Hal Steinbrenner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
its official. I hate the guy. 500 million profit each year and he doesn’t want to put it to use. How do you not match Washington’s offer to Corbin?

Now they are considering Lance freaking Lynn. Barf.

They don’t have the goods to land Kluber. George is gonna rain hellfire down if this keeps up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh man, I normally agree with you on most everything, but not with you on this. I think Corbin was ridiculously over rated. 6 years 140 mill?? That's nuts for a guy who's had 1 good season. I don't get the feeling that the Yankees were all in on him from the start, he was just using the Yanks to get more money elsewhere. From what I understand, the Yanks were looking at a 4 year deal, maybe 5 in the 17 mill range, but didn't even offer when those numbers came out
They aren't done yet.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Yankees add someone like Keuchel or Kikuchi to their team. They want a lefty starter.

As for the Cardinals, we got Goldschmidt, and hopefully we can add on to the team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Yankees add someone like Keuchel or Kikuchi to their team. They want a lefty starter.

As for the Cardinals, we got Goldschmidt, and hopefully we can add on to the team.[/QUOTE

GoldSchmidt was a great acquisition. I would have loved to see him on the Yankees. They keep talking about trading Andujar away for pitching. If they do that and don’t land a replacement bat their offense will not be the same. He was their most consistent hitter and it was his first year. Goldschmidt would have replaced his offense.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Oh man, I normally agree with you on most everything, but not with you on this. I think Corbin was ridiculously over rated. 6 years 140 mill?? That's nuts for a guy who's had 1 good season. I don't get the feeling that the Yankees were all in on him from the start, he was just using the Yanks to get more money elsewhere. From what I understand, the Yanks were looking at a 4 year deal, maybe 5 in the 17 mill range, but didn't even offer when those numbers came out
They aren't done yet.

Corbin was the best available free agent pitcher. That was what would have made it a good move. No prospects or players traded. I think he is better than Happ. But yeah 6 years is too much. They will have to trade Andujar or Torres to land a top arm and most that are available are starting to have signs of decline, or they come with baggage, like Bauer (headcase), or Syndergaard ( injuries).

Kuechel is losing his stuff. I could see them settling for Kikichu but he is a plan b. They really screwed up not getting Cole last year imo. I think Kluber will cost too much and the Yankee farm has been traded off. There really isn’t much mlb ready talent there. Maybe King, or Loaisiga. But that’s not enough to get Kluber imo

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Corbin was the best available free agent pitcher. That was what would have made it a good move. No prospects or players traded. I think he is better than Happ. But yeah 6 years is too much. They will have to trade Andujar or Torres to land a top arm and most that are available are starting to have signs of decline, or they come with baggage, like Bauer (headcase), or Syndergaard ( injuries).

Kuechel is losing his stuff. I could see them settling for Kikichu but he is a plan b. They really screwed up not getting Cole last year imo. I think Kluber will cost too much and the Yankee farm has been traded off. There really isn’t much mlb ready talent there. Maybe King, or Loaisiga. But that’s not enough to get Kluber imo

Trade Andujar for Syndergaard and sign Machado. We come out way ahead. Syndergaard might have injury issues, but he's a significantly better talent than Corbin. Machado is superior to Andujar (and I'm a big fan of Andujar's).

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Trade Andujar for Syndergaard and sign Machado. We come out way ahead. Syndergaard might have injury issues, but he's a significantly better talent than Corbin. Machado is superior to Andujar (and I'm a big fan of Andujar's).

The Mets don't seem to be interested in Andujar. He was the most consistent, I think best, hitter on the team last year.

I read that the Yankees are trying to move Sanchez now and they want Realmuto. Sanchez for Thor, Andujar for Realmuto.

They just signed Happ. I don't think he's a good match up against Boston. I'd love a top line starter like Thor, or Kluber.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Mets will not trade with the Yankees.
That’s why the Marlins got involved, to see if a 3 way would work and it didn’t.
In any event, Yankees got Happ back and are unlikely to make any major moves for SP now unless something falls in their lap.
Will be interesting to see what happens when they sign Machado though...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Mets don't seem to be interested in Andujar. He was the most consistent, I think best, hitter on the team last year.

I read that the Yankees are trying to move Sanchez now and they want Realmuto. Sanchez for Thor, Andujar for Realmuto.

They just signed Happ. I don't think he's a good match up against Boston. I'd love a top line starter like Thor, or Kluber.

I do not understand the desire to move Sanchez for Realmuto.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do not understand the desire to move Sanchez for Realmuto.
Yanks were in on Realmuto in a 3 way, Sanchez was most definitely NOT in the conversation. Cashman has emphatically stated that Sanchez is not, and was not on the market.
The Mets want Realmuto

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yanks were in on Realmuto in a 3 way, Sanchez was most definitely NOT in the conversation. Cashman has emphatically stated that Sanchez is not, and was not on the market.
The Mets want Realmuto

Some wonder if the Yankees are posturing to try to get the Mets back in on the deal. The Mets are trying to get Realmuto without help from the Yankees.

There is some speculation that the Yankees no longer view Sanchez as a long time catcher. They supposedly floated the idea of trading for Realmuto and having he and Sanchez split between DH and catcher to keep both fresh.

Then there is also the angle that they really are unsatisfied with Sanchez’ defense as they are with Andujars. They see Realmuto and Machado are a better combo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some wonder if the Yankees are posturing to try to get the Mets back in on the deal. The Mets are trying to get Realmuto without help from the Yankees.

There is some speculation that the Yankees no longer view Sanchez as a long time catcher. They supposedly floated the idea of trading for Realmuto and having he and Sanchez split between DH and catcher to keep both fresh.

Then there is also the angle that they really are unsatisfied with Sanchez’ defense as they are with Andujars. They see Realmuto and Machado are a better combo.
Yankees are all in on Sanchez. They shot down any idea that they aren't happy with him. https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryf...ins-highly-confident-in-sanchez/#1ecbaaf34875
The Realmuto stuff was just to get the Mets involved. The Mets are just idiots, they could have really improved their club last year if they weren't so stubborn about the Yankees. And now this year its even worse. Sure they might listen if the Yanks offered Judge in the deal....
The fireworks could pop after the Yankees sign Machado. That frees them up to use Andujar to get a top flight starter

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yankees are all in on Sanchez. They shot down any idea that they aren't happy with him. https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryf...ins-highly-confident-in-sanchez/#1ecbaaf34875
The Realmuto stuff was just to get the Mets involved. The Mets are just idiots, they could have really improved their club last year if they weren't so stubborn about the Yankees. And now this year its even worse. Sure they might listen if the Yanks offered Judge in the deal....
The fireworks could pop after the Yankees sign Machado. That frees them up to use Andujar to get a top flight starter

Andujar would help the Mets immensely. Adding his offense to Cano’s would keep their starters from battling in 1 run games like last year.

I just read that the Mets didn’t like the idea of helping the Yankees and the three player deal has shifted to the Marlins-Mets-Padres with other teams throwing their hat into the ring.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Andujar would help the Mets immensely. Adding his offense to Cano’s would keep their starters from battling in 1 run games like last year.

I just read that the Mets didn’t like the idea of helping the Yankees and the three player deal has shifted to the Marlins-Mets-Padres with other teams throwing their hat into the ring.
Yup, they are idiots. Andujar would absolutely RAKE at Citi field too. He is a doubles machine, imagine in a big park like that? I'm not terribly disappointed though, I just don't think Syndegard will stay healthy.
I really like Andujar, and would hate to lose his bat, but we are getting Machado so....
I'd personally like to see him shag some flies in the OF