Hot Ones

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to notice this YouTube show, which has been on for years now. I just watched an episode with comedian Tommy Lee that made me actually laugh out loud more than twice, which I rarely do.

The premise of the show is that a famous person is invited on the show, and host Sean Evans and the guest eat progressively hotter, hot wings and he asks him really well researched questions as he deals with the pain. Each hot sauce bottle, which progresses up the Scoville scale (unit of measure of the pungency of chile peppers and other spicy foods) is placed in front of the chicken wing that spiced it. Many famous people have done this show and if you want to spend some time watching them in pain, be ready. You might get lost down the internet rabbit hole! lol

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqyE-7Y55kU

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have seen short clips but maybe I'll have to travel the rabbit hole. After all... It is really up my alley.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
They should have used some REAL hot sauces... those weren't all that hot. I've got some hot sauces that will literally make someone shit their pants... one of them even says so on it's label as a warning. Those sauces they used are found at my local sub shop here in town.

Funny idea though.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They should have used some REAL hot sauces... those weren't all that hot. I've got some hot sauces that will literally make someone crap their pants... one of them even says so on it's label as a warning.

Well, THAT sounds appetizing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They should have used some REAL hot sauces... those weren't all that hot. I've got some hot sauces that will literally make someone crap their pants... one of them even says so on it's label as a warning. Those sauces they used are found at my local sub shop here in town.

Funny idea though.
Yeah - I lost respect for the dude that did Man vs Fire (or whatever the name of the show was) when I ate at one of the places on their show and found what they were crying about was only sorta hot.

I still haven't watched it but I can almost guarantee my Stu-icidal Tendencies level 1-4 are all hotter than anything they're eating.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just in case you guys thought I was bullshitting... This stuff is made from scorpion peppers.

Make sure to read the ENTIRE label.

20190429_191008.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
And if that isn't hot enough... this shit right here will take it to the next level. Extract!!!

20190429_191922.jpg

Here's the warning label on the back...

20190429_192114.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'll attest to the scorpion chili heat level. I have been using Jolokia Chillies (Ghost Chillies) for years in my Stu-icidal sauces and the first time I used it, I was extremely careful not to let it get in the air or on my skin. Nice try. A little of it got on my fingers and it burned the soft skin between them for days. After that, I used gloves, mask, and goggles when making sauces that contain it. I recently got some Scorpion. It is noticably and ridiculously hotter.

The Reaper is hotter still and is considered the world's hottest but tends to have a bit less consistency from what I hear and read.

@Dagonet really needs to be part of this conversation. He cultivates these little devil spawn.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Yeah - I lost respect for the dude that did Man vs Fire (or whatever the name of the show was) when I ate at one of the places on their show and found what they were crying about was only sorta hot.

I still haven't watched it but I can almost guarantee my Stu-icidal Tendencies level 1-4 are all hotter than anything they're eating.
Heat is fine to a point. I love Tabasco and smother my eggs and taters with it but it clears the table with the smell. I really like the flavor. I can't imagine the smell or (chemical burn) to the nose coming from those sauces described in this thread. So what about the flavor? If its all about heat then just spray this on the food.
bearspray.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Heat is fine to a point. I love Tabasco and smother my eggs and taters with it but it clears the table with the smell. I really like the flavor. I can't imagine the smell or (chemical burn) to the nose coming from those sauces described in this thread. So what about the flavor? If its all about heat then just spray this on the food.
bearspray.jpg
You can definitely make very hot sauces that also have good flavor. Tabasco is mild IMO. I don't even like the flavor of it either. I use Tapatio on my eggs as I think it has much better flavor at about the same heat level. I'm not looking to start the morning with cold sweats by putting anything with serious heat on my eggs. I will say that
habanero-hot-sauce-secre-22144-16z.jpg
this stuff is might tasty on an over easy.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
You can definitely make very hot sauces that also have good flavor. 1. Tabasco is mild IMO. 2. I don't even like the flavor of it either.

1. I agree compared to the other sauces in this thread.
2. Then I will defer to your opinion on the flavor of different bear sprays.;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I use Tapatio on my eggs as I think it has much better flavor at about the same heat level.

I love that stuff.

The first time I had it was many, many years ago in Mexico and when I got home I got some on the next trip to the grocery store.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love that stuff.

The first time I had it was many, many years ago in Mexico and when I got home I got some on the next trip to the grocery store.
So is Tapatiobetter than Tobasco when making hot corn? (Sweet corn, tobasco, and butter)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have you guys tried The Bomb? I have yet to hear anyone on Hot Ones say that they like it. It’s just freaking hot like battery acid with no flavor

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Nah. Not for me. I'm a pansy when it comes to hot stuff.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So is Tapatiobetter than Tobasco when making hot corn? (Sweet corn, tobasco, and butter)

I lived in New Orleans for a dozen years, and what I observed is that tabasco was used by the tourists. There were dozens of other brands popular with locals. My personal fave is Crystal - though to be fair, the taste profiles are fairly similar - but subtly different in all the brands.

Tapatio is radically different in flavor than Louisiana style pepper sauces. For me, it's a matter of mood which I use. It's slightly less peppery in its flavor profile, which you could guess from its having garlic and other spices as well as peppers.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I lived in New Orleans for a dozen years, and what I observed is that tabasco was used by the tourists. There were dozens of other brands popular with locals. My personal fave is Crystal - though to be fair, the taste profiles are fairly similar - but subtly different in all the brands.

Tapatio is radically different in flavor than Louisiana style pepper sauces. For me, it's a matter of mood which I use. It's slightly less peppery in its flavor profile, which you could guess from its having garlic and other spices as well as peppers.
Yes, I used Crystal a lot when in the Navy...I used the Tabisco name in a generic sense for pepper sauce.