Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo-Post Practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo-Post Practice
November 23, 2011

(Opening Statement)
“Alright the guys that didn’t practice today: (DT) Justin Bannan, (LB) Josh Hull, (LB) James Laurinaitis did not go, he’s got a foot that’s bothering him right now. We’ll see where we are tomorrow. (T) Mark LeVoir and (T) Jason Smith. Some of the other guys were limited. We got through practice pretty good. We adjusted it a little bit because we’ve got guys banged up, so we got our looks taken care of but we made sure we didn’t do too much where we set anything back. And away we go, looking forward to playing Arizona. I’ll open it up.”

------------------------------

Defensive Coordinator Ken Flajole – Post Practice
November 23, 2011

(On not having CB Al Harris and the challenge WR Larry Fitzgerald will present)
“Even with Al it’s a challenge. I say that because we have a lot of respect for Larry Fitzgerald. He’s a premier receiver in the league. He’s a hard guy to defend and we’ll have to shore it up a little bit, no question.”

--------------------------------

Offensive Coordinator Josh McDaniels – Post-Practice
November 23, 2011

(On if they over-thought the game plan last week and got away from the run)
“You can always look back on it and say those things. That being said, he still…when the game was competitive all the way into the early part of the fourth quarter, I think we had, had 16 or 17 carries and really we weren’t doing very well, and at that point when you look at it and you see you’re averaging one or two yards a carry and you’re that far along in the game, I think that’s why you don’t end up with 25, 28 carries in the game. I kind of look at it and say we end up with too much second-and-9, second-and-10, second-and-8. There’s no question that was part of our game plan. Seattle dropped a safety down, basically the entire day, which we expected them to do. There were a lot of one-on-one matchups in the secondary and there were some that we won, and probably more times that we didn’t do enough to either allow time for them to get open or just they did a good job of covering us. Each game plan is different. That was certainly something that we planned on using. We used it a lot in the Green Bay game and used it successfully. Unfortunately, we didn’t do as well as we would have liked or as we planned going into the game.”

-------------------------------

QB Sam Bradford – Post Practice
November 23, 2011

(On if he is still frustrated from Sunday’s game)
“No, I think I’ve moved on. I’ve let it go. I’ve tried to take all that I could from that game and that experience. Obviously, it wasn’t a good one, but I think there were a lot of things that I learned from after watching the tape. Now it’s moved on and getting ready for Arizona this week.”

-----------------------------

RB Steven Jackson – Post Practice
November 23, 2011

(On what the challenges are when playing a team two times so close together)
“The challenges that presents itself are both teams know each other really well. Physically both teams matchup really well. They’re an aggressive defense. The first game was overtime, tooth and nail, so we’re expecting another tough game. Another game that’s probably going to come down to field position and making sure that we hold on to the ball and hopefully cause some turnovers. Things like this, are where the details of the game really, really shows and reveals itself when two teams are so evenly matched.”

-----------------

full articles: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ramsfans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.ramsfans.com</a>

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
MCDaniels (On how much they consider changing the game plan after bringing in a new, young left tackle)
We put the tight end in the back over there whenever we were throwing the ball, we were chipping. You have to do all those things no matter what you’re doing. Whether you have an empty backfield or you have two backs in the backfield you’re going to put the formation to those people, but ultimately in football there’s a way to get five-on-five match-ups if you want to on defense, if you want to pass rush that way. The more you keep in, the more they may bring at you. Bottom line, we have to do a little bit better job, if that’s the situation, get the ball out quickly and certainly not put ourselves in a hole to where you have to play the rest of the game that way because that’s never a good formula.”

On the one sack where Sam got obliterated, Clemons was lined up in the Wide 8, or even wider (outside) than Bajema in the slot but Bajema didn't chip him when he released. In the chatroom everyone bagged on Hughes, and I said, Bajema should have chipped him. Hughes had to practically sprint to even make it over there, then was obviously off balance. Looks like McD confirmed that.