How Have 2nd Year Players Improved?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please post any concrete information about last year's draft class.

From a recent interview with Byron Young, he reports that he has put on 10 pounds since last year and it looks like it's all muscle.

We have heard how Puka and Coop were working so hard in the offseason at Kupp's house, that Puka was fertilizing the bushes with his vomit. Puka has reportedly lost 10 + pounds since last year and is making his "cuts" more sharply, but will this affect his YAC and physicality?

I haven't heard anything else about the others yet, so please provide any info you might have on last year's Rooks!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know if Young will ever be an all pro type edge. But I see him being a well rounded defensive player who can play the run and pass equally. Always be threat to get pressure. Able to drop back in the passing lanes. Basically a Leonard Floyd type.

dang

Legend
I don't know if Young will ever be an all pro type edge. But I see him being a well rounded defensive player who can play the run and pass equally. Always be threat to get pressure. Able to drop back in the passing lanes. Basically a Leonard Floyd type.
Not apples to apples but if Young/Floyd can equal 2021 Leonard Floyd/Von Miller we are good.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
10 lbs of muscle in one offseason is a lot. I’m sure he got stronger all around but he gained some fat too. As long as he’s comfortable with the weight, I’m for it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
10 lbs of muscle in one offseason is a lot. I’m sure he got stronger all around but he gained some fat too. As long as he’s comfortable with the weight, I’m for it.
He was with Rams trainers all off season in Los Angeles, which indicates a dedication to me that he wanted to improve.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You meant Young/Verse ... right?
Young is saying that Jared Verse is way ahead of where he was last year. Verse is very vocal on the field in a motivating fashion. He also said Verse has an insane "get off" with pass rush moves and strength to get to the QB. Again, this is Young saying this in an interview with JB Long and MJD.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I don't know if Puka will put up better numbers this year, but I know he'll be a better player. Attaching himself to Kupp was what I hoped for, more than anything else, for the offseason.. and that's EXACTLY what he did. I think improved strength and conditioning will offset the weight when it comes to his YAC ability.

He also won't yak as often if he's in great shape. lol

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know if Puka will put up better numbers this year, but I know he'll be a better player. Attaching himself to Kupp was what I hoped for, more than anything else, for the offseason.. and that's EXACTLY what he did. I think improved strength and conditioning will offset the weight when it comes to his YAC ability.

He also won't yak as often if he's in great shape. lol
Puka won't be catching anyone by surprise. The key is Kupp's health. Its hard to rotate coverage help when two receivers are that good. If Kupp is healthy he's the guy they gotta devote more to. No one separates like he does. And Stafford trusts both.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Puka won't be catching anyone by surprise. The key is Kupp's health. Its hard to rotate coverage help when two receivers are that good. If Kupp is healthy he's the guy they gotta devote more to. No one separates like he does. And Stafford trusts both.
I also believe Stafford trust Demarcus Robinson too also Atwell has made some good plays. Overall, I agree a healthy Kupp will go a long way to making this unit even better, but with Robinson, Atwell & even Jordan Whittington, the cupboard is not bare.

dang

Legend
I also believe Stafford trust Demarcus Robinson too also Atwell has made some good plays. Overall, I agree a healthy Kupp will go a long way to making this unit even better, but with Robinson, Atwell & even Jordan Whittington, the cupboard is not bare.
Keep Stafford upright and fully armed. That’s the gas that fuels this offense. I’d rather have one too many OL or WR to ensure the full fury of the offense.