How much do NFL athletes/coaches care about sportsmanship?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NFL Professionals do/should care about sportmanship and rules. Agree or disagree?

• Agree. They grew up as fans on the game and want to play it right.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Somewhat agree.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral

• Somewhat disagree.

• Disagree. It's a business and you win any way you can, so long as the media doesn't find out.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares?! Another beer, barkeep!

• Total voters

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
For us, at the end of the day, the NFL is a game. No game is worth playing if you have to cheat to win.

However, for NFL professionals, by the nature of that very term, it's a business. So how much do they care about sportsmanship?

On this question, tell me if you agree or disagree with the idea that NFL professionals do/should care.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Too many poll options, and you're inviting ambiguity with the thread title/post description.

Back to the lab again!

Seriously though, I didn't know it was about cheating until after I voted. Your question at the end there, I could go two ways with. I do think they *should* care, and I agree that they should, but I don't think the majority do care - so I don't agree that they do care. They all hold, they all hit late, they all push off, and so on and so on. About 99% of them, IMO, are cheating at least once during a game. Blatant cheating would have to be defined before I could comment on that.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I should have been more consistent there... plus the board somehow ate the option on the poll. Unfortunately, I can't edit it.

I would define major cheating as Spygate/Bountygate level stuff and minor as holding so the ref doesn't see it level stuff.