Have any of our new O-linemen snapped the ball?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I've heard people say that Jamon Brown is "athletically identical" to Cam Erving, and I wonder, has he or any other 2015 Rams draft pick ever snapped the ball? Because let's be fair, Erving didn't really do so until the middle of the 2014 NCAA season. I wonder if they're going by the whole "we can make a good tackle into a great center" mentality that seems to have elevated Erving, Morse and Marpet.

Cann, too, whom I wanted, didn't play center in college, but was considered a versatile value pick because he snapped in the pre-draft process.

Would anyone be really surprised to see Brown or "The Smart Well-Coached Guy" Donnal playing the middle of the line come camp? That may be another reason why they went after highly-experienced football players with a lot of football IQ and great collegiate coaching.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
A great question. I would like to know as well.

I watched'd the draft wondering if we would take a Center. I figured if they didn't, that they must be comfortable with Barnes, Jones or Rahney. Also versatile players.

One thing in common with all 4 guys they took, was inelegance. 3 were maulers, but all 4 are deemed bright young men.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A great question. I would like to know as well.

I watched'd the draft wondering if we would take a Center. I figured if they didn't, that they must be comfortable with Barnes, Jones or Rahney. Also versatile players.

One thing in common with all 4 guys they took, was inelegance. 3 were maulers, but all 4 are deemed bright young men.
Bright young men with lots and lots of collegiate experience in a blocking system very similar to what the Rams run.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Bright young men with lots and lots of collegiate experience in a blocking system very similar to what the Rams run.
The oline is going to be the most exciting position battle to watch in camp this year. Looking forward to the camp reports, as I always do.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think one of the best things about the Rams oline this year is that it sure seems like it has a chance to stick for more than one season.

...well, assuming it comes together well.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think one of the best things about the Rams oline this year is that it sure seems like it has a chance to stick for more than one season.

...well, assuming it comes together well.
Safety in numbers.
If 2 of the oline picks pan out, I'll be happy. All 4 would be a blessing.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
An Offensive line needs time to jell. It takes a while for each player to know and have faith in the man beside them. I'm excited for the picks the Rams made. I think they were tired of seeing their O-Line fall apart because of injuries. Some say they went overboard with all of the offensive line picks but I say nonsense, a team can never be too deep with linemen. It's all about the trenches in the NFL. Who will play center? whoever wants it more.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
An Offensive line needs time to jell. It takes a while for each player to know and have faith in the man beside them. I'm excited for the picks the Rams made. I think they were tired of seeing their O-Line fall apart because of injuries. Some say they went overboard with all of the offensive line picks but I say nonsense, a team can never be too deep with linemen. It's all about the trenches in the NFL. Who will play center? whoever wants it more.
I don't know if anyone is complaining about taking so many picks. It was pretty predictable they were going to do this shotgun method after doing the same thing with DB last year. The only complaint is that quantity doesn't always mean quality. The best of a bad bunch might still be bad, even if they win the starting job. But as you correctly stated the hope is these guys have elite ceilings and become a unit that can win in the NFL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No centers....Cann, I read, had been a center in high school. So he did some at the senior bowl....
So we're going with Rhaney, Barnes, and Jones....As long as Wells is gone, looks like an improvement.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I was hoping the same thing, that maybe one of these guys could get plugged in at C (except Frankenstein, of course). I don't mind that we picked 4 OL'ers in the draft... I'd rather have 4 OL's from out of rounds 2-6 that fit our scheme, than 1 badly drafted "#1 can't miss" guy (see "Smith, Jason").

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
All I want is an OL that mirrors the DL.....I don't see that at present. But like many of you, I'm willing to wait through the 3rd preseason game before stocking up on valium & scotch.

I mean, miracles do happen....................................................................don't they?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Barrett Jones is pretty tall. And with the exception of Brown, the rest of the draft picks are even taller than him.

Not sure about Boudreau, but I understand that some OLine coaches don't like centers to be too tall.

I watched 3 rookie late round choices start a center last year. I'd hope that the Rams could salvage a solid center from the guys already on the roster. If not there are still some available in free agency.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Robinson Havenstein and Rhaney
1-800-PANCAKE
th

CALL NOW!