Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo-Post Practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo-Post Practice
December 15, 2011

(Opening Statement)
“I’ll give you the injuries. I did think the guys had really good energy today. It’s amazing, sometimes you get these short weeks you think it’s going to be a grind but I think we did the right thing yesterday going light and then they really picked it up today so I appreciated that. The guys that did not practice (QB) Sam Bradford, (QB) A.J. Feeley, (DE) James Hall, (T) Mark LeVoir, (DE) Chris Long all those guys are the same, day-to-day, just like last week. The new guy today was (CB) Justin King. We get a new one every day. Yesterday he bumped his shoulder, it was sore, he went back in practice finished it, got up this morning felt a little, didn’t feel right, so (Head Athletic Trainer) Reggie (Scott) kept him out of practice. We’ll have to find out a little bit more about him as we go forward and know a little bit more tomorrow. Other than that, some guys were limited (S) Craig Dahl, (CB) Josh Gordy, and four, five or six others, but you can ask me. I’ll give you whatever you need. With that I’ll open it up.”
--------

Defensive Coordinator Ken Flajole- Post Practice
December 15, 2011

(On QB Andy Dalton)
“He is playing much better than a rookie is right now, very efficient, hard guy to sack. He feels pressure, knows when to get rid of the ball. I think he’s a guy that if you give him an open pass rush lane he kinds of finds it a little bit. They’ve only given up I think 21 sacks so they’ve done a nice job and I give a little credit to the young guy because he doesn’t hold on to the ball.”

------------------------------

Offensive Coordinator Josh McDaniels – Post Practice
December 15, 2011

(On what problems Cincinnati’s defense presents)
“They’re a really active front seven. They create a lot of negative plays with their front four guys. (DT Geno) Atkins, he’s really come on and become a real disruptive player. I think he has seven or eight sacks as a defensive tackle which in this league is kind of rare and unique. They play an aggressive style. Coach (Defensive Coordinator Mike) Zimmer is I think one of the finest coaches in the league in terms of what he presents to you, in terms of the problems with his scheme. They pressure a lot with the secondary, which is one of the things we focused on hard yesterday and today, talked about that’s one of the ways that they really like to come after the quarterback, with the safeties. They present a lot of different problems. They’ve got some veteran corners, they do a good job of trying to take the ball away from you if you’re sloppy in the passing game and they’ve really been pretty good against the run all year. I know they’ve had a couple games the last couple of weeks where they’ve given up some yards, but I think this is a really good unit.”

--------------------------------

RB Steven Jackson – Post Practice
December 15, 2011

(On what he sees from the Bengals defense)
“Very aggressive first, that’s what sticks out. They’re very aggressive. They have multiple looks where their secondary will be blitzing from different depths. Their linebackers are downhill and they play with intimidation, so they try to intimidate and try to come down hill and stuff the hole up. We have a challenge ahead of us.”
(On if LB Rey Maualuga is one he uses a measuring stick with)
“I’ve never played against him so I don’t know. I can’t use him…yeah.”
(On his thoughts of closing in on 1,000-yard season)
“Well, I mean it would be nice to eclipse that, but first thing is first is, one we have to make sure we execute the offense and get us in a flow of things. I’m pretty sure they’ll be determined to stop the run, be stingy and not want to give up the ability for us to have that and me eclipse 1,000 yards. With that being said, we’re going to, have to probably dig them out blitzing, back them off being aggressive.”

---------------------------

full transcripts: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ramsfans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.ramsfans.com</a>