Harbaugh returning to NFL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cris Carter claims to have a very good source telling him that some of the Packers brass loves Harbaugh and he will be their first choice as new Head Coach. Ditto for Cleveland.

So, does Harbaugh, Hairball, Harblah, whichever you prefer, return to the NFL despite seeming to have his Alma mater in position to begin meeting expectations?

What are you Wolvy fans hearing?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So, does Harbaugh, Hairball, Harblah, whichever you prefer, return to the NFL despite seeming to have his Alma mater in position to begin meeting expectations?

What are you Wolvy fans hearing?

IMO, one more year at Michigan now that Urban Meyer has left Ohio State. Granted there will be some major opportunities this year with the Jets, Packers & Browns, but look for the Browns to go with Mike McCarthy, the Packers with John Harbaugh and the New York Jets will go with John DeFilippo IMHO....As to the Baltimore Ravens a couple of dark horses with Matt Campbell of Iowa State or Matt Rhule of Baylor or more likely, Eric Bieniemy OC Chiefs.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its interesting for sure.
I agree with @den-the-coach that with Meyer gone, he has a clear path to the Big 10 crown.
But what jobs will be available after next season? And god forbid he doesn't win in Meyer's absence, it could cost him a ticket back to the NFL permanently

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And god forbid he doesn't win in Meyer's absence, it could cost him a ticket back to the NFL permanently

I don't think so, I believe he'll always have suitors in the NFL and maybe next year the Miami Dolphin job becomes available because it came down between Miami & San Francisco last time and as all of us know, you can't shovel sunshine.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think so, I believe he'll always have suitors in the NFL and maybe next year the Miami Dolphin job becomes available because it came down between Miami & San Francisco last time and as all of us know, you can't shovel sunshine.
He loses to Ohio State next year and he could be out on his ear. Not sure the NFL comes running then

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He loses to Ohio State next year and he could be out on his ear. Not sure the NFL comes running then

Oh I believe they will, he won at the NFL level, there are different dynamics in college just like in the NFL. Look at Chip Kelly, he lost big at San Francisco, but he had UCLA & Florida fighting over him. Harbaugh done a good job at Michigan as he's won 10 games in 3 out of 4 years currently and his overall record at Stanford & Michigan is 67-34. If he looses to Ohio State next year, he'll still be in high demand, no doubt about it.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
SMH he's not leaving Michigan.
Since leaving San Fran every year this BS comes up and every year it's all hopes and wishes.

Once year you'll realize that Michigan is the place to be.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
SMH he's not leaving Michigan.
Since leaving San Fran every year this BS comes up and every year it's all hopes and wishes.

Once year you'll realize that Michigan is the place to be.

I think he wants to get back to the NFL eventually. He went to the Superbowl. He feels that he can get back there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IMO, one more year at Michigan now that Urban Meyer has left Ohio State. Granted there will be some major opportunities this year with the Jets, Packers & Browns, but look for the Browns to go with Mike McCarthy, the Packers with John Harbaugh and the New York Jets will go with John DeFilippo IMHO....As to the Baltimore Ravens a couple of dark horses with Matt Campbell of Iowa State or Matt Rhule of Baylor or more likely, Eric Bieniemy OC Chiefs.

I don't think John Harbaugh gets fired.

Corbin

I think he wants to get back to the NFL eventually. He went to the Superbowl. He feels that he can get back there.
You guys aren't getting it and I don't blame you. Being a Michigan man is something more than a SB, the NFL, or personal accomplishments. No player is above The Team, No Coach is above The Team, The Team, The Team, The Team. It's a belief, something that is more than money, personal glory or accomplishments can give you. Something other fans and players of other programs don't understand because they aren't part of it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KOwLaCf0y0

Harbaugh lives, breathes and eats this. It's the core of him as a person, of who he is. What he's raising his kids to believe and buy into.

This year was his first year having 'his' team and a QB that could half ass run his offense. Now he just needs to capitalize on it in coming years. But regardless of anything, he must beat OSU next year or this all might be a mute point.

Don't hear Jim, listen to him talk about Michigan circa 2004

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqKFAtWqmWU

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You Wolverines are cuckoo. ;) :p

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You guys aren't getting it and I don't blame you. Being a Michigan man is something more than a SB, the NFL, or personal accomplishments. No player is above The Team, No Coach is above The Team, The Team, The Team, The Team. It's a belief, something that is more than money, personal glory or accomplishments can give you. Something other fans and players of other programs don't understand because they aren't part of it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KOwLaCf0y0

Harbaugh lives, breathes and eats this. It's the core of him as a person, of who he is. What he's raising his kids to believe and buy into.

This year was his first year having 'his' team and a QB that could half ass run his offense. Now he just needs to capitalize on it in coming years. But regardless of anything, he must beat OSU next year or this all might be a mute point.

Don't hear Jim, listen to him talk about Michigan circa 2004

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqKFAtWqmWU

Don’t believe it. He, and any other coach will sing the praises of his new school and promise his intent on being there forever.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Harbaugh goes 8-4 next year after getting waxed by OSU and the "Michigan Men" will be forcing him out the door

Corbin

Don’t believe it. He, and any other coach will sing the praises of his new school and promise his intent on being there forever.
Cant wait till the ' told you so next year'

Apparently you didnt watch the videos. Meh fans of other programs dont understand, i cant blame them, there is no culture that compares.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Apparently you didnt watch the videos. Meh fans of other programs dont understand, i cant blame them, there is no culture that compares.

Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, Georgia Auburn, Ohio State, etc,... every player that has ever played at a big college feels just like Harbaugh does about Michigan. There is nothing mystical or magical about it.

And if he doesn't leave and you give us the 'I told you so' speech, then you will likely be getting one yourself a year or two later.

Congrats on losing your five star safety to Alabama btw. Daxton Hill apparently felt that Alabama's culture not only compared, but was better. Now he will be part of a National Championship team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, chill bro. You're leaving the reservation.

Corbin

Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, Georgia Auburn, Ohio State, etc,... every player that has ever played at a big college feels just like Harbaugh does about Michigan. There is nothing mystical or magical about it.

And if he doesn't leave and you give us the 'I told you so' speech, then you will likely be getting one yourself a year or two later.

Congrats on losing your five star safety to Alabama btw. Daxton Hill apparently felt that Alabama's culture not only compared, but was better. Now he will be part of a National Championship team.
Recruits come and go nothing new or special about that.

As far as culture of a Football at the collegiate level there is only ONE place that is the winning-est organization. Its one where there is no controversies about paying players, scamming coaches, letting coaches beat their wives and look the other way, molest kids and cover it up, allow players to be paid, rape women and cover it up.

This is Michigan.

There is a difference how you carry yourself and the type of program it is with VERY FEW having even a chance of throwing their hat in the conversation as the premiere place to go to school, become part of a top end culture, and be considered every year at the top of the sport you compete in.

Haha, chill bro. You're leaving the reservation.

Sometimes the indians need to follow the buffalo wherever they may roam! ;)