Hoyer to Sign with the Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Per source, Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer is planning to sign with the Texans tomorrow.

-----

Ryan Fitzpatrick should be available soon.

FRO

Legend
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Per source, Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer is planning to sign with the Texans tomorrow.

-----

Ryan Fitzpatrick should be available soon.
I would be all over Fitz. Had a decent year last year. Capable backup type.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Be interested where others would rank Fitz as a free as an option compared to some of the other names that have been raised.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Maybe take a shot with Ryan Mallett now that Hoyer is going to the Texans and true Ryan Fitzpatrick if Hill signs elsewhere, but I get the feeling the Rams want Hill back.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Would love Fitz or Mallett or even better how bout both! let Hill and Davis walk, Fitz is our Vet behind bradford and Mallett is our young guy with more upside than any QB in this draft not named Winston or Marriota

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
None of the names mentioned (Fitzpatrick, Mallett) are what the Rams (Fisher) said was going to happen (compete with Bradford for the starting job).

Until they find a QB that appears capable of that, IMO, it's more of the Clemens, Hill, Davis stuff... which isn't going to get us improvement on offense in 2015.

Just my opinion.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Ryan Mallett - QB - Texans
Texans re-signed QB Ryan Mallett to a two-year, $7 million contract.

Former Patriots assistant and current Texans head coach Bill O'Brien has his quarterback room set. Mallett, a former Patriot will be the favorite to start -- but he'll be pushed by newly signed Brian Hoyer, also a former Patriot. The big-armed yet immobile Mallett started two games for the Texans last yaer, going 1-1 with a 67.6 passer rating. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a goner.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter
Mar 9 - 10:00 AM

Well sh!t !!!!!!!!!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Texans
The Jets are expected to pursue QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

The Texans will cut Fitzpatrick after deciding to move forward with Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer at quarterback. Fitzy played for Jets OC Chan Gailey in Buffalo and can help Geno Smith while also competing for the starting gig.
Related: Jets

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter
Mar 9 - 10:05 AM

lockdnram21

Legend
Mallett resigned to there's going to be a competition between him and Hoyer. No to Fitzpatrick

paceram

Pro Bowler
Maybe take a shot with Ryan Mallett now that Hoyer is going to the Texans and true Ryan Fitzpatrick if Hill signs elsewhere, but I get the feeling the Rams want Hill back.

I think Mallett would be my next choice at this point!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Fitzpatrick is the kind of player that you can trust is a capable backup without having to trade away your future for or pay like he is made of solid gold. That's exactly what we should be looking for in a BACKUP QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fitz will be a Jet. He played his best ball under Chan Gailey who is their OC
No loss there