Gurley’s X-Factor? His hurdling ability. Highlights inside!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
usp_nfl__chicago_bears_at_st_77559884.jpg

Gurley doing it as a Bulldog ...

ap_tennessee_georgia_football_67591736.jpg

brandon-watts-d.j.-white-todd-gurley-ncaa-football-georgia-georgia-tech.jpg

Over Von Miller ...

madden-nfl-17-todd-gurley-von-miller_x9fwoeazwvrf15tllt3qwcauo.jpg

todd-gurley-terence-newman-nfl-st.-louis-rams-minnesota-vikings.jpg

1.634956.jpg

And Oh Yeah ...

600x360-RAMS_14x48_TODD_FIN.jpg

Even Aaron Donald gets in on the action ...

ad_34529484_830a20bd4a98d718_web.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I cringe when he does it, and feel a sense of relief when he finishes the play and isn't hurt. It put's him in a very vulnerable position and he becomes too "hittable" with no way to really protect himself. His ribs and head are at risk. If a player leapt into him with a clean tackle and took him down to the turf on his shoulder/head he could miss a lot of time.

And his leg planting after a high jump is vulnerable to a hit too.

Luckily he's not done it in a crowd and never does!!!

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Agree with you.
I love how athletic he is but I do not like him leaving the ground like that. Injury % goes way up when he does that.
I wish he'd stop that.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Don't care for his hurdling. What happens if he cracks his knee on a helmet or lands the wrong way? That said, I would bet that for Gurley it's a split second decision that he doesn't think about. It's part of his muscle memory. Be careful Todd, we need you for the playoff run and for years to come.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Don't care for his hurdling. What happens if he cracks his knee on a helmet or lands the wrong way? That said, I would bet that for Gurley it's a split second decision that he doesn't think about. It's part of his muscle memory. Be careful Todd, we need you for the playoff run and for years to come.

Well he's a bust and what idiot drafts a RB that had surgery in college.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What's stupid is his catch radius and sureness of his hands on top of his running ability. That catch he made behind him against the Titans when he was comin across the middle... There are a LOT of receivers who cannot make that.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Todd Gurley is the best weapon in the NFL.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
What's stupid is his catch radius and sureness of his hands on top of his running ability. That catch he made behind him against the Titans when he was comin across the middle... There are a LOT of receivers who cannot make that.

That was definitely an underrated catch, especially to keep his forward momentum. He made it look so easy.