Hurricane Dorian

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
For all in Rams Nation in Florida, PR, the Bahamas and anywhere else Dorian goes, be safe, stock up and evac early if you need to.

Thing escalated from a prospective Tropical Storm to a Cat 4 in less than 24 hours. If you’re on the east coast of FL, be SUPER CAREFUL wrt flooding as between the King’s Tide and storm surge, we’re gonna see LOTS AND LOTS of flooding, especially if it tracks closer to Miami.

Start stocking water, propane if you have a grill and foods that don’t need refrigeration, clean and fill the bathtub (for flushing the toilet), etc.

Take care Ramily!

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Better make sure to have on hand at least a few weeks of whatever meds you take too. Don't forget bleach and charcoal.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My brother moved to the Orlando area less than a month ago and he said the first hurricane since he moved is heading right for him.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, spaghetti models seem to be narrowing on Port Canaveral which is only about 50 miles from Eastern Orlando.

When I was stationed at NTC Orlando, we lived in off base housing in a new apartment not far from Fort Christmas. When my dad came to visit, we drive to Cocoa Beach which is just the north side of the NASA Canaveral complex iirc and it was about 50 miles.

Anyway, if the models hold, Orlando is gonna get a TON of rain, maybe as much as a 12” in a 24 hour period.

The storm surge from the hurricane and the King’s Tide is likely to be massive.

If Dorian hits Miami, which already floods at the Kings Tide, we could have another Katrina.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
sitting here in vero beach. coming right at me...…..for now

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Stay safe, my Floridian brethren and everyone else in the path of Dorian.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Stay safe!

Last edited:

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Been living on the Florida east coast for 20+ years now. Yesterday this storm was heading straight for me. Now it seems to be predicted to go a bit south. South or north, just stay the hell away from Vero Beach/Sebastian.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm going to have to leave the Keys a few days early now because of this... but I still may go out and kill more meat today. Trying to make up my mind. I may just get f ucked up as Chinese money instead. Weighing my options.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Be safe Florida Ram fans.

The wife and I are in PCB right now, leaving Sunday.

We were here last fall and had to evacuate for Michael...still some damage in the Panhandle.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
Been living on the Florida east coast for 20+ years now. Yesterday this storm was heading straight for me. Now it seems to be predicted to go a bit south. South or north, just stay the hell away from Vero Beach/Sebastian.
Are you in Vero beach also?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Worries:

Wind... well duh.

East Coast: Storm surge. Coupled with King's Tide the east coast, especially it seems now to be West Palm Beach, Jupiter and points north are gonna see something. Expect larger than normal flooding.

Florida Peninsula: Heavy rain. Most of the state is expecting 12" and with it being the wet season, the ground is already pretty much soaked. In Manatee and Sarasota Counties, we are getting flooding with the spot rains and thunder showers, so a heavy rain is gonna lead to flooding. The MUCH bigger concern is Okeechobee. The lake is only at 13ft right now, but the earthen levies will fail at 18 feet and if the the whole state is seeing a foot of rain over a day or so... well, we saw what Harvey did to Houston.

I, personally, went into the pocket and prepared as if we're going to be without services for a week. That's not likely on the west coast, but if the east coast really gets it, everything will be sent there and it will be hard to buy a pack of hot dogs for awhile...

As anyone who's tried to evacuate or even drive north during heavy rains (that damn I-4 corridor), you know that it's the rains, not winds that can get ya and Dorian is moving very slowly.

Hopefully, he gets some giddyap in his step and moves along cuz we just don't need a foot or more of rain...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Also, for those in Florida, can y'all check in after the storm? Get the word out for folks to hit this thread if you could.

We've got to look out for our Ramily, wherever they may be.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Nice, I lived in VLE for a while. I'm now down in Vero. Best of luck with this storm. Maybe meet up in a bar and catch a game this year.
Would love too. Last I heard Jim Cantore was at the Driftwood.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Bout to go pull my boat out of the water so that we can head up into the path of this b itch-a ss storm. The Keys look like they are in the clear now... but O-Town sure af doesn't.

F

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well... boat's out of the water and now it looks like the storm is changing it's course for the better. We're now just gonna hang down here 1 more night and head back tomorrow.