How fast is Todd Gurley?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Because he was recovering from his knee injury, Gurley didn’t run a 40 in the Combine or his Pro Day. I his first year, I wasn’t convinced he had all of his speed back, Ashe was caught on some long runs. I figured he was a 4.50 guy, at best. In year 2, he never seemed to have a chance to show his speed.

Last year... different story. He looked fast...really fast. The best example was the screen pass he took to the house against Tennessee. On that play, He showed a gear I didn’t think he had. I’m thinking he may be more of a 4.40 guy.

So...how fast do you think Gurley is?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
He just has to be faster than the guys chasing him!

Other than that, I dunno.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I've heard stories at Georgia that said that Gurley actually ran a 4.3 in college, and he was a great track star.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Look at his college tapes and he was somewhere in the 4.3/4.4 range.

Now I would think about 4.45.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think he is fast enough to take us to the Super Bowl!!!!!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gurley is so fast, he can get into bed before the lights go out and when he runs when it's raining, he doesn't get wet.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Oh Gurley is much faster than a 4.5 guy. He and Chris Conley raced each other at Georgia and Todd won. Conley later ran a 4.35 40 at the Combine. Todd could run at least a low 4.4 right now, if not faster. Dude was a legit track star.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Hes an Olympic caliber runner , forget the 40 I'm sure he is one of the top 100m guys in the NFL.

Usually smaller guys do great in the 40 but Todd's size benefits him downhill once he gets going

jap

Legend
He is deceptively fast as (at least to these eyes) he does not appear to be moving that fast . . . probably because he is a bit if a long strider in the open field. Yet he finds angles through defenders and accelerates to the point they often cannot even touch him. Keep in mind that he also accomplishes this while encumbered with football padding and will often do these things late in games when he is supposedly tired---a testament to the strength, stamina, and sheer force of will he possesses whenever he especially strives for pay dirt.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
You guys are delusional. He’s just a hurdler. That skill set has no transferable applications to football!

Yeah. And he’s football fast.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
And this too..........but your clip shows the extra gear kicking in better than this one.

We could post that run against the Seahawks just before the half. He blew by everyone on that play.

Wow. That last run against the Whiners was just a couple seasons ago in his rookie year, but just look at the turnover/upgrade of this team. The guys on the field greeting him after that run that I saw: Foles, GRob, Kendrick’s, Barnes, Britt, Tavon, G Reynolds, Harkey, and I believe Stedman. ALL gone. Only Havenstein, I believe was on the field for that play, and is still here.

I’ll take Gurley’s current surrounding crew, thank you. :cool:

:rant:“Are you crazy? Foles is the reigning Super Bowl champ!!”

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wow. That last run against the Whiners was just a couple seasons ago in his rookie year, but just look at the turnover/upgrade of this team. The guys on the field greeting him after that run that I saw: Foles, GRob, Kendrick’s, Barnes, Britt, Tavon, G Reynolds, Harkey, and I believe Stedman. ALL gone. Only Havenstein, I believe was on the field for that play, and is still here.

I’ll take Gurley’s current surrounding crew, thank you. :cool:

:rant:“Are you crazy? Foles is the reigning Super Bowl champ!!”

Notice when he gets through the hole how he straightens up and shifts gears to leave everyone behind. He was untouched on that run.