How Angry Ram ranks the QBs.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
1. P. Manning- consistently performs and is probably the smartest QB of all time.

2. Brees- he single handedly took that team from nothing to SB champs. I think he gets too much exposure at the expense of other QBs, but that's what happens when you turn a team around.

3. Rodgers- He actually has been good 4 quite some time, even durin their 6-10 year. He's had more playoff victories than Tom Brady since 2007.

4. Roethlisberger- Off field shit aside. He doesn't get enough credit. He wins games. Playoff games. 2 SBs. One which he won. The other he helped a ton to get to. Has had more playoff wins than Tom Brady since 2004. (10 to 8, including SBs, even durin 2 playoff misses to Brady's 1). Why he isn't considered elite, IDK.

5. Rivers- So underrated. His STs have always let him down, mainly his kicker. Makes receivers. A stud leader.

6. Brady- I think he's overhyped, but never said he wasn't good. His low TD to INT ratio speaks for itself. Makes WRs.

7. Ryan- Winning record since a rookie. That's pretty damn good. He overtakes Brady and Rivers if he wins a playoff game or 2.

8. Schaub- the most underrated QB in the NFL. Just b/c the Texans have a crappy D as of late doesn't mean Schaub is bad. He also overtakes Brady if he wins a playoff game.

9. Romo- He's got to man up and be a leader instead of partyin @ Cabo before playoff games. And winning more than 1.

10. Flacco- Overhyped, but still wins. He's got 2 beat the Steelers w/ Roethlisberger. He's 0-fer. Plus he's got 2 win some when the D or the run game doesn't bail him out.

11. Sanchez- See Flacco. He's only this high b/c he's won some playoff games.

12. Freeman- He's da man on the Bucs and they win games b/c of him, not in spite of him. No doubt that he's gonna overtake Flacco and Sanchez.

13. Bradford- Needs to get a winnin record. And he will this year. 16-0 baby!

14. Vick- He's not bad, I jsut want to see him be consistent. Accuracy, decision makin all needs to improve. No chance in hell he's elite right now.

15. Eli Manning- He'd be higher if he hadn't started to throw tons on INTs. One great playoff run and SB win, like Vick needs to be more consistent.

16. Stafford- If preseason is any indication...he's gonna be a legit stud. And don't forget that game against the Browns 2 years ago. Just stay healthy, Matthew.

17. Cutler- OK he's a douche, but he has gotten to the NFC title game when no one expected him to. Just cut down on the TOs. ALthough that's gonna be hard w/' Martz as OC.

18. Hasslebeck- Even tho his career might be goin down, he can still win you some games. Like last year. In the playoffs.

19. Fitzpatrick- Oh yeah, he's top 20. The dude puts up decent #s and he and Stevie Johnson make a dangerous combo. And he coulda been a Rams. Course that would've meant no Bradford. Nevermind.

20. McNabb- Clearly his career is goin down. Reid knew what he was doin. He might win some games this year since he won't be treated like shit from the HC and OC.

21. Kolb- The savior in Arizona needs to live up to the hype. Hasn't done shit yet but has potential.

22. Orton- Orton plays good enough to keep around but not bad enough to need someone else.

23. Garrard- He's very mobile and is a good QB to have but there's so many better.

24. McCoy- Enough w/ the noodle arm bs. He's smart and will only improve.

25. Cassel- Never lived up to his contract. System QB?

26. Campbell- OK QB. Might win ya a game or 2.

27. Henne- Oh man...

28. Alex Smith- :lmao:

29. TJack- :yawn:

30. John Beck- :lull:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Id put Stafford ahead of Vick and Eli Manning. He has to stay healthy tho, and im not basing this only off of his performance in preseason. People seem so suprised by his good play so far and they completely forget that he did play a few games last year and was playing very well.

Eli is quickly falling, and it doesnt look like its gonna get better anytime soon. His oline is going through changes (adding youth), he lost his TE and a stud WR, and that happened this year. He had Steve Smith and Boss last year but still made a lot of questionable decisions.

People get easily confused on the type of player that Vick is. Hes not an elite QB. Hes the most athletically gifted QB in the NFL and last year was the first year he started learning how to be a COMPLETE QB. Need to see more consistency.

I hate to say this, but Brady is too low. Forget about the recent playoff losses, he helped lead the Pats to the best record in the AFC when everyone thought they would take a step back last year (especially after the Moss trade). He also broke the record for number of completions without an INT. Id give him a slight nudge over Rivers right now.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah Eli, Stafford, Vick can all be swapped around cuz each have their strengths.

