on Wade and the defense. You are not going to win many games in the NFL giving up 30 and 55 points. The offense may not have been at it's best put they put up enough points to win both of these games. If the defense does not improve they will lose again this Sunday!
be nice if Refs cALLed even half the holding against AD
train

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am waiting on the counter as well, I think we saw a bit of it with the tight ends last week. as far as the league catching up with us I think they've taken away some of the routes that have been really efficient for us but expanding the offense with the tight ends and establishing the run game while also getting the OL playing in sync better will create greater efficiency.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I don't think JG does, at all. Unless you are just looking at his W-L, and while some believe that the QB is solely responsible for that, I don't. He has some bad mechanical flaws, that lead to him not being accurate over about 10-15 yards. I think just about every QB could be as successful as him this year, with the teams they have played, and they way they have run the ball.
JG is definitely the real deal! We are talking about Jared Goff right!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've always felt like Shanny Jr was a little better gameplanner than McVay particularly with the ground game but McVay is a better head coach IMO. He's just got all the right stuff when it comes to balancing details, leading the organization, managing his staff, building accountability with players etc. And McVay did a better job putting together his staff, it's just an enormous benefit having a guy like Wade next to him as he learns on the job.

But you knew at some point Shanny was going to get that offense rolling. It was inevitable. This division is loaded with excellent coaching.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let's say we win. We move to 4-2, they move to 4-1.

They remain in first place, but do we then again emerge as the team to beat in the division?

TomMack

Rookie
They can say all they want.
The bottom line is the teams the 49ers have played have a combined record of 5-15 and the Rams 15-10.
So far the Rams have played much better competition.
Eventually the whiners schedule gets a little tougher, then we’ll see what they are.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They can say all they want.
The bottom line is the teams the 49ers have played have a combined record of 5-15 and the Rams 15-10.
So far the Rams have played much better competition.
Eventually the whiners schedule gets a little tougher, then we’ll see what they are.
This is true. But execution is execution. Of all the fan bases I would think us Rams fans are aware of that, I mean remember the mantra everyone used for our '99 Rams? It was "who have they played?" I was so damn tired of hearing that and it didn't stop until we blew the 9ers out. People were shocked because they had overlooked us due to our schedule.

Truth is good teams manhandle the bad teams for the most part. There are outliers of course but that's how it goes. 9ers are obviously a good team this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's say we win. We move to 4-2, they move to 4-1.

They remain in first place, but do we then again emerge as the team to beat in the division?
For me that doesn't really matter. I don't care who the "team to beat" is any more because there's so much ignorant BS and hyperbole in the media.

The Rams are so talented that they could lose this game to the 9ers and still go on an undefeated run the rest of the way. All I care about is they get into the playoffs. If it's as a low seed I'm fine with that and will enjoy them being the team nobody wants to draw. If it's a top seed I'm good with that too. Just get in.

NFC is a damn mess. I do think if we win this game we will take the division. If not we're probably a wildcard. But the usual rules don't apply fully to this team either IMO.