How much sleep do you get?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I used to think I sleep poorly... I still don't feel I sleep great, but surprised when I ask this question how many people actually get less sleep per day than I do.

I wear a fitness band, so my ability to calculate is pretty good.

I average 6:20 per night right now.

How about you?

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I average about 5:45 potential sleep hours a night. Actual sleep time is less than that when considering so the times I wake up on my own and walking my kids back to their rooms after they have nightmares (really bad nightmares run in my family).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I sleep 6-7.

But I get great sleep because I have a fantastic mattress and wonderful sheets and that makes a ginormous difference.

Never settle for a bad or even average mattress. It's just not worth the savings. I spent some years in the business and I know what I am talking about.

Spend a lot, you'll be happy you did.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Six hours for me...Even with a sleep number set-up, my back hurts after 6 hours

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
All over the place. Anywhere from 4 - 8. I have a pretty screwed up work schedule.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've always slept poorly. When I was in 7th grade (many, many years ago) I was given a LP with tracks to guide me to sleep. It didn't help.

At times I've been better, but over the years I've probably averaged 5 hours at night, though if I get a chance a short nap helps me during the day.

Worse lately after getting better. Personal events have messed me up. Too many long hours in the middle of the night awake. I should be on a better schedule soon, though.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Weeknights....6-7.

Weekends. 9+

Also,

bear.gif

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
In bed at 9, read for an hour, up at 5.
Long way of saying 7 hours.
And on those rare occasions where I’m up till 11-12, still wake up at 5

fearsomefour

Legend
Usually asleep by 10:30--1:30, wake up 5:30-6:30 am pretty much no matter when I go to sleep.
After years of being sleep deprived it is great.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I get 8 hours...

My parrot requires 10+ per night. As soon as the sun starts setting he demands to be put to bed. He hates day light savings time when it gets dark earlier.

Psycho_X

Legend
During the week usually between 6.5-7.5 depending on if I'm involved in something and don't want to go to sleep. Or if I'm surfing my phone apps while laying in bed and lose track of time lol.

Just bought a fitbit charge 2 to help track sleep patterns and steps/heart rate mostly out of curiosity as I'm currently working on getting back into shape. Curious how much REM sleep I get.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I sleep 6-7.

But I get great sleep because I have a fantastic mattress and wonderful sheets and that makes a ginormous difference.

Never settle for a bad or even average mattress. It's just not worth the savings. I spent some years in the business and I know what I am talking about.

Spend a lot, you'll be happy you did.
What would you recommend for a mattress?

fearsomefour

Legend
I get 8 hours...

My parrot requires 10+ per night. As soon as the sun starts setting he demands to be put to bed. He hates day light savings time when it gets dark earlier.
What the hell does a parrot need that much sleep for?
"Big day tomorrow, you know, a lot of parrot crap to do."

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What the hell does a parrot need that much sleep for?
"Big day tomorrow, you know, a lot of parrot crap to do."

Lots of people have parrots with behavioral problems because they don't realize that they sleep so much. They find a place to sleep BEFORE it gets dark in the wild.

I'm thankful for it because it gives us a break every evening from his demanding ass.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What would you recommend for a mattress?

Latex IMO is the king of the hill when it comes to sleep and I think this company makes the best stuff.

http://puretalalaybliss.com/

I know this product well, and it's very high quality, I think they are as good as any and Bliss products never got complaints. You will love it, see if you can find a retailer in your area since you really should try a bed before you buy. If not find a place that sells talalay latex, not dunlop. Talalay is natural, it comes from the rubber plant whereas dunlop is man made and has chemicals you may not want.

If you can't find this exact product just make sure what you are buying is natural latex from top to bottom and not a couple of inches of latex over cheap foam..........that's a trick some people use to fool people into thinking they are getting a fantastic deal on a "latex" bed.

I have sold mattresses and linens (high end) at retail on a sales floor, I have been a regional manager for a mattress chain, I've been in several mattress factories and sheet factories including Serta's iComfort factory here in Florida..........I pretty much know everything about mattresses and sheets that a person could know.

Latex is the best when it comes to support and pressure relief.

If you can't afford it, and the real deal isn't cheap, while you are shopping PM me the "specs" on what you are looking at and I can help you navigate.

FYI quality memory foam in second.......however it doesn't "drive" well if you understand because you sink in it unlike latex. But there is a lot, and I mean a lot, of differences in memory foam which is why you will see prices ranging from 400 to 4,000 for the same size bed.

If you are going to buy memory foam go try the iComfort from Serta, it's worth the money and it's well made.

Like sheets, there is a lot of stuff that people just don't know and there is no "standard" in the bedding industry which is true about most industries so it pays to find out some info because it's an undeniable fact that better sleep makes a huge difference in your life.

fearsomefour

Legend
Lots of people have parrots with behavioral problems because they don't realize that they sleep so much. They find a place to sleep BEFORE it gets dark in the wild.

I'm thankful for it because it gives us a break every evening from his demanding ass.
My mother in law had a toucan for a while and it was a nightmare.
It would get jealous if the dogs got any attention and would scream until it got attention. They are demanding and pretty social.
That toucan reminded me of when I dated a stripper. Amazing to look at, but, demanding as hell, jealous and never stopped squaking.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My mother in law had a toucan for a while and it was a nightmare.
It would get jealous if the dogs got any attention and would scream until it got attention. They are demanding and pretty social.
That toucan reminded me of when I dated a stripper. Amazing to look at, but, demanding as hell, jealous and never stopped squaking.

We're just thankful that ours allows us to live in HIS house. LOL

Ours loves our dog... he even feeds him. Our previous dog would get scared of thunder and our parrot would fly down and lay on him for comfort. No jealousy. A lot of the jealousy behavior or behavior when you see a parrot only bonding with one person is a result of that species of bird being one that mates for life (completely monogamous). Birds and parrots are extremely intelligent... some more than others obviously. Unless you share your home with one it's really impossible to believe and understand. But they are a HIGH maintenance pet... even more high maintenance than a stripper LOL.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Bout 7 for me as well. I agree with @LesBaker, great mattress makes all the difference. I’m am naturally an early riser. Usually up around 5 with no alarm. I don’t even work til 8am. Usually in best by 10-10:30. And I never take naps.