I'm not puttin Brady any higher than he is now. You can't forget about playoff losses since 2007...that's what most important especially if you win the division every year.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Pretty much agree, although Id move Big Ben down to 9th, after Romo, and switch Rodgers and Brees.

Angry Ram

Wow Roethlisberger 9th behind Romo???

This is a guy that pretty much won a bunch of games during the 2008 SB season. Lots of 4th qtr drives for Ws in the regular season and the playoffs, capped off in the SB. And he still does it.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:

This is a guy that pretty much won a bunch of games during the 2008 SB season. Lots of 4th qtr drives for Ws in the regular season and the playoffs, capped off in the SB. And he still does it.

Yeah I know he has the Rings and the dramatic comebacks, but I think a lot of his success comes as a product of the environment. Top 5 Defense, a strong runnings game and weapons in the passing game.

Really the only reason he is in my top ten is because he is clutch.

Maybe ahead of Romo and a push with Schaub.

Anonymous

How can Romo be in the top 10? He's shown nothing to deserve being in the top 15.

Angry Ram

libertadrock said:
Angry Ram said:

Yeah I know he has the Rings and the dramatic comebacks, but I think a lot of his success comes as a product of the environment. Top 5 Defense, a strong runnings game and weapons in the passing game.

Really the only reason he is in my top ten is because he is clutch.

Maybe ahead of Romo and a push with Schaub.

Well that's like sayin Aaron Rodgers is just a product of environment. Driver, Jennings, Finley, Kuhn, great D, etc.

Steelers really haven't had a strong runnin game since Bettis/Parker. They've morphed into a passin team.

Romo is top 10 b/c he's fielded winning teams and division winners. But if he doesn't show even more improvement, he's gonna slip to where Eli, Vick are. The young guns are quickly rising.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:
Yeah Eli, Stafford, Vick can all be swapped around cuz each have their strengths.

I'm not puttin Brady any higher than he is now. You can't forget about playoff losses since 2007...that's what most important especially if you win the division every year.

Ok well ever since the Pats 18-1 season Brady is 0-2 in playoff games and Rivers is 1-2, but its still hard to put Rivers ahead of him because Rivers hasnt gotten to a SB yet.

Angry Ram

JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:

Ok well ever since the Pats 18-1 season Brady is 0-2 in playoff games and Rivers is 1-2, but its still hard to put Rivers ahead of him because Rivers hasnt gotten to a SB yet.

Maybe I should've mentioned that this is also based on how they are currently.

Brady: Recent playoff struggles aside, his OL has been lettin him down lately. Yeah that's not Brady's fault, but it's def. affectin him. He wants to play 10 more years, I doubt it w/ the way his OL is goin.

Rivers: This guy makes WRs. I could go in and become a star w/ Rivers. Right now, if I want to win a game in the 2 min drill, I want him over Brady.

If this was overall...Brady would be 3rd behind Brees. I just don't buy into his SBs as much as everyone else. He got them into FG range. Trent Dilfer can get a team into FG range. Roethlisberger won it. Brees won it. Eli Manning won it (no I'm not puttin him over Brady lol but he was good in that playoff run).

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:
JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:

Maybe I should've mentioned that this is also based on how they are currently.

Brady: Recent playoff struggles aside, his OL has been lettin him down lately. Yeah that's not Brady's fault, but it's def. affectin him. He wants to play 10 more years, I doubt it w/ the way his OL is goin.

Rivers: This guy makes WRs. I could go in and become a star w/ Rivers. Right now, if I want to win a game in the 2 min drill, I want him over Brady.

If this was overall...Brady would be 3rd behind Brees. I just don't buy into his SBs as much as everyone else. He got them into FG range. Trent Dilfer can get a team into FG range. Roethlisberger won it. Brees won it. Eli Manning won it (no I'm not puttin him over Brady lol but he was good in that playoff run).

But you could still make the argument that Brady makes WRs too. Look at what he did with Deion Branch again, and did really good things with rookie TEs. Only proven weapon he had last year was Welker. The weirdest thing about Brady is he can make WRs better in that system but when he gets 2 of the most talented WRs (Moss, Welker) hes ever played with he hasnt won a SB with them.

Were just gonna have to agree to disagree on this, but overall I do pretty much agree with your QB rankings.