Hobbies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Share your hobby. Anyone a closet expert on something?

Me; I am my own barista. Started about 20yrs ago... playing around and learning. Lots of bad coffee made early days.

Eventually I settled on a commercial grade espresso machine suitable for a kitchen with all the accessories. Personally, I believe I can pound out a cup of Joe better than the most popular shop in town.

While my forte is espresso based drinks, I have the drip fans covered as well.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I write and record music. Presently I'm using FL Studio 20 as my DAW(Digital Audio Workstation). I use two electric guitars, a bass, a 1962 Gibson 12-string acoustic guitar, a synthesizer, microphone, and lots of other recording "toys." A few months ago I bought a Korg M1 plugin that has all the cheesy 80's sounds and am having fun programming with that.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
My wife likes to restore antiques , so I guess my hobby is that I get to do all the heavy lifting

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Eventually I settled on a commercial grade espresso machine suitable for a kitchen with all the accessories. Personally, I believe I can pound out a cup of Joe better than the most popular shop in town.

I had a good quality machine a long time ago. The problem was that I just LOVE good lattes and espresso drinks and was taking in a lot of caffeine after dinner and it was actually keeping me up at night.

I gave it to a friend.

Weather photography, but especially lightning. Something about capturing the spectacle of nature that only exists for a fraction of a second.

Those are fantastic pictures and now your avatar makes sense too!

Well done Chris.

I like capturing the great sunsets we have on the beaches here, especially in the summer when there are storms way offshore.

I write and record music. Presently I'm using FL Studio 20 as my DAW(Digital Audio Workstation). I use two electric guitars, a bass, a 1962 Gibson 12-string acoustic guitar, a synthesizer, microphone, and lots of other recording "toys." A few months ago I bought a Korg M1 plugin that has all the cheesy 80's sounds and am having fun programming with that.

I've know that for years.

Yet not ONCE have I bothered to thank you for not posting any recordings.

thereisnobluefontblueenoughforthat.

I'm sorry @Prime Time , you know me, I can't help myself.

My wife likes to restore antiques , so I guess my hobby is that I get to do all the heavy lifting

LOL your hobby is buying antiques!!!!!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Hey , don't be knocking on Leif Garrett , he was an American treasure

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Weather photography, but especially lightning. Something about capturing the spectacle of nature that only exists for a fraction of a second.

'We Got Cows'

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dQgjrrEeHA

I've always lived in earthquake country, i'll take that anyday over being a Stormchaser. After watching the movie Twister, which I loved, I couldn't believe people would volunteer to drive into that shit without being in an Abrams Tank. Amazing pictures. Have you ever been close to being struck by lightning yourself ? I've never understood how some folks in the mid-west could live in trailer homes.
Your name is now more easily understood.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
What are you working on?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'd love to hear some of your tunes. Please share.

Don't have any way of doing it unless someone's on Facebook and even that hasn't been working too well lately. Guess I'll have to get a Bandcamp or Soundcloud account one day.

also, have you had any of your work performed by big name performers?

Nah, lol. You would have heard about it by now. ;)

What are you working on?

It's Christian music in the Prog/Rock/Pop genre. :rockon: The last one I finished a few weeks ago is called "My Heaven Is Like An Island." The music comes easy for me. What I really need is a lyricist. My own Bernie Taupin. :cool:

Name
George
Anyone a closet expert on something?

I have a talented tongue ... and I can get it insured if I want to. (not joking) Give me a wine and I will tell you if it was aged in oak or not, and if so, I can tell you what country the oak came from and if the barrels were new, used, or a combination of both. I'm about 90% on telling you the grape variety, country of origin, appellation, and age of the wine.

I'm also into digging up insignificant historical trivia. (helps me with Genealogy) A decade or so, Gavin Menzies wrote a couple of books and had a PBS documentary claiming he had proof that the Chinese discovered America several decades before Columbus did. Another guy from St. Louis cited two pieces of tangible (internet) evidence that supported the hypothesis that the Chinese were in the St. Louis area during pre-Columbian times. The guy had never seen the actual pieces of evidence. One was a petroglyph in Alton IL, (which was destroyed by a chain-gang prior to the civil war), and the 2nd was pieces of jade that were mentioned in a newspaper article over 100 years ago. I was able to track down the current owner of the jade, I got to see the pieces and photograph them. They appeared to be purely of Native American craftsmanship, not Chinese. Both Menzies and the other guy were all excited when I told them I'd try to find out more information, but they soon ignored me when I showed them the photographs and got the actual information.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I've always lived in earthquake country, i'll take that anyday over being a Stormchaser. After watching the movie Twister, which I loved, I couldn't believe people would volunteer to drive into that crap without being in an Abrams Tank.

Yeah, I know what you mean, someone wants to chase after tornadoes, they got to be willing to drive through all kinds of stuff. 100 mph winds, flash flooding, baseball size hail, terrible roads. It's easier if they have sponsors willing to cover their losses. Personally, I've had to let some bigger storms go because I wasn't willing to lose my windshield over it.

I live in Canada, tornadoes are a lot harder to track down up here, but it's a goal.

Have you ever been close to being struck by lightning yourself ?

Lightning has hit within a 1/2 mile on at least a few occasions. Never fail to jump out of my skin and race for cover when that happens.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Birding and bird photography. Here are a few recent shots:

2352A3C0-9222-4733-8BAA-49EB344D1D91.jpeg
5682D538-BD50-4EC8-B12F-597BB6B70B30.jpeg
1A2DB189-A941-49A3-A3E0-5ADB9BDE3B4B.jpeg
B62C457E-366A-4359-9041-0E32DD4D033C.jpeg
C2B4B541-A60A-4291-9F31-C47E56020D13.jpeg
47FFB053-1323-4AD4-B61D-0D15C8B24EB8.jpeg
5113947A-13B1-4534-9867-1E3E1C556384.jpeg

Debacled

Starter
I like to slightly rearrange the living room furniture to bug my roommates. Does that qualify as a hobby?

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
It's Christian music in the Prog/Rock/Pop genre. :rockon: The last one I finished a few weeks ago is called "My Heaven Is Like An Island." The music comes easy for me. What I really need is a lyricist. My own Bernie Taupin. :cool:

I’ll PM you. Some good writers out there. Love David Crowder, and of course Bart Millard of Mercy Me. We’ve got a good local guy Lincoln Brewster that happens to be the worship leader at our church.

I’d love to hear your ideas, Prime.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hobbies? Too many probably. Fishing(bass, trout, fly fishing, fly thing) , hunting deer, fossil collecting, mushroom hunting and wild edible plant harvesting, hiking, nature, survival. Health issues have prevented me from continuing many other hobbies that I used to do, like kung-fu, rock climbing, and weight training.

I have too many interests to master one. I wish I could have delved into just one or two.

Most of my hobbies are seasonal. I can tell you from experience that it would be nearly impossible to survive off of wild edibles. Calories burned while foraging, far outweigh calories gained by eating your finds.. Some of it tastes good, some doesn't taste good at all. I still have my fossils but don't go looking much anymore. I've gotten back to the hunting and fishing in recent years. My 11 year old son likes to do both, so I try to focus on them.

I don't have much time to spend on my hobbies these days. Linc plays little league baseball and tackle football. Practices and games keep me very busy. Now my little girl is starting soccer. So my stuff is secondary.